April 18, 2024, 06:36:31 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: What music do you listen to while you write?  (Read 27988 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: What music do you listen to while you write?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
Ah! You meant contemporary pop jazz. When I said I was raised on contemporary jazz, I meant Brad Mehldau and Pat Metheny and the others who are more in the tradition of Miles Davis and John Coltrane. But Jill Scott and Michael Buble, while not my cup of tea, are still very competent musicians, and I respect them as musicians, even though I don't regularly listen to them. You might try Esperanza Spalding as both contemporary "post-bop" jazz and contemporary pop jazz. But, enough off-topic convo. haha

Offline joymov

• Joyous Of Mov's
  • Thinking is so mainstream, that's why i dream.
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
so, i was drawing a character and all of a sudden Marilyn Manson's remake of "this is Halloween" comes on, and before i know it my character looks like a Tim Burton reject,  so i was wondering, what kind of music inspires you?
Dreaming in vivid color.

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 03:19:33 AM »
im listening for what ever im in mood to listen at...

but mostly it's jack of jill's songs   :dance:

like this wonderful song  :sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtlupYnci8

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ainĀ“t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:58 AM »
The music I listen varies greatly and is directly influenced by the type of scene I'm writing. Generally, though, I'll listen either to Christian Rap (primarily Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Flame, J'Son, Thi'sl, etc.), Christian Rock (Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, etc.) or instrumentals of soundtracks or specific songs.

Where it gets crazy is when I start writing extensive scenes. For chase scenes, I love using chase themes from various video games or anime (like FFVII: AC Highway Chase Theme and Assassin's Creed Chase Theme). For action scenes, I like listening to anything hard-hitting, like what was listed above, or soundtracks (like The Raid: Redemption soundtrack and Saints Row 3 Soundtrack). It primarily stays around several specific genres: Christian Rap, Christian Rock, Hip Hop and Rock instrumentals, Covers/Remixes, Soundtracks, Dubstep, and ambiance on occasion.

Recently, with a story I'm writing elsewhere, I've been using a lot of NFS game instrumentals and Initial D's soundtrack and instrumentals, because the story is a street racing story. Like I said, it's based on what I'm writing.

As for typing on the forum like what I'm doing now, Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix (both YouTube artists) are usually in the background. Either that, or Metroid Metal.

Offline Darksquirrel

• Mine is the fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »
I've got random playlists on youtube, most comprising of rock. Three days grace, Skillet, MCR, Thirty seconds to Mars and Red hot Chilli peppers have to be some of my favourites. If I fancy a change I usually listen to They Might Be Giants, which most people find unusual for a boy of thirteen.
Light novel guildsmen, Click here

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »
I listen mostly through video game music such as Mega Man X and Metal Gear when I write as my story is about samurais and soldiers.

Offline JellyMan

• Aspiring Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 03:39:51 AM »
I listen mostly through video game music such as Mega Man X and Metal Gear when I write as my story is about samurais and soldiers.

This guy right here.

I love listening to some Armored Armadillo, Storm Eagle and Spark Mandrill.  They're especially good when I'm doing an energetic chapter.  As for Metal Gear, I'm almost always humming the theme song XD

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
I usually listen to what I feel like at that moment, and whatever I'm writing will get the mood of that music. Not the best approach usually, but it works.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »

This guy right here.

I love listening to some Armored Armadillo, Storm Eagle and Spark Mandrill.  They're especially good when I'm doing an energetic chapter.  As for Metal Gear, I'm almost always humming the theme song XD

Actually, 7 of the soldiers from my story are named after the Mavericks of the first Mega Man X game. Cool huh?

Post Merge: April 06, 2013, 11:07:14 PM
Also Zero from the X series, I have lot of moves for the samurai protagonists that are very much like Zero's Learning Moves such as Ryuenjin and Rakigenji with their Genso No (Japanese for elemental). I consider Zero to be very samurai-like which why he's one of my favorite video game characters.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:07:14 PM by SwordHero16 »

Offline Keilanify

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »
Movie and Game soundtracks! Here are some I listen to:

Steamboy, Star Wars, Spider-man (elfman and randolph), MGS4, Epic Mickey, The last Samurai, Two steps from hell, How to train your dragon.

Very well done music from these sources!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
I really should watch Steamboy

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
I've been digging orchestral music while I write as well. Some of it is soundtrack; some of it is classical. In particular, this piece has been my muse music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMFgIBRK7I

Offline Keilanify

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAhgSresM8

This is one of my personal faves  8)

Just imagine walking through a high school or college campus with this in the background (Beginning and end especially, middle could be for running late)

Offline ChaosDecides

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »
I try and listen to something that reflects the mood I'm creating but I usually am just listening to whatever I'm into currently.

Offline WatcherOfSky

• The author who hates writing.
  • Don't Panic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 04:11:27 AM »
I listen mostly to electronic music, as most of it is in synch with the stuff I am usually writing about (which tends to be morbid and tragic). As for for which kinds, perhaps trance and drum & bass stuff. The artists I listen to the most are Sigmao, Monstercat (in general), and several other things I randomly find on the internet...

That doesn't mean I don't listen to other kinds of music, because I love listening to Gorillaz while writing, or Depeche Mode. Some of their songs just have so much emotion in them that they make me cry. :')
Am I here?