March 29, 2024, 02:00:29 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [UBM] Classroom (1st Semstr. P1, Module 1) -Status: Activity 1.2-  (Read 16912 times)

Offline Manga Boy

• Graphic Learner
  • Trying to chase the succession.
    • View Profile
Re: [UBM] Classroom (1st Semstr. P1, Module 1) -Status: Activity 1.2-
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
for this, i'm just using the mouse for the paneling strokes  :)

Offline Proteus

• A Mangaka Reborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »
Okay, I think I may have misinterpreted my orders for this assignment, but I did the paneling style in the same way as the storyboard - I just felt it worked that way (and was really unsure of what to do with the assignment as well...)

Nevertheless, here's my current progress. I can still make stuff with it for the upcoming sketching assignment. Might add some more panels for added effect, but I don't know.

Page 1 (for that big cityscape shot)

Page 2 (the factory shots will be here)

*sigh* I'm screwed, aren't I?
"If the bear wants honey, it doesn't kick over the beehive." - Unknown, but sage advice.

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
  • Do what ever, but don't lose your cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 01:36:10 AM »
Note-The top of 1st page is bleeder.
Some pencil line was erased digitally to get neatness.

Page 1-http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/codenametukaioo7/media/ThespeechPpage1-Copy_zps54d38c54.jpg.html

Page 2-http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/codenametukaioo7/media/ThespeechPpage2-Copy_zps79c36147.jpg.html

Thanks for considering sensei.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »
@Proteus: You need to try and clean up your lines there, if you use a scanner I suggest you edit the lines, you don't havad to use something fancy like photoshop, even Microsoft paint would be just fine :D Your panels should look as if it were a real manga. Good work though! :thumbsup:

@Debo-san: Nice work ;) I really like your panelling :santa: Though there are some things you need to take mind of. Firstly, your panels aren't correctly positioned, though do not fret, I also make this mistake ;D It can always be fixed with editing software :santa: Maybe consider buying some Blue Margined Comic Manuscripts from DELETER, the paper has blue guidelines that assure perfect messurements, and they do not appear in print :tongue:
Secondly, in your second page you used too many panels. A professional only uses up to 7 panels in a manga page. Though I did like your layout scheme  ;)

Goodwork you two! :doublethumbs:

Offline vasili

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »

ok let start with this page . I will continue scan all of the process to do 1 page manga from this page.
  The step that i use  to create under draft sketch is
  1. I do a  "story board" or "tumbnail sketch" first just like this link below
      http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,7055.0.html
     Simple concept to do this is to draw study image in small size to design composition of the page.
  2. start draft
      2.1 divide panel first. basic rule to divide panel is
             -  Leave a gap around 1.5-2 cm. in one side of paper that will use for forming a book, i don,t know
                 what it call .... kind of space in the middle of manga book .you need to leave at least 2 cm. for that.
            - Horizontal gap of manga panel is alway wider than vertical gap
     2.2 start "composition" draft
            draw horizon line , referent box for building ,referent box/shape to form the charactor
           just draw it quickly to design position of the object and cameraview.
              In this picture you will saw my "composition draft" in blue line. (I always use color pencil to draw draft line)
           Tip for design page composition.
        http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,7878.0.html
          Tip how to draw more 3D character .
        http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8129.0.html
           and the other interesting rule that i learn from pro. in my country.
             1) In one page it better to have at lest 3 camera shot
                   - long short to show back ground.(my first panel)
                   - medium range short (i don,t know what it call in technical term) to show what going on.
                   - Close range short (my second and third panel) to show character expression.
              2) In one page it better to have 2 or more camera view include.
                    - bird eye view from above  - plain view  - and  down ward view from below
                  (In my picture, unfortunately , it have only plain view)
              3) in the last panel it would be better if you can put in some "surprise moment" that
                   lure reader to flip up to the next page. (i try ,but not quite well)
     2.3 start "Detail draft"
           I use red pencil to do this job . for someone who master with pencil you can go thru from
             draft to detail with just one pencil ,but i can't do that , so i use different color of pencil.

If you have any doubt in the process ,feel free to ask . I will try to explain every thing that i know.
   .... I Use computer to add "Panel line" because it more easier than drawing it by hand ,plus it more
        adaptable if you draw panel line in computer.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:19:20 PM by vasili »
---- Just draw alot -----

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:18 AM »
@Debo-san: Nice work ;) I really like your panelling :santa: Though there are some things you need to take mind of. Firstly, your panels aren't correctly positioned, though do not fret, I also make this mistake ;D It can always be fixed with editing software :santa: Maybe consider buying some Blue Margined Comic Manuscripts from DELETER, the paper has blue guidelines that assure perfect messurements, and they do not appear in print :tongue:
Secondly, in your second page you used too many panels. A professional only uses up to 7 panels in a manga page. Though I did like your layout scheme  ;)

Goodwork you two! :doublethumbs:

Well,thanks Pen-sensei,I am not a pro so I don't know that so I used 12 panel.
Anyway can I ask for somethings, well I start sketching yesterday and I got problem in two things - 1.Cloths wrinkles and 2.drawing hand in smaller way.
Can you help me in these two things.
Thanks you.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
@vasili: Awesome work :thumbsup: And I loved the advice ;) I also have a suggestion and opinion:

