March 29, 2024, 01:36:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What are you listening to  (Read 770948 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to
« Reply #4845 on: April 19, 2018, 07:22:19 PM »
Dish The Playlist Please : Part II - New Plates, Hot Takes

The Soft Boys : I Wanna Destroy You
The Smiths : Shakespeare's Sister
Beach Fossils : Careless
The Byrds : I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
Van Halen : Secret
Utada Hikaru : Shiawase Ni Narou
Mika Nakashima : Aroma
Wednesday Campanella : Three Mystic Apes
DAOKO : Juicy
Carly Rae Jepsen : Hurt So Good
Katy Perry : International Smile 
Yukari : Yule
YESEO : Lazy Mary Jane
Neon Bunny : It's You
Rina Sawayama : Alterlife
Fugazi : Styrofoam
Sonic Youth : Titanium Expose   
Rush : Red Barchetta
Redbone : Liquid Truth
Lorde : A World Alone

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:37:42 PM by Manimal »

Offline HaKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: April 19, 2018, 08:32:35 PM »
Ross Couch Addicted
SpiritChaser The Future
Tek Killa The Beach

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: April 20, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: April 23, 2018, 06:31:55 PM »
God Of War OST (Bear McCreary - Overture)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWXnMaQNESA

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
Spring is here and it's Yui season everyone. Much like the Ramones, Yui is a somewhat seasonal artist that I can listen to over and over and not tire of. Utada is always the best in J Pop, but Yui's music always delivers what I need. I think she has the best melodies along with the greatest flow, her singing is perfect and the guitar power on the songs, with the layers of electric, acoustic, little leads, e-bow etc. is just killer. Her emotive songs hit, but it's the up tempo ones I always go to. Summer Song is literally the most perfect summer song I have ever heard, and Driving Happy Life has a feeling and melody that just...ugh. Yui just doesn't get old, it's a shame she just disappeared from music altogether, she was so good. But she atleast gave us some fine albums, that maybe don't sound like my life but perhaps sound like what I want my life to sound like. A lot of my favorite music has that quality. 

Yui's voice feels like summer heat. On Driving Happy Life you can feel the sun in the first turn of the verse melody. and Summer Song instantly gets the movie reels in your head replaying your past summertimes from the sound of the acoustic. Kiss Me sounds like sunset at camp on the dock, or out of the sauna. Find Me, Laugh Away, Shake My Heart, is goes on and on, these songs just speak so vividly to me and I don't tire of them. Yui might not have had the big impact Utada, Seiko and others have had on me, but her music has been very important to me for it's quality, a quality I've not found in any artist since.

Somehow I have not made a Yui mixtape until now which I shall fix. Recording on a 60 minute as always. No sad songs, as great as Good-Bye Days is it makes me too sad to put on a fun mix for the car. I'm an actual mixtape a proper mixtape on a cassette tape you losers stop using the word wrong pro, almost 5 years since I made my first one, and the people still act amazed when I buy a box of blanks from the store. It's just a normal part of my life.

Laugh Away
Rolling Star 
My Generation
Ready To Love 
LIFE
CHE.R.RY
Find Me
Summer Song
Driving Happy Life 
Cinnamon   
Daydreamer
No Way
I Do It
Shake My Heart
U-niform
It's All Too Much
Kiss Me   

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: April 24, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »
Hiroyuki Sawano - ?Binary Star? ft. Uru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCcV8XpAow

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: April 25, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: April 25, 2018, 03:25:30 PM »

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: April 26, 2018, 07:55:16 AM »
Hiroyuki Sawano - Time to Dream | "Epic Music"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwN28XopAM

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:28 AM »
Hiroyuki Sawano: BEST OF VOCAL WORKS - Best of Soundtracks [MiX] "No.10" - Epic Vocal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3it_sxwUXw

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: April 28, 2018, 05:17:35 PM »

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »
Fam, why was those two girls fighting?

Why did one girl go upside the other girl's head with a bottle?

Why was this video so damn violent in the first place?

And gawdammitt that animation... :ohmy:

Jesus christ, Lego, that song and that video was amazing!
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: April 29, 2018, 09:05:25 AM »
I kept waiting for it, and I was not disappointed. If only the whole thing could have been animated.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 07, 2018, 06:40:30 PM »
Got some new records today, great finds. A lot of Beach Boys in fair shape. I passed up on some to save money...Buddy Holly's self titled, a great find but it wasn't in great shape. Plus I have all I need from Buddy on record with one of the compilations. I buy to listen not so much collect in that regard. An original of Highway 61...eh someone else who doesn't have a copy can get that one. The Kinks Lola Part One! Rare but bad shape.

The Beach Boys, Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) 

The last of the early traditional Beach Boy albums, with the surfing, cars, girls, music and California themes in full form. The Wrecking Crew is present, seen in the rather fantastic arrangements. With that great rhythm and fullness to the songs. "California Girls" is the album's classic, and a truly amazing single with it's illegally catchy chorus and simple lyrics that paint a campy and fun summer image. The composition as well is remarkable. The rest of the album is good, with a greatness bubbling. It really shows the road to Pet Sounds, the instrumentation is so good with a lot of cool bits. Especially guitar tones and background sax. "Let Him Run Wild" is a highlight, a standout in every regard. This is a very worthwhile album that shouldn't be ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutAN1fq4bU

The Beach Boys, Smiley Smile   

The greatest tragedy of 60's recorded music is that we'll never know what truly could've come from Smile as a completed work. Instead we have this muffled lo-fi rush job, which has all the charm, twists and sheer creativity you'd want, without the sound and power. Smiley Smile is a weird basement record with a lot of crafty and cool bits, but nothing more then unpolished gems that where never allowed to shine. "Good Vibrations" is present which sharply contrasts the rest of the record. It feels so out of place, a single with insane amounts of work among rush jobs. "Vegetables" is fun for the lyrics and sound effects, "She Goes Bald" has a twist spoken word bit, "Little Pad" is simply odd. "Wind Chimes" is almost like a failed attempt at remaking "Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)".

