March 29, 2024, 01:25:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Day Of 1,000 Styles  (Read 133048 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
The Day Of 1,000 Styles
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
So here's a little amusing thought that came to mind this morning. So I wanted to get some of your opinions on it before kicking it off. See who's interested.

The idea would be a pretty meta/4th wall breaking MR canon. Where each installment is created by a different person, each in a different style/format/medium. An on going serial just for kicks and jokes.

It'd work like this. 1 person can do one page/chapter/whatever at a time. They get 1 week to create it and if they fail it goes onto the next person in line. We'd be telling a single story, but everybody would get to write a part of it in sequence.

So for instance say I go first to get the plot established for the wackiness. I'd just write a quick paragraph or two, then the next person in line could be an artist, and they'd draw a single page. And then the next person could draw a page in their own style, and maybe after that we'd get another writer to do some paragraphs.

Of course the medium and style would be limited only to your imagination. want to make a video? live action? animation? finger puppets? go wild. The point is to have fun and show off our uniqueness.

So as long as enough people want to get into the idea we'll create an order for people to go in and I'll pen the start to get things rolling. Thoughts?

OUR CURRENT ORDER

Coryn
Lego
Jamie
Paipis

Remember. You're only limited to the number of pages you can actually complete. Keep in mind though: It's about the gags, always mark the new change at the end of your instalment, and don't end the story.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

The Machine Also Rises Arc (1-7)

EcchiWorld Arc (8-16)

Dating Sim Arc (17-20)

Lost Days Arc (21-27)

Science Division Raid Arc (28-42)

Long Climb Home Arc (43-50)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:28:29 AM by legomaestro »

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline takahashi

• keep writing untill you cant write anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: The day of 1,000 styles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
This sounds fun. :D

Offline mangadude

• hey *princess wave*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
this sounds like an awesome idea so far man i can't wait

<a href="http://skepticon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/knapp01.png" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://skepticon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/knapp01.png</a>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:13:24 PM by mangadude »
https://www.deviantart.com/elexiceoh/gallery/?catpath=/
my artwork i have made over the years.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
glad to see there's some interest. I wan't to get as many people on board before starting though.

Offline Minorin_Fumiko

• Professional procrastinator
  • Unreal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
hm i like the sound of it ^^
Blehhh!

P4

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:47:41 AM by P4 »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Well i was looking at it more like a batting list in baseball. Same order each time, so everybody get's equal spacing. If someone can't we just move onto the next person on the list. And once we go through everyone, it just loops back to the start. And as more people join we just tag them onto the end of the list.

Offline FleetingMischief

• Amateur Manga Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »
*Resists temptation to join* Looks like a great idea. But with all these competitions coming up in my school, I gotta focus on winning those. Especially the next publication contest. Must... win.... again....!! Aruuuug....... *Focuses*

I have a lot to learn and sometimes I feel like I'm slacking. I feel so empty when I don't draw, and full of fire if I do. I hope both feelings never go away.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
well with any luck fleeting we can keep this going a while, so you might have your chance yet

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »
This sounds like a great idea coryn. I was actually hoping to explore the MR Canon more. I may even try my hand at drawing one or two pages. Count me in

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
Alright. Let's kick this off. We're going to be moving in order of who said they wanted to participate. so thats.

Taka
Mangadude
minorin
lego

I'll update the first post. So taka you've got 1 week to do the next part. Then mangadude has a week from when you post. If you don't manage then it moves onto mangadude and so on. As you'll notice, those participating in the workshop are those in the scene. So if you join and want to wander yourself in, feel free to. Though it's not required. Any questions? good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid-day in MR City. The sun gleamed down from the gilded sky scrapers, to the brick low towns. In the art district, four members had gathered. Legomaestro, Mangadude, Takahashi, and Minorin were chatting in a bench filled square, lazily flopped down on whatever they could find. Slowly a sound like hissing steam could be heard. Lego was the first to detect it and shot up from his reclined position.

"The hell is that noise?"

Minorin eyed him, still oblivious.

"What noise?"

