April 18, 2024, 07:02:15 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Fall of the Hyuga Clan  (Read 13850 times)

Offline thepieisready

• The Optimistic Pessimist
    • View Profile
The Fall of the Hyuga Clan
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »
I was wondering what you guys thought about the way that the Hyuga clan essentially fell out of the series.  I wouldn't care so much if A, they were built up to be so incredible and B, I didn't LOVE them so much.  Honestly, Gentle Fist is my favorite part of the Naruto universe, so you can imagine my growing disappointment as it rather swiftly ceased to appear.  Additionally, even if there was no Byakugan or Gentle Fist, Neji is just... so cool... especially when he learns the air palm... and I miss him dearly.
I don't know if any of you cared that much or if they frequently show up later in the war (I've only gotten to the end of the Kakashi-Zabuza fight) but I'm curious to know.
When life gives you lemons, demand to speak to the manager.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Hyuga Clan
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:32:35 AM »
Hmm, you might be right about this. Choji's clan I believe has much influence in the war, but I don't remember reading much about Neji and his clan. The fights in the war are pretty damn epic though, I tell you. Do you read Naruto or watch it?

Offline thepieisready

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:20 AM »
I read it

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »
Well where the manga is right now is at its climax, or better put nearing its end. So its only reasonable of Kishimoto to focus heavily on the main and most important characters, ie Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke... Hell there hasnt even been any mention of Sakura, let alone Neji  :glare:

Offline thepieisready

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:43:36 PM »
I understand right now, obviously.  I was more speaking of before now when it would've been plausible...  :glare:

Offline ReasonRevolutionaryVII

• The Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
I agree with you the pieisready...the Hyuga Clan's steady decline in the overall story is kinda sad. I honestly find alot of the lesser characters in Naruto more interesting the the main ones but you have to look at it like this.

Kishi has been builting up for this climax..for pretty much 2 years. You can tell he knew for the most part where he wanted to take the story and who was going to be involved. Secondly when you have a story as big as Naruto, with so many detailed secondary characters, by design, they are bound to only moments. Neji had a few moments in the first half of Naruto, but in the second not so much. Hinata has seen a greater role, but thats because she's Naruto's "one sided" love interest. 

In the end will probably see what became of Neji and the Hyuga probably because Naruto's whole entire class will be mentioned. I have a feeling( a hopeful  one) Hinata and Naruto possibly end up together, If Naruto ends up with anyone at all so thats pretty big for the Hyuga.

Will we see them in any real action again? Most likely not, because Naruto is pulling to a close and its all about are two way antagonist showdown in Tobi/Madara and of course the dueteragonist in Sasuke, and they have little to do/ could do little with resolving any of that..... :push:
Ideal Sanctum