October 19, 2018, 10:07:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Bangkok Nights  (Read 3096 times)

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Bangkok Nights
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:10:29 PM »
This is the story Rosh and I are working on. I know he's waiting on a tablet to really get into it, but I know he's done some layout.

This is what I've gotten together so far. I'll leave Rosh to post anything artistic.

Bios-

Orochi Hisakawa

Sumiyoshi-kai Family

Lean build, smoker. Quiet and not very ambitious, Orochi is useful for his sharp mind and sharper tongue,
always realizing when it is the proper time to speak, and just what to say. For this reason he often serves as
an ambassador for the family. This, along with his familiarity with the ambassador being sent by the triad, is
why he was selected.

Orochi started as a runner for the family when he was an orphan living on the streets. Helping to pass
information along and serving as a lookout eventually helped him officially earn a place inside the family.

Meilin Yuen

Shí L?oh? Triad 

A woman with piercing eyes and a long black ponytail, Meilin isn’t the usual image of a triad member. Originally
recruited to spy on a rival gang by working in a front business owned by said rival, she threw herself into the
cogs of the process, ensuring that she took the lion’s share of the credit when it came time to overtake the
rivals.

Her gambit having paid off, she became a full time spy for the Shi Laohu, using her unassuming personality to
maneuver through temperamental situations. This natural talent eventually raised her status to that of liaison,
which in turn gave her a mastery of knowledge about gang politics.

Both Orochi and Meilin grew up orphaned on the streets of Bangkok. The two met after becoming child laborers in a clothing factory, and relied on each other, along with the other children, to try and make existence manageable. In their mid teens the two went their separate ways, ending up in their respective organized crime syndicates. Not finding out till years later that the other was participating in a similar line of work.

To their advantage the Shi Laohu and the Sumiyoshi-kai had a stance of neutrality towards each other, leaving them neither rivals nor allies. As a result Meilin and Orochi continued their acquaintanceship, sharing a relationship of professional respect for each other. And being aware of this, the two groups sent these two to broker an alliance in order to eradicate the long standing Khu P????c gang.

BANGKOK NIGHTS

Scene starts with Orochi riding in the back of a tuk tuk, smoking a cigarette as the taxi speeds through the neon lit streets. Over the roofs of the bars you can see the spires of temples rising in the distance, and beyond those skyscrapers piercing the sky.

Orochi - They should have gotten someone else for this job.

We now see that crammed in next to Orochi is a very large man, his shoulders brought in tightly and his whole
body hunched over. With a large scare on his chin and pompadour hair he looks like a relic of the 80’s. Though
in reality, he’s only a few years older than Orochi at 35. He simply enjoys living up to the stereotype. This is
Iwao.

Iwao - I thought you were supposed to be on good terms with the liaison.

Orochi - That’s exactly my point. If the Khus are expecting anyone, it’ll be us.

The tuk tuk turns a corner and heads down a dark alley, approaching a warehouse district ahead that
supplied the bars.

Iwao - The Khu P????c Gang shouldn’t even know we’re meeting with Shí L?oh?. We haven’t given them any
reason to think so.

Orochi – Being the biggest syndicate in the city, I imagine they’re always looking out for the lesser gangs to
try something.

Iwao – Maybe.

Finally the taxi pulls off to the side of the abandoned street, directly across from a small warehouse which
has the image of a cartoon clam and the words: Golden Oyster, printed across it. (But of course in Thai, so it
would look like: ???????????) Orochi hops out and looks back at Iwao, who has stayed put in the cab.

Orochi – Well let’s get this over with.

Iwao – I’ll be back here in fifteen minutes. Make it quick.

The taxi pulls away and Orochi starts across the street, taking in the last of his cigarette.

Orochi – Wonder if she’s lightened up a little bit.

Orochi snuffs out the cigarette butt with his shoe and pulls open the warehouse’s metal door. Ducking
beneath he lets the door slide back shut and finds himself in a room full of crates and a flatbed truck. Sitting
across the room however is Meilin. She sits cross legged on a tall crate, a bottle of sake at her side as she
ships from a small cup.

Meilin – Welcome loser. Not dead yet I see.

Orochi – Guess that’s a no.

Meilin pours some more sake into the cup and holds it out to Orochi.

Meilin – Want some? I thought you Japanese liked drinking over things like this.

Orochi – Maybe later. The sooner we’re done here the better.

Smiling, Meilin hops off the crate.

Meilin – Have it your way.

She walks up to Orochi. Speaking as she goes.

Meilin – This verbal agreement will stand as an official treaty between the Shí L?oh? Triad, and the Bangkok
Group of the Sumiyoshi-kai Family. To this effect, these two will work together in order to bring down the
native Khu P????c Gang.

Orochi takes over the stating of the treaty.

Orochi – Once this stated goal has been accomplished, any and all conquered territory shall be split equally
between the two groups by area. In the event of an oddity, disputed territory will be determined with a game
of chess. If either signer of this treaty attempts to break the agreement, the other party has permission to
wage no less than total war against the offender.