- Try not having a small panel as the first panel of your page. The highlight of the page should be in the opening scene of a page, so that the reader won't want to skip the smaller panels that come first to 'skip to the point'. Rather lead up to the scene on the previous page  :santa: Also, remember that the size of your panel should depend on how important the panel is. (Very important = Big panel; Not too much going on in panel = Small panel) Examples of what would be in a big panel would be a characters first appearance, an important piece of dialogue (Eg: "I-I love you!" or "Ruke, I am yo' faada  :ninja: ), a super power being used, etc. Basically things that are really important to the story. Small panel's usually include less important content OR a quick scenes. I'm sure you have all by now read the tutorial that explains how the size of a panel effects how long the eye takes to look over a panel. Another example:  character flipping open the screen of a flip-up-phone presented in a large panel = Bad paneling, it should rather be presented in a small panel. Important character being shot presented in a small panel = Bad paneling, it should rather be presented in a large panel.

- Try to shorten dialogue, especially in series that are action based. You need to remember that a manga must be told mostly through its art. Though by shortening, I don't mean that you should leave things out, that can compromise your stories quality, rather just to 'shave off' unimportant wording that just makes the text sort of 'drag on'. Example: Bad dialogue = "What is it that you will be doing when all of the days classes are finished and school is over?".  Good dialogue = "What are you doing after school?". Understand?

- Action scenes should only use a maximum of 2 to 4 panels per page :cop:

@Debo-san: You do not need to worry to much about knowing that in this module. We will be learning about these things in the next module ;) Module one is dedicated to the basics of a manga page, not the basics of a manga drawing :thumbsup: Though I'll give you some quick tips  :D

- For wrinkles in clothes: try getting some reference pictures off the net, or take some yourself if you have some sort of camera, though do not copy them directly! :cop: Rather look at quite a few and try to learn what it's characteristics are, this way you'll be able to do it any time afterwords with no needed reference :doublethumbs:

- For fingers: Draw up a stick version of the hand in pencil then draw the hand around the figure, th bigger the shot is, the more detail you can go into with the guidelines. Though drawing hands is a very difficult task , one of my biggest problems at the moment would be drawing hands :/

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »

@Debo-san: You do not need to worry to much about knowing that in this module. We will be learning about these things in the next module ;) Module one is dedicated to the basics of a manga page, not the basics of a manga drawing :thumbsup: Though I'll give you some quick tips  :D

- For wrinkles in clothes: try getting some reference pictures off the net, or take some yourself if you have some sort of camera, though do not copy them directly! :cop: Rather look at quite a few and try to learn what it's characteristics are, this way you'll be able to do it any time afterwords with no needed reference :doublethumbs:

- For fingers: Draw up a stick version of the hand in pencil then draw the hand around the figure, th bigger the shot is, the more detail you can go into with the guidelines. Though drawing hands is a very difficult task , one of my biggest problems at the moment would be drawing hands :/

Okay thanks a lot pen-sensei.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »
Anytime Debo-san ;) Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/codenametukaioo7/media/ThespeechSpage1-Copy_zps8e900a89.jpg.html

Worst character design ever. :thumbsdown:

Note :- I erased some pencil line to give neatness and I will do the dialog bubbles later digitally and gonna erase extra sketches. ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:49:41 AM by codenametukaioo7 »

Offline Manga Boy

• Graphic Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
Kage-pen, sorry I not submitting my assignment work today. Buat, would start sketching my 2 pages little manga and I may submit it in Monday or Tuesday.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
@Debo-san: Good work! :santa: I like the simplicity of it  all  ::) There's some things you need to work on but we can focus on all that later :biggrin:

@Kenichi: That's fine ;)

Attention everyone: Activity 1.4 will be up late monday.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

UBM will be going on hiatus for a varied amount of time, this could range from two months to 5 months.
This is due to two reasons:

1. I have become very occupied quite recently, with school and SJC being the most evident. I need to seriously focus on my academics right now, I'm at an important stage of my schooling that can very much greatly affect my future.

2. A majority of UBM students have been absent for quite some time, I do not want to have to move on too far without them. Though I am deeply pleased with the consistency of the pupils who have been keeping deadlines :clapping:

Sorry for the inconvenience, though I will post activities once in a while during the hiatus, but I will pm everyone when I do ;)

Yours faithfully,
-KagePen

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:27 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

UBM will be going on hiatus for a varied amount of time, this could range from two months to 5 months.
This is due to two reasons:

1. I have become very occupied quite recently, with school and SJC being the most evident. I need to seriously focus on my academics right now, I'm at an important stage of my schooling that can very much greatly affect my future.

2. A majority of UBM students have been absent for quite some time, I do not want to have to move on too far without them. Though I am deeply pleased with the consistency of the pupils who have been keeping deadlines :clapping:

Sorry for the inconvenience, though I will post activities once in a while during the hiatus, but I will pm everyone when I do ;)

Yours faithfully,
-KagePen

Okay,I can understands Kagepen-sensei.
Goodluck for school and Shonen Jump Contest.

Offline Manga Boy

• Graphic Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »
sorry for my late submission. anyway, still in progress.