April 17, 2024, 09:29:39 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 6363 times)

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
Introductions!
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:20:07 PM »
Hello there!

My name is Maxwell and I'm from England.

I found this website whilst trying to look for a manga artist, because I love writing stories and wish to see them on paper one day! I figured I could use this neat website somehow (still trying to figure how) :3

Favorite anime of mine would be Cowboy Bebop, and manga would be Azumanga Daioh :D

Writing is something I do full-time, art is something I'm less keen on due to hand cramps.

So yeah, can't wait to check this website out and see if I can help people, and people can help me :)

PEACE!!!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »
Yo, my fellow Englishman.  Enjoy your stay here. May I ask what kind of writing you do?

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:25:55 PM »
A thank you to Mr. Coryn for his lovely welcome :)

And to Hikari, what's the good the word??? The writing I be doing is varied, but as of right now I am writing a College Comedy, and an Action Tragedy.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »
Hello GingerJoy and Welcome to MangaRaiders!
Wow, the artists are gonna be outnumbered by writers one day hehe.
What genre's do you prefer? or do you engage in all of them? Would like to see your works! I write too, though I keep it to lined-paper haha XD.
If you've got any questions-just ask and we'll help in the ways that we can.
Enjoy yourself here as well :D
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »
Interesting... well if you feel like it head on over to the writers section and upload some stuff for us at any time, we'll be happy to review it and give advice. We have a lot of good writers here so feel free to check out some of their works as well.

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
Hello there!

My name is Maxwell and I'm from England.

I found this website whilst trying to look for a manga artist, because I love writing stories and wish to see them on paper one day! I figured I could use this neat website somehow (still trying to figure how) :3

Favorite anime of mine would be Cowboy Bebop, and manga would be Azumanga Daioh :D

Writing is something I do full-time, art is something I'm less keen on due to hand cramps.

So yeah, can't wait to check this website out and see if I can help people, and people can help me :)

PEACE!!!

Good day to you Echo_River! Genres that appeal to me are Slice of Life and Adventure, but I do read most of the others at some point :) Writing on paper was what I used to do, until my pen exploded in my mouth one day -_- And yes I have questions!

1. Am I using this right? I don't go on these type of websites much :O

2. How do I show my works???

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »
Interesting... well if you feel like it head on over to the writers section and upload some stuff for us at any time, we'll be happy to review it and give advice. We have a lot of good writers here so feel free to check out some of their works as well.

Hikari my man, I'd love to upload some stuff and check out other people's work :) As soon as I figure out how to work this website XD

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
There are lots of ways to upload stuff. For me as soon as ive written the chapter (Microsoft word) I copy it and paste it into a reply, that normally works well for me. To start a topic for your own story, go into the writers section, develop my story, and click "new topic" choose a name and a little something about it, like a quick, short synopsis,  thenreply to it and follow my first bit, that way you will have started a story

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
There are lots of ways to upload stuff. For me as soon as ive written the chapter (Microsoft word) I copy it and paste it into a reply, that normally works well for me. To start a topic for your own story, go into the writers section, develop my story, and click "new topic" choose a name and a little something about it, like a quick, short synopsis,  thenreply to it and follow my first bit, that way you will have started a story

Ah-ha, I see. Thank you Mr. Hikari, I shall attempt this immediately! You certainly sound like a person who knows what they're doing, I'll check out your stuff in the near future     :thumbsup:

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »
Ah, dont worry bout it, ive just been here for a while. If you do check out my series' I hope you like them

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
Ah, dont worry bout it, ive just been here for a while. If you do check out my series' I hope you like them

Yes sir! Might I ask a question though? So I create the story and write the summary and ect... But do I have to update as I go along? (E.G. I write another chapter so I post that) Or do I create another thingy for that?

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
Yay! Another writer! Welcome to MR!

Well, if you plan on posting your work here, it'd be pretty sweet. I'd love to see it. So, don't be afraid to look around and check out others' work! Otherwise, be cool, and I hope to see you around!

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
Yay! Another writer! Welcome to MR!

Well, if you plan on posting your work here, it'd be pretty sweet. I'd love to see it. So, don't be afraid to look around and check out others' work! Otherwise, be cool, and I hope to see you around!

Thank you Mr. Takeo :) It is a pleasure to meet another write too! I'd be more than pleased if you saw my work, and I'll definitely check out other peeps, with you near the top of the list  :thumbsup:

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
You can keep going adding chapters to a topic, thats what ive been doing. I dont think the moderators mind about the post count seenas there are topics with over 100 pages of posts