There may not be a timeline where a fully realized Smile could exist, and I don't think it would've been better then Pet Sounds anyway. Given how meaningless and goofy some of the lyrics are. Smiley Smile is no way to judge this, it's just a novelty with "Good Vibrations" and a muddy recording of "Heroes And Villains" tacked on. The band didn't even bother touching "Surf's Up" yet. You hear good things happening, but it's a sad end to something that was not allowed to grow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gu-hzfhv10       

The Beach Boys, Wild Honey 

Recorded and released mere months after Smiley Smile, this album is dramatically different, like a weight had been lifted off, resulting in rather upbeat and sunny music. It's surprisingly black for a Beach Boys album, with a real R&B sound in the vocals, which are grittier and dig deeper. It's primarily made with band action, the songs don't have tons going on, but the keyboard sounds are cool with a lot of neat tones such as the sounds on the title track. It's an easygoing album and rather short at just 23 minutes. Instead of trying to make an ambitious masterpiece, Wild Honey just sounds like Brian Wilson relaxing his music muscles, while still trying to make a consistent record. There are still cool changes in the music, and the Motown tint gives it a unique feel. It's a neat album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXhB2uETzP0

Bob Dylan, New Morning 

It would be a little too sweeping to claim Bobby never made anything worthwhile after Blonde On Blonde, certainly he was not the same cool guy with the shades, black clothes & wild Jewfro, and the attitude in his music became much less interesting, but an album like 1970's New Morning shows he still had some good things going. It's really quite simple, a solid band backs Bob doing the folk rock, country thing. The songs are very effective and sound good, with a light sound. Variety in tone with some cool twists like the jazzy "If Dogs Run Free" and upbeat title track. George Harrison did a much better version of "If Not For You", but this one is good for something fast and loose. Ditching his strange tone on Nashville Skyline, Bobby sounds good. This album actually has life and fun to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33gxrvkjMg     
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:29:49 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 08, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
Some more records today, cool stuff for sure. Always nice to get new old stuff as the hunt has died down in recent times.

R.E.M., Murmur   

I have a deep seeded dislike for Michael Stipe and his disgusting face with his douche bag expression and complete cock aura. He pisses me off so much I can't even bare to look at his stupid bald head. I feel the same about Bono, which is why I swore to never listen to R.E.M. and U2. However I would be foolish to pass up on a near mint copy of Murmur for cheap, so I got the record. I've never seen any R.E.M. album on record, this kind of stuff hardly ever pops up around here. Naturally, like many things, something I've convinced myself I don't like has turned out to be good. It's enjoyable with good jangle and melodic songwriting. "Laughing" is when I knew it was going to be good, and sure enough it proved to be solid all the way, especially songs like "Shaking Through" that break out the piano. The vocal lines and steady drums/bass seem to drive the songs, the guitar parts have good tone but don't play anything overly remarkable. The tone is consistent and as a whole, it's fine. I don't need to hear any of their other albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7u-9ZHOgE     

Santana, Abraxas

Spicy, this jamming Latin Rock jam record is full of cool things. Much is instrumental with the percussion and guitar action leading the way. It's not a soloing blow out, rather it just gets into these cool ass grooves, with only a couple of actually songs, most famous my least favorite song in Guitar Hero III "Black Magic Woman", which actually sounds great here. It has a great slow beginning, with a lot of mystery right away. This is a really cool album that could only come from the early 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xskk5q1DL6A     

The Beach Boys, All Summer Long 

The big beach blow out, a very fun album full of sunny songs. We got "I Get Around" with some great harmonies and a cool verse groove. "Girls On The Beach" is an early masterpiece, the group vocals and supreme summer feeling! and plenty great tunes like "Little Honda" and "Wendy". It's a very fun album, cheesy at times like the early albums tend to be. "Drive-In" being so insanely corny you have to love it for that good ol' innocent Happy Days style charm. I still haven't heard the first 5 albums, but it'd be safe to say this is the first album with great songs from the band, very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbfl24DhU1w

The Beach Boys, Today!   

The first album to really use the Wrecking Crew, Today! sees the band going beyond the same old themes. It has it's share of cheese like "When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)" with it's counting backing vocals, but there are some good tracks on here, and it sees Brian Wilson starting to go hard on the arrangements. Side 1 is the fun, but "Do You Wanna Dance?" can only be done by the Ramones, and any other version is simply too slow. Side 2 sees the slower songs where things turn good, like "Please Let Me Wonder" and "She Knows Me Too Well". Brian Wilson probably has the best falsetto I've ever heard, it's a magical tone that is distinctly and totally his own. This album is a good start to the wild days ahead, fine listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hPqnxaYYI
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:32:07 PM by Manimal »