February 17, 2020, 08:58:15 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What are you listening to  (Read 341758 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to
« Reply #4965 on: January 17, 2020, 06:34:00 PM »
Donna Summer, Bad Girls 

You might say Bad Girls is one of the definitive disco albums, but that's way too simple a description. The first half is a party, each song sequences into the next with no dead time and it's good song after good song. It's produced by disco masterminds Giorgio Moroder & Pete Bellotte who make things groove with the instintant drum machine, synths and various sounds. The basslines are wicked throughout. There is a slight Rock element to some songs like the top notch opener "Hot Stuff". Donna Summer was a great singer and she brings a lot of character to the songs. I really like "Walk Away" and "Can't Get to Sleep At Night". Side 3 is the ballad section. "All Through the Night" is solid and "My Baby Understands" has some more meat to it. On Side 4 Giorgio Moroder goes absolutely insane. "Our Love", "Lucky" & "Sunset People" are ahead of their time and clearly influenced a lot of synth based music to come. They are three excellent songs that makes the record begin in a much different place than it started. Bad Girls is a pretty solid album where each side of the album does it's own thing. It's truly made to be listened to on record for it's sequencing. Don't think it's some disco blowout, it's far more than that. I quite like it!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FligLb0vBrg 

Heart, Little Queen 

All of us know "Barracuda" as the easy song on Guitar Hero III with a lot of green button, I've never been interested in Heart but I bought this record a while ago and finally gave it a chance. It was a suprise, a lot more...Led Zeppelin than I thought. While it opens with the song we all know it goes into Folk Rock pretty quickly and many of the songs are more acoustic based with some mandolin and related instruments. "Kick It Out" is a solid Rock 'n Roll song. I didn't think too much of the album but it went in a way different direction than I imagined and it was pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WxPzS3224 

The J. Geils Band, Monkey Island 

If you can believe it (I couldn't) this band existed well before their three popular songs from the 80's. In fact Monkey Island from 1977 is their seventh album! This is an album of mixed inspiration, Rock with some Funk and R&B elements. It grooves pretty good for the first bit and there some very nice slow jam tracks on here, "You're The One" and "I'm Falling" are good. It takes a turn to trash on side 2 with the awful boring song "Monkey Island" that is like a failed 70's Rock drama like Alice Cooper or something, I don't know it was lame. It was 9 mintues of wasted time, maybe they thought it was an epic. It sucked. This album looses it on side 2, it goes from pretty decent to absolutely lame, generic and forgetable. The band feels they do different things but fail to excell at most of them. "Wreckage" is like a miserable attempt at an acoustic Rolling Stones number, even down to the awful vocal performance. This album starts strong, has two pretty good songs and just sinks into nothingness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZjSZVs3jgI   

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: February 04, 2020, 07:07:48 AM »
Just gonna share my most listened to songs for January. I didn't really listen to many new to me albums but these songs are the highlights of the month.

Genie High Feat. Aina The End : Fuben Na Kawaige
- A great super melodic and instrumentally interesting tune. Aina gives an awesome vocal and fits perfectly with Genie High's vocalists. I like their style with Jazzy guitars, piano and driving drums. The rest of the album wasn't nearly as good, but "Fuben Na Kawaige" gets a lot of play from me.

Donna Summer : Winter Melody  
- A super beautiful song that gave me goosebumps when I first heard it. Very nice melodies that are full of emotion and a smooth vocal. The chorus is mad catchy also. This song just grabbed me right away, it's really damn good. 

iri : Aitaiwa   
- A really nice chill J-Rap song with a great airy instrumental perfect for driving slowly. iri's vocals are great, very husky. I really like the acoustic riff going and the track is overall very well produced. 

Nagi Yagani : here and there   
- Her airy music always makes me feel good and I'm always happy to find a song of her's I haven't heard before. here and there is a perfect example of Nagi Yagani's style, it has a wonderful instrumental that is breezy and moving. 

Vince DiCola : Escape   
- This is by no means a new to me song but watching the Transformers 86' movie again this month made me come back to this piece of soundtrack that I love so much. It's extremely high energy and gets me going. I just feel mad inspired when this song comes on, it just makes you want to get things done! ME GRIMLOCK NOT NICE DINO! ME BASH BRAINS!

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: February 14, 2020, 03:09:59 PM »
Just got back to listening to Coldplay. I can't believe how much I missed them.
Their new music kinda sucks really. :P I think Ghost Stories was their best album.

Also I discovered Honne and Boy Pablo and they're really good. You should look it up :3