March 29, 2024, 02:11:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Xbox One: Win or Fail?  (Read 6969 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One: Win or Fail?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »
When I do play video games, I usually go with Nintendo. I've never really enjoyed Xbox, though, so I just have to say...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:41:00 PM by Paipis Panella »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
Microsoft basically said: screw you if you don't have internet, play Xbox 360. Well damn
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
Fail. Sony emphasized it even more. Honestly if it weren't for them, next gen gaming would have been dead.

Offline takahashi

• keep writing untill you cant write anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
FAIL...Did anyone watch the Sony's press conference at E3 they tore Microsoft a new one.

Offline JellyMan

• Aspiring Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 11:37:57 PM »
PS4 and Wii U for me.  There is no way I'm supporting Xbox One.  Indie's can't even self publish, what kind of crap is that  :thumbsdown:

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:49:58 AM »
I liked the old xbox... whatever the first one was when I was a kid. I can't really play any of the newer games because I get seasick. lol but I did looooooove the xbox. I wish I could find a good game on the ps that didn't make me sick. lol

My brother has the xbox360, it seems like a completely different system. I can't work it, and it's all connected to his friends and stuff. Call of duty was cool, but like I said it's not even like playing an xbox. weird. :push: :push: :push: :push:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:12 AM »
Yeh, there are some definite differences. When the console started it really wasn't too different from the original xbox experience, but with time microsoft kept tweaking and tweaking the software until it wasn't even recognizable.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
I wonder why they thought that would be a good idea? When you have a unique product that everyone loves, you should make sure it keeps what it was that people loved about it!  :push:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
The thing is i literally can't even use it in my country, not practically anyways. Even if i forced matters and put in all my pocket money and my savings it would turn into a brick sooner or later with how bad the internet is and how limited i will be. It just literally wouldn't work for me.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
They actually announced they're dropping DRM and always-online and region lock, meaning you can import it and dont need internet. They still are trash in my opinion, but i just wanted to point that out.
Either way I'm going with PS4 this gen. It's 100$ cheaper, it has better exclusive games, cheaper online fee, and Sony is more stable anyways.

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
Yeah, after loud public outcries and both Sony and Nintendo managing to tear a new one in Microsoft out at E3, they actually change their policies. It's still sad that it took that much pressure before they actually changed their policies. After all the damage was done and everything was said.

Granted, it's the dreaded "Third Console Curse" but then again, if you make an unwanted peripheral mandatory to operate the console, it's obvious who'll be out on top of this generation. Nintendo and Sony are both ready with lower prices. This generation, Microsoft has made absolute fools of themselves, and it doesn't help that Windows 8 sucks all kinds of supafly booty.

In many respects, a lot of what happened in the Game Crash 1983 is being mirrored today. Supersaturation of mediocre games and large number of game consoles means that there will be at least one console that will die. Despite the fact that Microsoft retracted their policies, the fact of the matter is the damage was already done and Microsoft's PR committed corporate suicide, and they're in severe danger of being that console that does die. I gave them a chance with the 360 and I could never like it, but at least I could respect the system for what it was. But the XBOne, well, they tarnished themselves, and they will most likely never recover.

I'm not saying they'll end up the same way, but what Microsoft did this year is very similar to what Sega did back in the day with the Sega Saturn. And we all know that Sega, after the Dreamcast, stopped making consoles. In short, Microsoft is in a lot of danger right now. It would take nothing short of a miracle to get them out of this debacle combined with making one of the worst operating systems in recent memory.

That, and the price point is the same mistake that Sony made with the PS3. Being the most expensive system will not fare well for Microsoft, especially since Sony actually learned from their past mistakes.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 03:17:40 AM »
Haha, DRM reversed. I want to be mad at them but to be honest that's a significant win for me.

In the long run though considering everything i think i actually have a better chance of getting a playstation. Xbox has most definately redeemed its self and i don't have much against it now, but i'll go PS as soon as i get the chance to buy a console

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
I'm glad they at least tried to get their act together. But at the end of the day they're still 100 dollars more expensive and you still have to get the kinect. Neither of these things do I like.

Plus, PS plus is going to be cheaper than live, so there's that too.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »
And thinkingly more calmly to avoid being washed into the wave of gratitude, I shouldn't really trust a company acting that fishy.