February 26, 2020, 11:35:03 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 75074 times)

Offline suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #825 on: February 24, 2020, 02:45:40 PM »
Come to think of it I could use more gigantic grid like canvases to help me work on regimens more reliably.
Why do you think I jumped on it the moment I figured it out haha
My largest WIP page is 6x8 (closest thing to a low round number that's squarish) and my regimes these days are 10x10 for a neat 100. Saving counting is just a bonus :)
It is 100% an awesome method. You can set more reliable output goals such as do 2 rows of sketches a day or something.
Heck I could make the photoshop psds in advance and dump them in a folder.
Wayyyy ahead of you lol
Also you have photoshop? boooooo!!! >_<
It's a huge time saver to have the grids predrawn. needless to say I also have my own homemade grid generator :P
So this is what factory-bulk work flows are like.
Welcome to the club XD
Although grid or no grid you were pretty much there already.

Only a couple of days since your last post and another 150 in the bag? awesome.
They look fabulous with and without the grid showing, but I think I prefer the grid not showing for some reason. Maybe because all the figures seem to merge into one giant illustration.

Looks like I've got to pull my socks up even higher :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:47:28 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 25, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »
Oh gawd the last thing I wanted was to inspire you to leave me in the dust even more haha. (You're welcome.)

And you know this is the sort of thing you only believe when you do it haha. Damn I accidentally finished another 100 in a day. Definitely need to go to 2 rows or something per day to conserve energy, but it's definitely a plus. The blank canvas can drain my energy - the grids help a lot. I'll see if I can prepare room for the other regimens.

4,597/10,000
Spoiler

Offline suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: Today at 05:14:33 AM »
That's awesome. I find with the grid, you will try and fill it in, so if you've got a few spaces left, you can push yourself.
Although I am a big fan of doing hella loads, doing a regular amount without fail every day is a very reliable way of completing tasks.
And you can easily control and adjust your output, if 2 rows is too much then drop it to 1, or if you think it's too easy then push it to 4. I also adjust the number of columns so I do more each row, so keeping to 2 rows but now there's more sketches in each row.

It's fun to see all the figures, especially the special ones that are super different from the rest, like more dynamic and stuff.
Something that I suffered from by being too diverse with my poses was that not many are "normal" poses that would look good for an illustration, but yours, while being more similar and mostly standing, are probably the poses that you will use more often, so it's good to get them top notch.

And haha yeah I always think I'm performing at my maximum but then I see I can do more here or there XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!