May 25, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: For Senior Members  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
For Senior Members
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:34:13 AM »
 :read:

Hmm I was checking the whole forum today and noticed somethings things happening the way those shouldn't happen. One of those things is the difference between senior members (Anyone who's been here for couple of months) and New members. Senior members  should know / must know the forum rules and the core reason why we started MR forums. New members might have no idea about this so older members who be patient with them and teach them who we are.

Our vision is creating a community with  friendly atmosphere for everyone who love to read, draw or write Manga / Comic stories.

Older member must know this and New members have to learn this. Older members have the responsibility of teaching this helping new members.

Not all new members might know how to behave in a forum. But old members should know because you are already part of MangaRaiders community. New members might act aggressively or do silly things or spam thinking they can get away. But they will comply with our rules and guide lines when they realize  those.   Old members should let them know what they can do and can't do.

Be Nice and Friendly with new members. Tell them nicely if they break rules or point to right direction.

Report Spam Admins will deal with it. But you can also point them to our rules and guidelines section.

Newbie Artist/Writer requests  can be silly or arrogant. Point them the sticky post at top or just ignore this kind of topics. Let them to understand why nobody respond. Most of newbies smart enough to learn from their mistake.

Everyone make mistakes. Give newbies a chance to correct their mistakes and become a part of us.

Welcome new members when they post in Welcome center.  Make them feel home here.

Make the word a better place .. At least for Manga freaks !  :cheers:

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
Re: For Senior Members
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »
Hehe I think you might be referring to me   :-\

But I promise to do what you say and I will behave professionally   :biggrin:

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
Did you something like that too ? Well I haven't found it yet  xDD

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
I see what you're getting at, we got into a discussion which I think should not have taken place. I just thought they deserved an answer as to why their topic was moved, but it got out of hand quickly.

Sorry Hasith!
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
Umm Im not sure what you guys are talking about. Something happened ?  :blinkAdmin:

I was mainly talking about things went with few new members did with artist requests and how other members react about it.

I think I need to find out this other thing.  :glare:

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
Oh, hehe. We had an argument with a couple of members as to where their post belonged. It's no biggie, we fixed it and we're all friends <3
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
*sweeps it under the rug before hasith can catch on

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
*runs for the door* :run:

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:03:00 AM »
Ah yeah that post about Japan. I usually don't post explanations because that kinda waste of time and add the topic more off topic things. If I delete or move a topic/post that's because Somethings wrong or against our rules.  Usually that kind of topics end up becoming chit chat topics which I really not big fan off.

There are too many often topic stuff in that post. There are 3 pages about the that incident alone. I didn't do anything when Coryn'd moved it Nipon board because thought to give it another chance. But in Basic if you guys want a topic to be in anywhere else but PUB then keep it out of off topic chat. Don't do it and also don't let others to do it. It would be a shame if I have to move a topic with good posts to PUB with Admin lock (it means none expect admins can move or post in those topics)

Also guys post count means nothing. If you noticed you lost big chunk of posts when I moved to PUB. What does that really mean ?

I'll  keep this topic to talk about rule and refresh everyones memory.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
 :angel:  heh...heh... *hides*
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
In my opinion, arguments help members to learn more about eachother and their opinions and values, though things shouldn't go as far as to getting too personal.

Also, post count is just me being competitive and I also have my reasons and beliefs for wanting build up a certain amount of posts :smile:

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 01:43:09 AM »
lol I know everyone has it. Everyone want to reach 500 post mark. But usually after that people loose interest in post count. Problem you get when you have most of posts in same thread is what happens to your post count if the thread's moved or deleted. Specially if these topics are in Break room which is not directly related to Drawings or writing and Discussion threads tend to end up in PUB when those get really long. So it's better spread those posts specially into Manga Artist and Writer sections :)

There is another thing I have notice. New members don't read Sticky rules topics in each board. This waste both their and our time. Because we have to move or delete posts.  I hope regular members point these things to new members.

for ex :  Members Manga  and Manga Creations sections are for Completed comics and stories.

Members Manga board - Completed Manga / Comics. Only finished comic strips not for unfinished drawings.

Manga Creations board - Completed Stories.

I have seen many post wrong stuff in these sections. Also These boards are not for Advertising outside sites or profiles. These board are for our members to post their Manga / Stories, NOT Links to other pages.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
Also gets annoying when newbie members start posting links to places like their facebook page, youtube channel and so on :thumbsdown: They don't understand that we are a community, not an advertisement trashcan >.>

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
It may be annoying when newbies do mistakes but everyone can learn if guided. It doesn't take long to post them the url to the forum rules.
Just give them a chance to discover our forum and become a good member.

All senior members were long ago newbies who were happy to learn from their mistakes.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
Well I've only been here for 2 months lol :D Doe's that mark as a newbie or just a newbie senior haha :biggrin: