March 29, 2024, 01:37:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sorting Anthology Mess. Everyone who doing the Antho Vol 5 read THIS  (Read 13174 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This anthology thing gets messy again. This topic shouldn't be here but again nothing seems working here. Lets get few facts sorted.

1) Cory and I only do the publishing this Anthology (online and offline print). We DO Not

• Format
  • Ink
  • Proof read

Anything. Send us Only completed and verified stored (proofreading). If there are spelling mistakes, grammatical errors or anything else don't ask us to remove or change anything once you sent it to us. Make sure everything is done and perfect BEFORE you send files.

2) I think it was Coyrn and Lego who volunteered to Proofreading. So when you finished the story post pages in your Antho topic and let both of them to do the proof reading and POST verified in your topic. After that send files to Cory and me. 

3) We probably need more proof readers. If you are upto the job PM me. Also All Mods part of this. They should help members in this. with rules and proof reading.

4) in files you send us, there has to be 2 sets of files. one for offline print and one for online publish sizes are different also resolution, for offline print use the template given. When you are have final set of files then make another set of files for online publication.

Resolution 180  |  Width 660 px   (when you enter these values height should stay as 934 px)

5) Rules and everything is everywhere so I will make a FAQ topic and keep that for all Anthology based questions. But keep this one for this Vol. 5 mess.

Antho Vol 5 rules and guidelines
>> Here << It has most of the things you need to know but scattered around.

FAQ >>  Here  << will update FAQ with all important questions and answers we get.

Offline Print template >>  Link <<  Use this to create pages. Only after you finished these make another set with 180 px/in resolution.

I ll keep an eye on this for a while to get all these things sorted out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:17:37 PM by Hasith »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
Re: Sorting Anthology Mess. Everyone who doing the Antho Vol 5 read THIS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Ugh... When I look at all the rules of the anthology it gets really daunting... Its not either Hasith-sempai's or Cory-sempai's fault, I understand why there are so many rules, its just that I don't think Contest of Love is worth the trouble... Therefore I withdraw it from the Manga Raiders Anthology Volume 5. I'll just put it in the Members Manga section. Please inform Cory-sempai of my withdrawal.
But I will be back for the next anthology, be sure of that! :santa: And I will even assist as an editor and help proof read and grammar-check, I even helped out midsummer-san with grammar checking  with his submission so I'm sure I'll able to do it again :smile:

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
I can proofread. I do want ask the participants: proofreading can go as far as rearranging whole sentences due to dangling participles and whatnot. Would you prefer I make all the changes, or tell you what changes you need to make?

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »
 @ Pen : I don't get it. Which rules are daunting ? Could you specify ? Or you are too lazy to make a Manga your own ? :cop:

@ Paipis : Thank you. Proofreading here shouldn't be hard. All you have to do is check pages which posted in members Antho topic (when member request proofreading) and post any kind of errors you find. Changes should be made by the author. Also feel free to submit an story/Manga to this Antho. You have time since we need another 3 submissions to start publishing process.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
Formating :bored: That stuff always gives me headaches, I'm busy with exams at the moment, and I hate doing digital work -_- Chelleka was helping me with formating, but I haven't seen her around for while now..

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »
Well never let someone else to do your work. Most of the it will end up having bigger problems. Yes formatting can be troublesome at first but this is the reason why you should learn it. Unless you work for ultra big publisher or have assistants to do it, there's no other way to get away from it. But the bright side is once you done the first one it you will find it pretty easy.

Formatting is not rocket science. All you have to do is take the template and do all work inside it, leaving space for borders. Once you are done with it all you have to do is make another set of copy in low resolution for the online publication.

It's Manga Artists and Writers part of life they want their art to be published properly. Not easy, I admit but All great comic artists and writers have gone through this.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »
I understand what you are saying, formating is an important aspect of the process on getting a work publish, I accept that, but as I stated before, I do not approve of my own work, I want to be able to debut something a lot better next time, something that I approve of. Though I do not regret entering the anthology one bit, it has given me a great amount of experience and I greatly thank MR for providing me with such an opportunity :biggrin:

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
The MGR Anthology goal is to learn how to draw/format/publish your own books.

After having done the inking/formatting/grammar checking/paging/printer stuff in the four previous anthology (for free)  Hasith and me decided that all participants were to be responsable of their own projects.

The rules are simple and concern mainly the format of the pages, which is not a problem if you use our template.
The template has all the right formatting details so you will not make resolutions/size mistakes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/er2mh5s5738mujv/template-B.jpg

You just have to draw/write your project and send it to the grammar checking responsables.

We never rejected any project in the previous anthologies: everybody can take part for free as long as they follows those simple steps.
It is very rare to have the opportunity to take part on such publishing projects: most forums or sites impose a strict selection  of projects, (level, quality, etc) and all participants make their own projects by themselves, from drawing to formating and grammar checking.

The books are published and sold to the members. The books price covers only the printing, we do not gain anything out of this project. Why? Because this project is here only  to help all  mangaraiders artists to learn and to improve. It's up to you all to take this chance.

I will send the files to the printers once all the projects will have been checked.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
I will move on to making the smaller version ones, but i was wondering whether my entry was properly formatted? I'll move on to the next step if there aren't any issues with it.

By the way, i want to give a general a reminder to everyone that i'm up for proofreading and grammar checking for any of your anthology entries.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 06:16:29 AM »
Well Send one file to Cory and she will tell if its correct. If File Size and font size etc.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
Yeah i sent it way back when I haven't been gotten back to yet though.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
Where are we with the anthology at the moment?

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
I have received  only  the files sent by Legomaestro.
Size and resolutions are ok. They are in png, not jpeg but I will fix it myself. ^^
All other projects were not received!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:42:09 PM by Corycaly »

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
ohh, does that mean that i have to sent the file again?.. =0,O=

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ainĀ“t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
Yeaup looks like it. I forgot how many others were participating... man i really wanted to see it happen