October 15, 2018, 05:10:23 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How to ink a manga page digitally?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
  • Do what ever, but don't lose your cool.
    • View Profile
How to ink a manga page digitally?
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:13:18 AM »
Please can somebody help me because if ink fall somewhere I will be scolded by my mother so is there any software with which I can ink digitally a manga in pc (Windows 7).
If yes then also tell is it free or not and give a link to it's tutorial of the introduction,the basic and how to ink a manga or line art with it.

Thank you. ;)

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
Re: How to ink a manga page digitally?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 04:52:33 AM »
I'm not a digital artist myself but here goes:
I think you can do it in photoshop and MangaStudio. But it takes a lot of practice to learn the basics. Also you'll need a tablet, unless you draw with a mouse.

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »
Then,how much will cost a tablet.(tell in any currency)

Came to think of it,I don't know anything about inking.What thing will needed,how to do it, what is best for it.All that I know is I need ink. :blush:Can anybody tell me?
And if tablet cost too much then is there anyway to not let the ink spread. :confused:

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:41:28 AM »
A tablet is really expenxive, at least a durable one.
Why are you worrying about ink spreads? These happen when you're using a Gpen or a brush. Dont use those.
Start with normal ink pens, like Staedtler Pigments or Uni Pins.
http://www.staedtler.com/en/products/ink-writing-instruments/fineliners/pigment-liner-308-fineliner/

You don't get ink spreads with those.

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »
A little tablet costs about 70 USD. I had mine for over 8 years with no issues before I decided to upgrade.

PS: Of these 8 years I used it very actively for about 3.

Offline Jamie

• Deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
Having owned both, Bamboo Pen and Bamboo Pen and touch, i can state that both tablets are inexpensive and of incredibly quality.

In order to help you fully choose a software, i'll write out the basics of each software.

Software that can be used to ink manga -

Manga Studio (I use EX 4, so will give basics of that)
  • Focused on creating comics, and is lackluster when colouring with it
  • Pens such as G Pens and Maru pens offere 'professional' quality lines, aswell as giving ability to ink according to pen style.
  • Over 3000 screen tones
  • built in perspective rulers help with drawing and creating backgrounds, incredibly useful for manga.
  • Manga Studio is also capable of rendering effects such as speed lines, and once learned can greatly increase comic productivity.
  • Speech bubbles

Tutorials for Manga Studio -

Paint Tool Sai: This is a drawing application, that seems to be more focused on creating illustrations
  • PTS comes built in with a Pen stabiliser. This is incredibly useful when beginning digital art, as it helps your lines become more fluid, and less shakey.
  • Brilliant colour options. Paint tool sai has brilliant colouring tools aswell, ranging from watercolour tools to pens and markers. Each tool can be customised to match user needs.
  • Friendly UI. It's pretty easy to get the hang off, and isn't as intimidating as Manga Studio or Photoshop.
  • No speech bubbles, rendered effects or any other tricks. This means everything has to be done by hand.

Photoshop CS6 -
  • Incredibly versatile software that can handle almost anything thrown at it
  • Can be difficult to use if new to digital art/Photoshop.
  • Is not focused on Art, instead is focused on a variety of things, such as photo editing
  • Brilliant line art tools, colour tools, and effects available. (Effects not aimed at manga)
  • I feel that it has supperior colouring tools when compared to PTS, but that's just preference
  • May require a better system than PTS and MS Ex

These are all paid for software. For free software, refer to -
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,7698.0.html

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
Having owned both, Bamboo Pen and Bamboo Pen and touch, i can state that both tablets are inexpensive and of incredibly quality.

In order to help you fully choose a software, i'll write out the basics of each software.

Software that can be used to ink manga -

Manga Studio (I use EX 4, so will give basics of that)
  • Focused on creating comics, and is lackluster when colouring with it
  • Pens such as G Pens and Maru pens offere 'professional' quality lines, aswell as giving ability to ink according to pen style.
  • Over 3000 screen tones
  • built in perspective rulers help with drawing and creating backgrounds, incredibly useful for manga.
  • Manga Studio is also capable of rendering effects such as speed lines, and once learned can greatly increase comic productivity.
  • Speech bubbles

Tutorials for Manga Studio -

Paint Tool Sai: This is a drawing application, that seems to be more focused on creating illustrations
  • PTS comes built in with a Pen stabiliser. This is incredibly useful when beginning digital art, as it helps your lines become more fluid, and less shakey.
  • Brilliant colour options. Paint tool sai has brilliant colouring tools aswell, ranging from watercolour tools to pens and markers. Each tool can be customised to match user needs.
  • Friendly UI. It's pretty easy to get the hang off, and isn't as intimidating as Manga Studio or Photoshop.
  • No speech bubbles, rendered effects or any other tricks. This means everything has to be done by hand.

Photoshop CS6 -
  • Incredibly versatile software that can handle almost anything thrown at it
  • Can be difficult to use if new to digital art/Photoshop.
  • Is not focused on Art, instead is focused on a variety of things, such as photo editing
  • Brilliant line art tools, colour tools, and effects available. (Effects not aimed at manga)
  • I feel that it has supperior colouring tools when compared to PTS, but that's just preference
  • May require a better system than PTS and MS Ex

These are all paid for software. For free software, refer to -
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,7698.0.html

Well,Thank you for your help Jamieboy113,I already owned Photoshop cs3 and it's a good software,I am still looking for a tablet,If I can't find and then I think I will use pigment liner 308 fine liner pen and use either Manga Studio or Paint Tool Sai or Gimp (because I already use it) to colour.
Without you I would never know about these software,Thank you. ;D