Meilin – I, Meilin Yuen, speaking for the Shí L?oh? Triad, accepts the terms of the contract.

Orochi – Hisakawa Orochi, representing the Sumiyoshi-kai Family, also accepts.

The two reach out, and clasps their hands together in a firm handshake. Orochi utters:

Orochi – I think I could go for that drink now. My Bro will be-

Orochi cuts himself off as there is a crash like shattering glass outside. Both of them look of to the wall to
their side, just before the thin metal is turned to Swiss cheese by a hail of gun fire. Darting out of the way and
beyond the flatbed, they slam their backs against its tires and yell over the guns.

Orochi – CALLED IT!

Meilin – THIS IS NO TIME FOR BOASTING! YOU HAVE A GUN ON YOU RIGHT?!

Orochi – DO YOU REALLY THINK WE’RE SHOOTING OUR WAY OUT OF HERE?!

Meilin has already pulled out a large, silver handgun.

Meilin – HAVE A BETTER IDEA?!

Orochi – JUST THE ONE!

Orochi reaches up and throws open the truck door. Prying out some wires, he quickly hotwires the truck
while keeping his head down. Pulling his head back out he yells to Meilin.

Orochi – HOLD ON TO THE BACK!

Without waiting to confirm if she had time to act, Orochi pulls as much of himself onto the floor of the
driver’s side and slams his palm against the gas pedal and sends the truck speeding off towards the
warehouse door. The truck flies across the street and the popped tires catch against the pavement. Both
Orochi and Meilin are thrown from the vehicle and slide into opposing building. The truck is still sliding towards
them however and they duck into a narrow alley way. A moment later the truck hits the buildings as well, jamming the entrance to the alley. Turning back Meilin fires a shot into the gas tank, sending up the truck into a ball of flame and further disrupting their assailant’s pursuit. Both Orochi and Meilin find themselves in the
cross section between two alleys. As Meilin replaces her pistol under her jacket, Orochi lights himself a
cigarette and glances down the three possible exits.

Orochi – Well that was a blast. We on the same page here?

Meilin – The Khus kill the representatives, make it look like things went sour and that each side tried to take
the other out. Paranoia ensues, Triad and Yakuza both loose.

Orochi – So all we have to do-

Meilin – Is make it to one side or the other and assure them it isn’t true.

Exhaling a long stream of smoke Orochi looks up at the sky, trying to imagine the stars that should be
there.

Orochi – It’s gonna be a long night.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Bangkok Nights
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Oh man, just when i'm in the Jormungand and Black Lagoon mood. Looks like we'll be in for a ride. Interesting choice of a setting, and i'm liking the characters already!

you wrote 'ships' instead of 'sips' though so watch out for that.

Also, it seems you were writing bona fide thai? Coz the forum can't seem to translate it. Pity.

Looking forward to this thing drawn out! How many pages are you guys going to do?

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
well the hope is that we can get as close to the max as possible. Rosh might be able to give a good number though.

as for the thai, i wouldn't say writing in, as much as google translating.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »
Looks good !

Does Rosh has any experience drawing using pen tablets ? Because it take bit of time to get used to it. there are only 2 months left.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »
I don't think so. But if he want's to pursue it with the tablet, I believe in him to be able to perform with it.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:14:52 AM »
Tell him to do it with what he is comfortable with. Doesn't has to be digital. Just might need someone to help him with lineart.

Offline Roshon21

• I will obey your every command. ._.
  • "If I am a "Robot," do I eat metal."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
Ok I will progress posting the pics as I continue the comic these are definite drafts of the characters
Basically the pages already need reviewing so I should be done by next week with that ._.)

Orochi and Meilin

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
*hugs roshon*

you're awesome man.

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »
*jealous!!

Real nice drawings! I like Meilin's serious look it really fits her

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »
woah! your manga's gna be sick! cant wait to see it when its completed :D
well good luck with it :thumbsup:

Offline Roshon21

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
Well sadly ima have to do the comic in ink which in the fact is no problemo but
Really time consuming and thats the biggest flaw I have as an artist is being patient.
Well I would like to post the first 5 pg sketched out
Just if its ok with you coryn ......just to see if anything went wrong  :sure:

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 02:25:08 AM »
I trust you man. But go ahead.

Offline Chelleka

• Aspiring Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »
Really nice Rosh! Can't wait to see some pages! And inking traditionally is time consuming---but you learn to love it. :)

good luck.

Offline Roshon21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
OKe-Dokie^.^
Sorry for the wait ive been very busy the past few days but since ive already scanned these days ago here they are...... :santa:
Left to Right------>
PG1:

PG2:

PG3:

PG4:

PG5:

PG6:

Kay there is six of them..... :-\ well hope you lik and point out any mistakes you see incorrect and if fine then fine..... :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:57:36 AM by Roshon21 »

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
oh man. I only got to fly by them but gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

really can't wait to get a closer look. need to jet to class though.