November 17, 2017, 09:36:29 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Narutogod's Drawings :)  (Read 4653 times)

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
  • My name is Desi! :3
    • View Profile
Narutogod's Drawings :)
« on: August 11, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »
Edit : photobucket got me good go to the last page to see what I got T_T

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:29:14 PM by narutogod123 »

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
Re: Narutogod's Noob Drawings XD
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »
Pretty weird and interesting stuff.. I can see some anatomy issues, but overall its good.. Oh, and did I mention they're weird? :D

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:50:39 AM »
Pretty weird and interesting stuff.. I can see some anatomy issues, but overall its good.. Oh, and did I mention they're weird? :D

O.o how are they wierd?

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:55:40 AM »

Your stuff is pretty weird too, DBNext.  ;)

Anthropomorphic qualities I see! Definitely something new around here. Would be interesting to see more.  :biggrin:

As DBNext mentioned though, there are a few anatomy quirks. Nothing a bit of practicing with references can't fix though. To point them out so it's not this big, vague "out there" kind of thing, I'll go down the list from the first picture down to the last (can't correct anthropomorphic photos though).

First photo: Her left arm's bicep / tricep region isn't quite long enough. A little extension would make it even with the arm on the right, and might give the elbow more definition in its bend. Her right leg, at the knee joint, is moving too far forward. The knee doesn't bend upwards, and the dip in the pants makes it seem like this is the case.

Second photo: Not bad. The neck is too thick, and there's not enough space between shoulders. Aside from anatomy, the headphones aren't as 3D as they could be. Add a bit more dimension into them to give a less 2D feel.

Third photo: ... Not sure if that's a paw or a hand. I'll assume it's a paw and you know what you're doing there. The breasts are misaligned. Guidelines can solve that right up.

Fourth photo: Moving to the fifth photo, as it seems like these were the sketches for it.  :biggrin:

Fifth photo: All clean and pretty. The girl's left arm doesn't seem connected to the rest of the body due to how the lines are placed. The torso looks okay, but the arm should be coming off of it naturally instead of reaching all the way to the back. I suggest looking at how arms look with the human body and referencing those whilst drawing - it's not cheating, trust me. Even professionals do it. The eyes on the girl also are not aligned properly. Her left eye raises a bit too high above the right. Nothing big. --- The wolf-man? Can't correct much there. Would suggest taking a look at hands a bit though. --- The boy? Arm references, hand references. Will make a big difference in quality.

Sixth photo: Nice. I like it.  ;)

Seventh photo: Unfinished, but it looks good thus far!

Eighth photo: I would suggest taking a look at perspective and practicing that a bit. The nightstand by the bed has lines that do not match up with the rest of the photo.

Ninth photo: Seems purely anthropomorphic, cannot assist. Would suggest guidelines for the eyes.

Tenth photo: Nice coloring job.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »

Your stuff is pretty weird too, DBNext.  ;)

Anthropomorphic qualities I see! Definitely something new around here. Would be interesting to see more.  :biggrin:

As DBNext mentioned though, there are a few anatomy quirks. Nothing a bit of practicing with references can't fix though. To point them out so it's not this big, vague "out there" kind of thing, I'll go down the list from the first picture down to the last (can't correct anthropomorphic photos though).

First photo: Her left arm's bicep / tricep region isn't quite long enough. A little extension would make it even with the arm on the right, and might give the elbow more definition in its bend. Her right leg, at the knee joint, is moving too far forward. The knee doesn't bend upwards, and the dip in the pants makes it seem like this is the case.

Second photo: Not bad. The neck is too thick, and there's not enough space between shoulders. Aside from anatomy, the headphones aren't as 3D as they could be. Add a bit more dimension into them to give a less 2D feel.

Third photo: ... Not sure if that's a paw or a hand. I'll assume it's a paw and you know what you're doing there. The breasts are misaligned. Guidelines can solve that right up.

Fourth photo: Moving to the fifth photo, as it seems like these were the sketches for it.  :biggrin:

Fifth photo: All clean and pretty. The girl's left arm doesn't seem connected to the rest of the body due to how the lines are placed. The torso looks okay, but the arm should be coming off of it naturally instead of reaching all the way to the back. I suggest looking at how arms look with the human body and referencing those whilst drawing - it's not cheating, trust me. Even professionals do it. The eyes on the girl also are not aligned properly. Her left eye raises a bit too high above the right. Nothing big. --- The wolf-man? Can't correct much there. Would suggest taking a look at hands a bit though. --- The boy? Arm references, hand references. Will make a big difference in quality.

