April 20, 2019, 02:21:48 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Day Of 1,000 Styles  (Read 45621 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: The Day Of 1,000 Styles
« Reply #765 on: March 27, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
very nice, very suspenseful :)
this needs a manga. it would be fantastic :P
typical anime bad guy groups (or even good guy groups for that matter) naming conventions usually have one or two who break the mold anyway. Just whatever sounds good works.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 27, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »
Don't tempt me suuper haha

And Coryn oh I'll be looking for that chapter. I might've thrown too many curve balls, but now that I think of it DOTs has always been like that.

Hahaha Orf Lanemon. Jeez that does work as a fantasy name

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 30, 2019, 05:29:37 AM »
well I'm very nearly tempted myself haha
I only read this occasionally so I really need to catch up with how the story even began. That and the rest of the Canon T_T

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 30, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »
Well conveniently, there is a lovely table of contents in the first post of this topic. Which is fun because it's my post but Lego has been it's primary curator, because mod powers.

Honestly I just need a solid out to bang this thing out. But as it is I have been yet to get that. However, I am looking at getting some regular car maintenance next Saturday, so that will be a prime time to get it done.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2019, 10:46:13 AM »
lovely jubbly!
this should be mandatory listening for new members.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 06, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »
Nothing like sitting at the dealership and writing whole chapters in single sittings. Enjoy!

(Edit: They keep the TV's in this waiting room way too loud for writing. I apologise for the many spelling errors and weird sentences. I got some cheaply produced educational television programming blasting into my ears)

Style 57

"Okay, here is what's happening..."
        It's what Pub-tan had said, but she quickly realized that being so open with the truth in such a crowded space maybe wasn't the best idea. Instead, she settled back onto her couch, and silently invited Coryn to sit across from her. As they relaxed, a tray with drinks arrived, and both picked a beverage from the tray before the server headed off again. Pub-tan took a sip, and fell into the battle-speak that MR's warriors had perfected over years of practice. "Coryn, it's good to see you again. I feel like I just saw you a few months ago. (I've been here two months).
        Coryn sniffed his drink as he processed the tan's answer. Her sudden change of tone tipped him off to what was going on, so he followed along. "I know how you feel, I feel like it was just yesterday (I literally saw you yesterday). Time sure flies doesn't it? (Time has gone a bit wiggity on us). But what can you do? (I swear it's not my fault this time)."
        Pub-tan nodded. "So what brings you to my humble establishment? (How did you find me?)
        "We were in the neighborhood (It was an accident. I didn't know you were here).
        "Oh? Who's we? Why haven't you introduced us yet? (Who else is here? Where are they?)" Asked Pub.
        Coryn chuckled. "Haha. Oh they're around here somewhere I'm sure. Probably arguing about who has the better hair (Fro and Lego, but I've lost track of them).
        Pub-tan sighed. "That sure does sound like them (Of course they're lost).
        Coryn leaned in. "So what have you been up to since moving in here? (What's happened in the last two months?)"
         "Well, I've been a bit sick, not feeling myself, so I had to take a little while to quarantine myself. But I got a lot of reading done, so it wasn't all a waste. Although to be honest, I still spend a lot of time resting up in private. (I've imprisoned my nega-self in the upstairs apartment. Interrogation has been mostly successful, but she's still holding out on me some).
        This got a laugh out of Coryn. "I apologise, I don't mean to laugh at you, but I bet you're cute when you're sick (good job!). But i have to ask, and not to change the subject, but did you see the girl who brought me here? I want to thank her for this reunion (I followed a weird girl I here. I really need to talk to her).
        Pub relaxed in her seat and nodded over Coryn's left shoulder. The scientist turned casually, and caught sight of the very person he had been looking for. She was standing in the corner of the pub, sipping on a purple drink. Coryn couldn't see the remote, but he could tell she was looking at him. Although she still wore her hood, Coryn picked up on a distinguishing feature that he hadn't noticed until now. Her hood was disturbed in two spots. He didn't understand at first, but the truth soon dawned on Coryn.
         Horns.
        At least, what was left of them.
        "'Nahca', I presume?" Said Coryn.
        Pub-tan nodded. "She's different than the last time you met her (She's not the one you know). She works for me now. We just came into an agreement (Nega-Achan and regular-myself have a cause in common).
        Coryn drained his drink, and set it onto the table. "Can we talk in private? We have a lot to discuss?"
        Pub-tan motioned at her guards and at Nahca, who started making her way over to them. "I think I can arrange something. Follow me."

Lego had seen better days. Better days that didn't involve getting into fights with his evil clone.
        Ah well. At least he was loosing to a worthy opponent.
        Ogel was in the air above him. White-gold flames wrapped his body, and great burning horns we're protruding from his forehead. When Lego had died before, he had made great use of his angel-metal halo. The raider did not know what had transpired in Ogel's life, but he surmised he had proved similarly adept at escaping death.
        "I suppose this is it for you you crappy copy!"
        Lego's voice was craggy, but he wasn't going to go out without one last dig. "Look who's talking, you bastard..."
        Ogel swung, Lego braced himself, the firery attack filled his vision. It was all over.
        And then suddenly it wasn't.
        The attack still landed, but Lego was jerked away as something wrapped around his body. They felt like tentacles. Cold, metallic, undulating. As uncomfortable as they were, Lego could not doubt they had saved his live. But for now he was blinded by the light of the explosion. Yet he could still hear, and the voices were familiar to him.
        "Ogel you damn fool! Our orders were to capture them! Not to kill! What do you think the General would have done to you if he died?!"
        "Piss off Nyroc! If he died it would just mean he wasn't a real copy of me at all!"
        "Oh get over yourself. Check your communicator. We have new orders."
        Lego's eyes were readjusting now. Sure enough, Ogel and Nyroc were there. Sure enough, he was wrapped in metal tentacles. What he hadn't expected was for those tentacles to be connected to Nyroc's right arm. In fact, the more he looked at it, they were his right arm. It split into over a dozen individual tentacles at his elbow, which then wrapped around Lego's body and limbs. He wasn't sure where all of the material was coming from, but all the same, Lego found himself completely trapped. Even if he were free, he suspected he wouldn't be able to affect an escape.
        Might as well go along for the ride. After all, it might be useful to have a man on the inside.
        The nega-mods shot off towards MR Tower without another word. Lego had no choice but to accompany them, so resigned himself to praying he wasn't headed for immediate execution.

From his control room at the top of the tower, the Bethuw'el had watched the fighting. He wasn't pleased with his moderators' conduct, or their inability to capture all of the intruders, but that could wait. He had other things to attend to first. There was an interrogation to conduct. And the General always enjoyed conducting them in person.
        His subordinates would expect nothing less from their General. After all, he was Ahtisah Adnarre, the Bethuw'el of MangaRaiders, and he would not show weakness to anyone.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:03:39 AM by Coryn »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 07, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »
Dude that bar-speak is inspired stuff Coryn hahaha! And dammit I got captured. Help me out Fro!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »
absolutely brilliant battle speak XD

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
Thanks guys! It seemed reasonable that the upper eshelons would have some form of code talk by this point. We get wrapped up in too much trouble.

Sorry Lego, but the story demanded it! I leave your fate in the capable hands of our cowriter(s).