March 29, 2024, 12:57:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Day Of 1,000 Styles  (Read 133046 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Day Of 1,000 Styles
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2017, 06:53:08 AM »
Wait, I thought I was older than you Lego. What's your birthday?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 02, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »
Adjectives, adjectives and beer.

I meant younger, and at the time I only meant to use the forum-joining-time to determine canon age but I dunno you irl birthday...

25.93 is mine, yours?

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 03, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »
2004, secretly.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 03, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »
7/11/91, not secretly.. So I beat you out either way. (Although don't forget, it's established we're born outside MR (for the most part), so it wouldn't make much sense to count our ages as when we joined.)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 01, 2018, 06:38:08 AM »
Style 51 - The Ghost With The Machine

Legomaestro woke up with a hangover of the ages.

Songs would be sung of the excruciating levels of pain it brought him, but in the cat-man's defence, he and Coryn had had a particularly traumatic 2 years of being stuck in a stasis field to forget, and a return to normalcy to celebrate.

Relatively.

For this was Mangaraiders, and nothing was ever normal here.

For now, he had a hangover to cure. He'd need meat. Meat and lots of water. And a day spent in bed. It's not like there was much of anything else in his house.

Lego had an odd minimalistic mansion of a place. It was preposterously large, and even more ridiculous in how little furniture it had. It consisted of white marble floors, large one-way glass windows and stairways made of dark wood. Furniture always consisted of singular black plastic chairs set behind desks that determined the use of the room: His living room had a sofa facing an abstract geometric painting. His office had a table with a typewriter. His bedroom had a simple futon with no beddings. When he was a cat he abhorred the place, but the human side of him seemed to enjoy this strange mis-match of space and furniture.

He was taking a sip of water when there was a flash of light and he found himself sitting in darkness.

"Eh?"

He looked around, shocked to see that the entire world had been rendered to white lines in black space. Where his feet touched the ground there were white glowing spots, but otherwise everything else was rendered in this strange Tron-esque world.

Someone had the remote.

"Oh for heavens' sake!" He sighed.

"Coryn, I thought we're done with this thing! Let it die! The joke is old! The storys's done!"

No Coryn.

Come to think of it. He could see past the walls of his house out to the rest of the city. It was a bit tricky but he studied the scene as much as he could and found that indeed, the rest of MR was where it should've been. But it was completely empty.

Was he alone in this universe?

[/spoiler

You know, I'd been sitting on the description of Raider houses for some future canon, but that was aaages ago. I'll use that up here for MRDTS.

I'll be up for a chapter next week, but feel free to come along when you wish.

Otherwise stay tuned for next Tuesday! I have some ideas here.

And did I mention the Science Division Arc was a goldmine of Canon shenanigans? No? Then I'm saying it again.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 01, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »
Intending to soldier on Lego?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2018, 07:49:28 AM »
I need the practice. And it's fun when it turns into 3-dimensional chess sometimes when other raiders step in, but yeaup I'm going to push things at least until some significant number. Er let's say 100. *Calculates*

Gawd that'd take 2 years.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
*arises from under the dirt with shovel in hand*

"Finally... read... all of this...

"Shovel drops to the ground*

Madness..."

*Feints in over dramatic fashion*

Seriously though, this was one hell of a monster to read, but I'm glad soldiered through it all. Lots of wild and fun unexpected twists and turns. The Ecchi raid and the Science Division raid were my favorites by far. Although unfortunately most of Lego's dropbox links were broken me thinks, so most of the forest arc was lost on me, but I somewhat made sense of the whole thing towards the end.

Might be throwing my hand into the mix shortly...
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
It's definitely the longest bit of Canon ever written, I'll give you that. Glad you liked what you found. Good luck on your own addition.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
You sir are a legend Frono. And dammit I lost on the first round around. Ah well, such is the Day of 1000 styles. Why am I such a laze of the night haha.

Dammit Dropbox. Those links have been breaking down for centuries. I've updated them. Gawd my engrish was even worse then than now, but you can now officially see what those lost days arc things were. That was some trippy stuff.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 17, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »
I think I'll be posting mine sometime next week. Unless you have other plans Lego, don't wanna ruin what you have in store so early.
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 17, 2018, 08:31:25 AM »
If you're worried about that Fro, you're missing half the point of 1000 styles.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 17, 2018, 08:44:38 AM »
Pretty much that. Dude did you see the curve balls some of the people did in those arcs? There is no mercy to the narrator in Day of 1,000 Styles.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 17, 2018, 08:49:57 AM »
Ah true that. Although I was more interested in seeing what you had in store first, but if you guys want curveballs then trust me when I say that I got some wild censored coming your way...
Messatsu...

