January 17, 2018, 09:52:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Austa's Sketches (Would love thoughts and feedback)  (Read 40462 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Austa's Sketches (Would love thoughts and feedback)
« Reply #1215 on: May 14, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
Naw the image loading problem is definitely my side so ignore it haha. I just have bad luck like that. Booth! Booth, Booth!

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
What? A sketchbook where markers don't bleed through? That must be some expensive stuff. Maybe even a sketchbook made for painting? Yeesh. Get me on board with that (when I can afford markers again, lmao).

((But also yes Lana is was my first waifu. Franziska slowly wormed her way in afterwards like the little s---stain she is.))

The sketchbook was 14 bucks which is about the price I expect for a good book with decent paper anyways. A piece of advice I found true is that "You can use cheap supplies and get great results, but the paper must be good quality." And it's a good point. There is another book with the same paper that is also 10 bucks.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/crescent-rendr-no-show-thru-paper/

Yes, but I love the vulnerability to Franziska's character too and I don't think people give her enough credit. Totally ship her with Adrian Andrews btw.

@Lego- Awwww! Thanks!

Working on devising some Koto prints from Yu Yu Hakusho. Will probably make Juri ones too. <3 WIP.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 20, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
Totally ship her with Adrian Andrews btw.
...Might I interest you in a work of mine about those very two? It's old, but readable.

The colors are coming together nicely on this new one. The background is a nice contrast, but it adds something more too.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 21, 2017, 04:49:28 AM »
its amazing how your work can look soooo good, even though it is really sketchy!!!!

i have a bleed proof pad, after using normal paper it seriously does feel like magic, right :P
on the drawing in your sketchbook, the hair is really nicely colored. i think the shading on the rest of the character could have been a bit stronger with more darks, but its still nice :P the use of the solid black is also good, im trying that a bit more these days :P

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 10, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »
Totally ship her with Adrian Andrews btw.
...Might I interest you in a work of mine about those very two? It's old, but readable.

The colors are coming together nicely on this new one. The background is a nice contrast, but it adds something more too.

Awwwww! Your fic was like a little rainbow on my day! It's a small world of like-minded shippers, I swear! <3

@Suupertramp - Thanks for the tip. I did actually meet an artist on the Hellboy comics (he is the penciller) in Georgia this weekend and he did tell me that I should focus on contrast more and making the dark areas pop more. <3

Who's ready for a traditional sketchdump?

First the stuff from my grayscale sketchbook

Marker stuff

Watercolor Stuff (I'm not good at them, but it relaxes me)-

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 10, 2017, 02:19:27 PM »
Might that last one be a Gerudo from the LoZ franchise? It's so rare for me to see good stuff of them, and it makes me sad.

One thing I notice is that in some portraits more than others, the eyes are a little far apart. Kinda fishy, haha. Other than that, I love your use of curves and color. It adds a certain depth that I don't see in some sharper works.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 11, 2017, 09:50:15 AM »
Might that last one be a Gerudo from the LoZ franchise? It's so rare for me to see good stuff of them, and it makes me sad.

One thing I notice is that in some portraits more than others, the eyes are a little far apart. Kinda fishy, haha. Other than that, I love your use of curves and color. It adds a certain depth that I don't see in some sharper works.

Yes, that is a gerudo. I love them so much. <3 I couldn't help but to attempt to paint one. <3

I did notice that. It's so hard drawing one eye and making the other match, but I am working on it. *sweatdrop*

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 28, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
Damn Austa your work has gained a new level of life with your marker work. I want to use grayscale markers now! I`d seriously love to get my hands on a physical version of one of these. And the line work is none the less more alive and stuff. Serious props!

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 31, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »
Eh, photobucket has screwed me a lot on here. XD

Ah well, it's all old stuff anyways.

Time to post some new sketches.

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 31, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »
Great work Austa!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 31, 2017, 11:23:47 PM »
I know the feeling Austa.

Glad to see you up and about! Love the portrait on the third one, and your style in general of course. What did you use color-wise for the first one?

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 22, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
Very good!

Facebook       Patreon