As Lego opened his mouth to respond, however, the ground beneath them opened up. A set of pistons steadily drove two slabs of the ground up and into the air, sending all four members scurrying away from their locations to avoid a sharp drop.

While smoke began billowing from the opening, and as the trap door finished opening, a dark shadow could be seen rising up through the smoke. It was quite large, and nearly 10 feet tall. Roughly cylindrical in shape, the raiders could see an array of lights and displays running up and down its surface, and that it was crowned at the top with a golden halo, floating around what looked like an antenna. Just as mysterious however, was the figure who appeared to be standing next to the machine.

Each raider dropped back several feet and took up a melee stance, prepared for any enemy they may be facing. Suddenly the smoke was blasted into their faces however with a powerful gust of wind, seemingly eminatting from either the machine or the figure. Once it was out of their eyes however, they looked up to see non other but Coryn Sken standing upon the platform next to the oddly shaped machine.

"THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS! I BRING TO YOU TODAY THE GREATEST INVENTION IN PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE WARFARE TO DATE! MAKE YOUR WORST ENEMIES NOTHING BUT A MINOR NUISANCE WITH THIS ONE AMAZING MACHINE!"

He held a microphone in one hand while pointing into open air with the other. A white lab coat completed his ensemble, completing the mad scientist look.

"SLICING! DICING! IT DOES NON OF THESE THINGS! BUT FOLKS ONCE YOU SEE ITS REAL PURPOSE YOU'LL NEVER BUY FROM AN IMITATOR AGAIN!"

"CORYN!"

"Yes Taka?"

"What is thing thing?! Is it going to get us killed, and how did you know we were even here?!"

Tossing the microphone over his back, Coryn hopped off the platform and shrugged his shoulders.

"Awesome, maybe, didn't. After all how can you get any REAL science done in a lab? Something like this calls for a real world test. I'm just lucky you four happened to be around."

Mangadude was walking around the machine, careful not to get too close while he observed it.

"So I take it this shaft leads down to the Science Division then. Just how much of the city do you have rigged up like this?"

"That's strictly need to know. Spoiler alert though: All of it."

Trying to cut through the shenanigans, Lego finally spoke up.

"So can you tell us what it really is now?"

"Oh fine."

Coryn hopped back up onto the platform and leaned against the machine.

"What I have constructed here is an atomic mixer. It takes an object's mass, then randomly mixes the bits and pieces around into a new, yet similar form. Imagine an army of spam ninjas suddenly converted into silly cartoon caricatures of themselves, or suddenly their muscles take on definition the likes unseen by the true to life universe. Theoretically we could end up with anything."

"Theoretically that sounds like a horrible horrible idea!"

"Oh ye of little faith. Watch! And be amazed!"

Sticking his hand into his pocket, Coryn produced a 3 inch tall scale spam ninja model. Placing it next to the machine he hopped off the platform and hurried several feet off. Once next to the rest of the raiders he also pulled out a small remote with a large red button in its center.

"I've set the radius to five feet. All you've got to do is sit back and fall in love with science."

Minorin started to speak, but was quickly cut off by Coryn.

"Aren't you worried that-"

"HERE GOES NOTHING!!!"

Coryn jammed his finger down on the remote. The halo on the machine flashed brightly. And once the raiders could see again, they noticed that the machine had indeed worked. Unfortunately it was not just the promised five foot radius, but indeed, it seemed that as if nothing in the universe had been left unaffected. Looking at his new, yet familiar surroundings, Coryn screamed into the air.

"THAT WAS F*CKING AWESOME!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it begins. At the end of each page(s) you create have yet another attempt at using the machine. Let's cycle till we find our way back in the quest for our original style!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:48:15 PM by Coryn Sken »

Offline takahashi

• keep writing untill you cant write anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
LOL that was great Coryn Ill start working on the next part. ;D

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
Coryn you're at it again!

I'm a bit ashamed to ask this but... how many MR members are in the science division?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
Well it was me and Aero. But now he's gone so I guess it's just me.

Offline Minorin_Fumiko

• Professional procrastinator
  • Unreal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »
haha i liked it ^^
Blehhh!