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 19, 2018, 10:56:13 AM »
Sorry Lego, but I had too much fun writing this. Don't hate me okay? ;)

Spoiler
Style 52 - Rapping afros???

Lego could feel the topography of the space around him changing. The blackness around him shifted to a blur, and within seconds the entire world transitioned into a dimension of swirling colors, seemingly moving him forward through the infinite space.

“This is really getting old…”

Suddenly a twinkle of light flashed in the distance, and it began to close in on him as the dimension moved Lego towards it unwillingly. Lego could only groan as he was quickly blinded and engulfed by a portal of light.

---

“FROMAESTRO! FROMAESTRO!”

Lego could barely make out the deafening noise of what sounded like a chants from a hollering crowd. Of course, as he came to and opened his eyes that’s exactly what it was.

“What the hell!?”

The first thing Lego noticed was the sea of people that filled the gigantic stadium. They had been in an cheering uproar, which mostly consisted of beautiful girls in skimpy anime school clothes. His eyes then shifted to the glowing lights above that colored the stadium in a dark blue and the occasional white spotlights that highlighted the main stage which Lego stood on. The combination of the crowded arena and the flashing lights threw Lego’s vision into a blurry loop, which forced him to look down on the microphone-

“A MICROPHONE!?”

-That was nestled in his right hand. The odd sight prompted him to look at the rest of himself. To his surprise, he was adorned in a baggy, black and green color schemed hoodie, jeans and sneakers combo, with a golden cat chain dangling around his neck. He was wearing a complete rapper outfit, and the sudden realization almost made him hurl.

Of course just when he thought things couldn’t get weirder, he noticed Fronomenal standing on the far right of the stage in a similar looking outfit and a microphone in hand as well. He appeared to be addressing the crowd.

“YO YO YO!” Fro began, tapping the on mic to the test the sound. “MIC CHECK, MIC CHECK! WE ARE LIVE! TEAM FROMAESTRO IN THE EFFING BUILDING!” Fro paced around the stage for a second before walking to the front to get a more personal view of the fans. He raised his mic high into the air. “AYE HOW YALL FEELING TONIGHT!?”

The crowd responded with a combined roar of what sounded like goods and greats. Fro continued.

“THATS GOOD, THAT”S GOOD! AYE, LOOK MAN YALL ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT IS! IT’S YA BOYZ FRONEEZY AND LEGOMAESTRO, AKA FROMAESTRO, AND WE ABOUT THE BRING THE HOUSE DOWN IN THIS MUTHASUCKA! ARE YALL READY TO HEAR THE HOTTEST RHYMES FROM THE HOTTEST RAP DUO IN ALL OF MANGARAIDERS!?”

“YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

Lego rushed over to Fro and pulled on his hoodie to get his attention.

“Frono, what the hell is going on? Why are we at a rap concert with mics in our hands?”

“Because we’re a rap duo and this is our concert, homie.”

“Rap duo? Since when!?”

“Since we dropped our debut album, “Cat Girls and Orange Kool Aid” ten minutes ago. We’ve been the touring the Net ever since.”

“That fast!?”

“Call us an instant hit.”

Fro broke away from Lego and returned his attention to the crowd.

“SO LOOK YALL, ME AND THE HOMIE LEGO DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING A LIL’ DIFFERENT TONIGHT. INSTEAD OF PERFORMING  SONGS FROM OUR ALBUM RIGHT OFF THE BAT, WE’RE GONNA START THIS SET OFF WITH A FREESTYLE SESSION, AND LEGO IS GONNA KICK THE FIRST VERSE!”

Lego eyes widened in terror upon hearing Fro’s declaration. He rushed towards him again in a angry fury.

“Why the hell am I going first?”

“Cause even though we’re a duo you’re like the main guy and the fans just gravitate towards you more for some reason. I know, weird right?”

Fro turned towards the back of the stage.

“AYE DJ CORYN! KICK US OFF WITH A HOT ONE MAH GUY!”

“Coryn…?” Lego switched his attention to the back of the stage and noticed Coryn bobbing in a left and right motion behind a table filled with turntables and other beat making instruments. The cyborg Dj shot a wink at the confused Lego. Lego facepalmed, annoyed to the fullest.

“This can’t be good…”

Suddenly Coryn gets into a groove and began spinning the large black disc on the turntables with his hands in a sort of rhythmic flow. As he spun the turntables, sounds of beat scratches filled the arena, teasing both the crowd and Lego with an incoming instrumental that would soon shake the stadium to its core. What that instrumental was exactly, no one could tell. Everyone was at the mercy of Coryn’s never before heard DJ skills, specifically Lego.

“Oh Coryn, for the love of god please don’t play anything whack!”

Messatsu...