April 21, 2018, 09:15:42 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The King Of Raiders! -TKOR- idea?^^  (Read 938 times)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
The King Of Raiders! -TKOR- idea?^^
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
I have an idea for like a competition thingy for all mangaka here on MR haha.
-First off, you don't actually win anything except the title TKOR  :ninja:
-Basically I'm envisioning-like a sort of Tournament function where Raiders can have fun competing against each other ^^
Only problem is that it won't really work with writers since it can't be really judged alongside illustrated works :thumbsdown:
And if we split it into an art and writers competition it wouldn't exactly be a manga tournament which escapes the main idea -_-
But when you think of it its actually a good opportunity for collabs to test their teamwork skills ;)
Of course because its free people aren't going to be that interested, but I see this as a thing for the more competitive folk ^^ and also for the determined people since this is good experience  :santa:

So whatcha' think MR?

And rules will basically be discussed by the community and decided with a pole perhaps ^^

Post Merge: April 08, 2013, 04:08:00 PM
Some more interesting ideas:

Each tourny could have its own subject, e.g we'd have a tourny where participants would draw their favorite manga from bakuman ^^ or have tourny's focused on different genre, e.g action, mystery, love, fantasy etc, though that could be well decided by a pole that indicates the dif' genre's ^^

Also the point system in my opinion could be a 10/10 for art and story hehe
And winner earns right to be called TKOR-sama xD pronounced Tee for T-shirt and and Core for maths core :D

It will be judged from a scale of 1 to 10 for both art and story, though collabs can split votes and be judged differently.
This is like a Tezuka Award but with no money involved TT_TT
Rules are as follows:
- Projects must be one-shots with a page limit from 45 to 60 pages.
- Works must be illustrated
- If your work is formatted as left to right or right to left please include the notice in your work
- Deadline is the 30th of December, but that just means it must be submitted by that date, if you miss the deadline you automatically lose, because by missing the deadline you are already inferior to the other competitors.

Judges cannot have a work in the competition, so if no one volunteers by december, I won't submit anything and will do the judging myself.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:53:05 AM by KagePen »

P4

Re: The King Of Raiders! -TKOR- idea?^^
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:09:10 PM by P4 »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »
Thank you for contribution P4-san !:biggrin:

That could be interesting, like if an artist and a writer pair up but they compete against each other :biggrin: Though since this is also for people who do both story and manga that would get a little complicated. That's where the point system comes in:
Art and Story will be judged from a scale of 1 to 10, so collabs can't really split votes since singles get ranked the same, though an idea would be that collabs that wish to split votes will be marked differently, the system would go like this:
Writers will be ranked for the detail they put into descriptions and the smoothness of their names and so on.
Artists will be marked for art quality and the way they pour out the world and characters of the writer onto the page.

Also I think its simpler if participants just do one big one-shot set to be submitted at a deadline and then judged after that, rather than having it a big tourny, I think I shouldn't have used the term tournament before, wasn't thinking straight hehe ^^

Post Merge: April 08, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
Also for times and so on, I think the TKOR should be held twice a year, one during summer vacation and one during end year holidays, this should at least keep school and college goer's happy.

I'm aiming for around 3~4 month duration for each competition, 1st month for preparation, 2nd month for doing manga and 3rd month for judging. Its quite dense and short compared to what you have probably done before  and since its about one-shot's the page limit is 45-60 pages. And if you're a mad man like me you can do two projects, though you can only have one collab and one single.

Quite tough hey? But if you think you're pro then this should be a piece of cake haha, and if you're a noob then you should get ready to work your ass off, cuz' thats what its gonna take -_o
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:34:16 PM by KagePen »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
This is the last update in this topic and I'll summarize it all here.

I'm going to open a new topic for the competition in GM or somewhere else on the forum, it will be for registration and I'll put up a pole for 'Good Idea' or 'Bad Idea'.
Yosh! The competition will be in the end of year holidays (christmas holidays, etc.). So if ya wanna do it then you have a massive amount of time to prepare, so there's no excuses.
Like I said, the prize is a title and this is basically contest for raiders to try and prove who's better at manga(lol)
It will be judged from a scale of 1 to 10 for both art and story, though collabs can split votes and be judged differently.
This is like a Tezuka Award but with no money involved TT_TT
Rules are as follows:
- Projects must be one-shots with a page limit from 45 to 60 pages.
- Works must be illustrated
- If your work is formatted as left to right or right to left please include the notice in your work
- Deadline is the 30th of December, but that just means it must be submitted by that date, if you miss the deadline you automatically lose, because by missing the deadline you are already inferior to the other competitors.

Judges cannot have a work in the competition, so if no one volunteers by december, I won't submit anything and will do the judging myself.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:43:37 PM »
Seems interesting. It would be nice to try a heavy project like this. But it seems like it'll need a lot of commitment, i'll keep it on the back of my head for now.

Offline FlossAndChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
 I am interested in participating, and would like to make it easier for other people to find the information about the contest. I have a couple suggestions:
-Would it be possible for you to edit your first post so the rules are easier to find?
-Please put  links to all contest related topics, in all the contest posts. I have seen three different topics about this one contest. This is a bit confusing. I think it would help greatly if people could navigate to these different topics easily.

P4

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:56:43 PM by P4 »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »
Thanx for the suggestions I'll see what I can do ^^
Works won't be printed so I don't know if that'll work