March 29, 2024, 01:54:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Some Old Sketches  (Read 3392 times)

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
  • Fortune favors the Bold
    • View Profile
Some Old Sketches
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
So basically I wasnt always into Manga and Anime as such bar watching Pokémon and digimon [Dubbed] as a kid. Hell I didnt even know what type of animation it was. Though I drew some of the pokémon and digimon anyway.

I was always a copy cat artist if you get my drift. Though I've a very active imagination I couldnt get it to work when I wanted it to. So after a lot of practice writing it finally started to work. As for my artistic side, well my imagination in that area is a work in progress and getting better. Being honest I just don't have a lot of time to draw or write these days due to working like crazy so I can leave this bloody country by Next year.

Anyway here is a Few Sketches.

PS: I don't have a scanner so had to take pictures of them with my fone. The sketches were mostly done with a Pen and all were free hand naturally.

This was a prototype Cover for the book I'm writing, I didn't get around to adding in background or anything as I did it when I attended college.

I dub this 'Le Boredom'.

First ever attempt at a manga style face from sheer memory. Such detail hahaha :clapping:

First attempt at a full face from nothing but my imagination >.<

The following artwork is prototypes for characters in a Metamorphosis form from the same Book as the Pic I mentioned above.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am pretty good at shading and stuff and anatomy and all that but these are the only ones I had at hand and I did promise something ha
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:21:56 PM by abraxus89 »
"He who knows that enough is enough, will always have enough." - Lao-Tze

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
Re: Some Old Sketches
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
Bear with me, pics didnt post up. Brb.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:22:35 PM by abraxus89 »

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
All sorted, had a wee mix up with images and sizes lol

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
Hm wish i could study them closer. So what is this story about?

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »
Just Click on the photo's man, they'll resize then.

The story behind the artwork is based off of a Lucid Dream I had. It was totally random, yet I felt pain, anger and blood lust. It was one of the most real Dreams I had in Years and after taht My lucid dreaming went on a frenzy, still is as a matter of fact.

here's the dream I had:

January 1st 2010:

I was running as fast as I could and soon left my two persuers behind me with reletive ease. I was running through some thick bramble and over grown bushes and tree's, when i suddenly came across what appeared to be an old abbey. I smashed open the two front doors of the abbey as if they werent there at all. I quickly looked around noticing that this abbey was indeed quite old,dating back to the middle ages was my guess. I spotted a dark corner at the very back of the abbey just off the small alter. I ran quickly through the rows of seating and leaped into the hiding place. With a thunderous roar my two persuers came bashing through the doors as I did not only 2 minutes ago. One of the persuers a tall man with dark hair was wielding a handgun and a torch,the other man was smaller but broader in stature. His hair was jet black and he too wielded a torch but held in his other hand was a piece of long wood pointed at one end,it appeared to be a wooden stake. As the two men began to search the abbey inch by inch they were getting closer and closer to me,then they seen me,they were a good ten to twelve foot away from me now and I seen the man brandish his gun and point it at me,so I ran as fast i possibly could. As I ran I could feel a burning sensation inside me,it felt like nothing I had experienced before. I leaped into the air but things got abit fuzzy as if i was falling asleep.

When I came too I was lay on the floor of the abbey infront of the alter, I was getting flash backs of me flying in mid air circling the two men that had followed me,..to kill me,then I remember lunging for the two men with such rage,..such over whelming rage

This is the Novel version of the dream I had, its more or less the same as the dream I had bar:
When I came too I was lay on the floor of the abbey infront of the alter, I was getting flash backs of me
This i added in for the sake of the story.

PS this is the extracted from the Novel.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »
Ah, dream inspiration huh. That's always the best. How many pages have you written so far?

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
Yup, I trained myself to write down dreams the minute I come out of it. Most of the time im not even awake but manage to write it down. After that the dream is ingrained in my mind lol. Weird how it works.

Well Ive basically written the whole book through, Honestly |I dont have a clue how many pages are in it.
I didnt liek the way it went so I wrote it again and changed some parts. After that I found myself rewriting it completely 4 times. That didnt get anywhere so I left it for awhile and started reading books again. Not long after I started writing again. This time its a keeper. When Im happy Ill post up the first 2 Chapters for everyone to read.

The story is based around Vampries incase you hadnt noticed. The dream caught me off guard as I hadnt watched, read or even thought about Vampires at all. Nor did I do anything in life that would or could somehow translate into a vampire dream. It was weird.

Offline jp89

• Designer / Artist
  • I often disappear for weeks. MONTHS EVEN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »
Writing in your sleep...man, you've got us all beat. ;-)

I'd be lucky to even be able to focus enough to grasp a pencil while sleeping, much less write a coherent story.
Check out my deviantART page!

I like to flatter, so if you actually want an honest critique you'll have to ask.

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
Well im not fully asleep. Im half awake. Conscious enough to write down the details of my dream but sleepy enough to fall back into a coma lol. It takes a lot of effort though!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »
I saw the word prototype and a guy with a hood and thought... PROTOTYPE!!!! *slash! jump! kill zombies!!!!!!*

anywho... you do bodies pretty good. i liked the wings.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline jp89

• Designer / Artist
  • I often disappear for weeks. MONTHS EVEN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
Well im not fully asleep. Im half awake. Conscious enough to write down the details of my dream but sleepy enough to fall back into a coma lol. It takes a lot of effort though!
That sounds a little more likely. ;-)
Check out my deviantART page!

I like to flatter, so if you actually want an honest critique you'll have to ask.

Offline abraxus89

• Creativity Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:30 AM »
I saw the word prototype and a guy with a hood and thought... PROTOTYPE!!!! *slash! jump! kill zombies!!!!!!*

anywho... you do bodies pretty good. i liked the wings.
Why thank you. Well practice makes perfect. I do a lot of weight training so fairly familiar with muscle formation. I've a hell of a lot to learn to draw some decent Manga but I'll get there. i love drawing after all!

That sounds a little more likely. ;-)

Haha yes. My dreams are quite taxing though. I mean my lucid dreams leave me completely restless when i wake up. When im restless im one grumpy mofo lol! :glare: :biggrin: