September 21, 2019, 02:53:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Daisetsu's works  (Read 23805 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Daisetsu's works
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2019, 10:35:06 AM »
nice tip, I might try that sometime :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
Thanks guys :).

Trying with 'Insert image' meathod this time with links from my DA gallery. Hope it works for longer time :P.
Gladly I always store all of my works on my PC. Guess I'll have to edit the comments here. Or just make a post with my other works which are gone from here - but are still on other sites like DA.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2019, 11:23:47 AM »
ahhhh yes I've had the same issue with photobucket, although mine aren't gone, they are just super heavily watermarked. editing them all back seems like a mighy pain haha
and yes glad you have backups!!

as I said in the chat, great piece.
I love the lighting and the overall shading and colouring, plus the rain splash effect is cool as well.

How do you draw the buildings? the brick textures and whatnot look really nice!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
About the buildings - I usually start from a solid color which contains the whole mass of the structure. Then depending on the colors, I think about the materials and give them a suitable texture - for bricks I added a separate layer on which I experimented with brushes. For this one I chose 'crayon' in Clip Studio Paint and colored with a darker shade taken from the base color.
Then I devided the bricks with darker lines and added some lines indicating the edges which reflects most of the lights.
The rest are the effects added for the whole picture like gradients of light, color effects etc. Sometimes there's a lot of it and I end up with dozens of layers @.@ - so It's good to divide them into folders like 'characters', 'background 1st plan', 'background 2nd plan' etc. Saves a lot of time while searching all the layers to find these lines or dots which you want to correct/erase :).

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2019, 03:53:19 PM »
awesome, that's super useful. I might try and do that whenever I work on backgrounds next. I've done a little bit of texture work but I need more brush practice, and making my own brushes as well is something I'd like to try as well :)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
Speaking of background, I love the attention to detail on the masonry of the building (engineer bursting forth, 3...2...1!) The fact that the brickwork is in sync with the window is a small bit of detail that a lot of people are going to miss with backgrounds (Hitler, for instance, (*censored*ing loser)). You're architecture is always going to be based on a logical manner. You're never going to see fixtures start in the middle of a layer of bricks. They need something solid to sit on! It's a completely logical thing. One stone weighs on top of the next! Don't get lost in any one detail. See the forest through the trees.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF