October 16, 2018, 12:28:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: w00t 1337 5|<11|z0rz 0v |2167130u5 P00|\|463  (Read 2402 times)

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: w00t 1337 5|<11|z0rz 0v |2167130u5 P00|\|463
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »
is cheezburger seriously 10+ years old? man the years are telling on me.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 09:23:07 PM »
This is probably the most random topic in MR history...

And yes, Mahlua, righteous skills you have indeed. However, you seem to lack proper gravedigger etiquette. Do not worry, though. As President, Prime Minister, Elder Statesman, Chief Financial Officer, and Community relations manager of the National Gravediggers Association, I shall enlighten you on proper Gravedigger practices.

Ahem...

*Whips out a dusty rule book*

A Gravedigger should only dig up old topics if they meet the following criteria:

1.) The poster who originally made the topic is still around

2.) The topic is of the Gravedigger's own creation

3.) The topic or thread still holds relevance to the current state of the forum, and thus can be discussed and carried on by the general public. E.g. Workshops, discussion topics, collaboration, etc.

A Gravedigger should never dig up old topics in the act of boredom, for it goes against the Gravedigger's code of honor. A Gravedigger and his/her shovel has a purpose, and that purpose is to shed light on important things that were once forgotten, and bring them to forefront of public knowledge.

If you have any questions regarding Gravedigging policies, then please visit www.NationalGravediggersAssociation.com and click on the "About" tab to learn more about the NGA and it's rules and history.
Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »
Yo that's gravedigger etiquette and I already said I necromancy'd this. Very different rulebooks, I think.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference, though, to make things a little better on everyone else.

If I had to make an argument for relevance, memes originated with things like I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER. They, along with atrocious shock sites, were the foundation upon which we now have the concept of meme. 1337 and its descendants paved way for a dialect of English found on the internet, which has begun to make its way into spoken vernacular. That is true even of I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER--which was novel at its time but to us now appears as "common internet English". There is a lot worth studying about the phenomenon. Despite the fact that the internet appears to have changed tremendously in landscape over the years, it is still possible to find its roots and to understand how it has become as it is.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »
Fair points. It is foolish of me to think that Gravedigging and unlawful necromancy can cohesively exist under the same umbrella. I had hope to convert you to the more righteous side of the dark arts, but it seems Gravediggers and necromancers are destined to be sworn enemies.

Also, I had no idea that this was based on a meme, and I have no idea what this meme even means to begin with. And just when I thought I was beginning to understand the internet...   
Messatsu...

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 06:33:36 AM »
@fro those rules need to be added to the MR rules NOW!

@mahlua just as with art, you can justify anything if you try hard enough :P