July 08, 2020, 07:55:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What are you listening to  (Read 366981 times)

Online Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to
« Reply #4980 on: June 15, 2020, 09:04:22 AM »
Sunny morning Mid-June quicklist.

The Smiths : William, It Was Really Nothing
The Byrds : I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
Ever : Sleepyhead
The Beatles : You Won't See Me
Flow : Colours
Hearts Grow : Yura Yura
Kotoko : Being
Suwa Nanaka : So Sweet
Konomi Suzuki : Days Of Dash
Galileo Galilei : Asu e
Seiko Oomori : Imitation Girl
Dancing Dolls : Monochrome
miwa : We Are The Light
Silent Siren : alarm
BAND-MAID : Big Dad
BiSH : Hontou Honki
Bump Of Chicken : Tentai Kansoku
PASSPO : Bachelorette Wa Owaranai 

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: June 15, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »
Don't ask me why, but I woke up with it in y head, so I listened to Call Me Maybe all morning while getting ready on repeat. Unappreciated classic I tell yeh.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: June 29, 2020, 09:32:37 AM »
Summer Mori-Mori Quicklist 

SCANDAL : Stamp!
Minako Kotobuki : Bye Bye Blue
Aerosmith : Same Ol' Song and Dance
Van Halen : Secrets
KISS : Got To Choose
PASSPO : Music Navigation
BiSH : Departures
Ac/Dc : Down Payment Blues
The Beatles : Taxman
The Replacements : Valentine
GARNiDELiA : Moon Landing
Tomato n' Pine : Nanairo Namida
Sphere : Hazy
Natsumi Kiyoura : Kaze Sagashi
Silent Siren : Kakumei
ChouCho : Sleeping Butterfly
miwa : Chasing Hearts
Yui : Summer Song
Maaya Sakamoto : Million Clouds
Yoshino Nanjo : Zero Ichi Kiseki

Online Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: June 30, 2020, 04:37:46 PM »
Taeko Onuki, Mignonne

It's about time I listened to this album. It was pleasant although not too many songs stood out to me. I really really really liked "Jajauma Musume", it was a smooth jam. The rest of the album was good to have on, I actually don't have much to say. I'll listen to her other albums also.

The Doors, Morrison Hotel

A pretty full on Blues album that is laid back and weird like the other Doors albums. This record has a good vibe, some songs are just boring blues tracks but it has some great moments. "Peace Frog" has some weird moments that are cool and "Indian Summer" is amazing with it's very trippy guitar and loose feeling. This was a pretty good listen, even if it had some more generic feeling tracks.

The 13th Floor Elevators, Easter Everywhere

This is another awesome album from this kick ass 60's Psych band. They had an awesome style which is showcased on the impressive 7 minute opener "Slip Inside This House" a song that keeps the same pace and just goes verse to verse with it's cool instruments and great vocals. The singer is really fantastic. The cover of "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" is pretty good for it's spacious and loose jam. The vocals don't hit the level of emotion that Bob had but it fits nice on the album. This album is just as good as their debut. These guys were so awesome, they had garage band energy and didn't go too deep into the hippy dippy. "(I've Got) Levitation" is a heavy duty jam! 

Weyes Blood, Titanic Rising   

This was a pretty good sort of Indie Folk album. It had it's own style and there were some cool parts. It has that sort of haze and spacey feel to it which goes over the whole thing. Joni and some vague 70's country influence in parts. I enjoyed it and found it a good album to put on.   

Betty Davis, They Say I'm Different

WOW. I only heard of Betty Davis a few weeks ago and I was instantly grabbed by her amazingly badass voice. She is just a wicked chick with a super raw and dirty delivery. I was right away thinking, why haven't I heard of her before? This album grooves big time and Betty just goes all over these songs with a demanding presence. I've never heard anyone sing this way before, she has a one of a kind delivery. The kind of voice that will strike you or turn you away. She is just so awesome with so much passion and personality, every song is just sizzling. The tunes themselves are alright but it's mainly Betty's performances that make this album pop.   

Brian Eno, Another Green World

I know the guy's name but I've never heard a single song. This is a mad cool album, it's just really neat sounds and songs. The guitars and really neat keyboards. Everything is different and it has a real spirit of creation to it. It's crazy for 1976 in some songs. I like the instrumentals the most though there are some good vocal songs like "St. Elmo's Fire" (not to be confused with the awful 80's song). This is really an interesting listen and it packs a lot of cool stuff in.