Sixth photo: Nice. I like it.  ;)

Seventh photo: Unfinished, but it looks good thus far!

Eighth photo: I would suggest taking a look at perspective and practicing that a bit. The nightstand by the bed has lines that do not match up with the rest of the photo.

Ninth photo: Seems purely anthropomorphic, cannot assist. Would suggest guidelines for the eyes.

Tenth photo: Nice coloring job.

Thanks for the comment! :3 One thing i always get confused about is anatomy but i draw everyday so yea i just might do some quick gesture drawings and stuff to get the hang of it i just started 5 months ago lol. Also clothes design is something i suck at but i thought i gotta expand my visual library and junk and the last photo i colored in gray scale first it was fun XD and i think my style is bland but im trying to get out of my comfort zone and do other stuff reading anatomy books helps sometimes book not much and reference is OK i guess but yea thx for the comments again ill post some more later :3

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 03:27:29 AM »

O.o how are they wierd?

Meant weird in an interesting way. U don't usually see stuff like this around here  :confused:

Offline Jack Melancholy

• That one guy from that one place you heard of that one time.
  • This is my personal text. IT'S MINE AND MINE ALONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »
Man. I wish I could help you out with some advice, but.... It's mostly humanoid animals a.k.a. Furies. They freak me the F**k out so I am of no use. Although the wolf at the end with the New Moon Studios thing was pretty nice. Anyway, I'm leaving before I have a break down, and not the fun kind either. Good luck and work hard.

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
Man. I wish I could help you out with some advice, but.... It's mostly humanoid animals a.k.a. Furies. They freak me the F**k out so I am of no use. Although the wolf at the end with the New Moon Studios thing was pretty nice. Anyway, I'm leaving before I have a break down, and not the fun kind either. Good luck and work hard.

Uhhh Idk why you would freak out its not like i made them do anything inappropriate O.o But thx for the comment ^^

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
Ze Docter doz hiz thingz.... Hehehehehhehe

Man, i wished i could draw furry characters like that. Hey, can you draw a WerePanda for me?

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
Make sure you try to get as much as you can out of anatomy books. Drawing the diagrams directly, and from imagination is important(as well as applying them to your drawings). I prefer to draw on paper when doing studies because it's definitely a more tactile feeling than a tablet. Try to visualize what you're drawing when using your reference as it will speed up artistic development. Try to draw from the visualized fragment in your mind. The better you get at this, the less you'll have to look at your subject and the more you'll be drawing from your imagination/visualization. The more proficient you get at this, the better you'll be at drawing from just imagination. This also applies to gesture drawing, which you seem to be aware of, which is a good thing for development as an artist. Gesture drawing doesn't need to be accurate to the model, but it has to represent the flow of the pose and gesture(which is why sweeping lines and lines that seem to flow into another are used).

Your visual library will increase while your ability to visualize things increases. Since your imagination is directly related to your visual library, increasing your ability to imagine and visualize compliments your visual library.

If your thread turns into something like a sketchbook thread, then you should try to describe what you drew, the process, and the difficulties you faced, but only after you finished the drawing. The creative process of drawing occurs first, and then the analytic process can be completed without interrupting creativity. It's important to self-evaluate your own work, as it will give you direction for what you need to work on. It's also a very beneficial connection of your right-brain and left-brain processes; as you might know the right-brain is in charge of creativity, and the left-brain is in charge of analysis and logic. An example of someone who utilized this method is actually Leonardo Da Vinci. If you look at any of his pages, you can see writing next to all of his drawings that serve the purpose of what I described above.

I've actually been drawing just as long as you have, so you need not to take my advice to heart. I've just started reading 'The Challenge of Drawing: An Introduction' by Alexander Russo, which is where I got much of this information from. I definitely recommend it.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »
Nexuun, as always doing the really hard work.. I wish I had ur motivation, but im just lazy  :sleep:

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
Nexuun, as always doing the really hard work.. I wish I had ur motivation, but im just lazy  :sleep:

Your motivation will either increase or decrease as your knowledge of what you have to do to improve increases  ;) Just keep searching for knowledge anywhere and everywhere. There's no easy way out, heheh.

Offline Giodra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
love the colors !

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
Hi Everyone it has been about 9 months since i posted something i had forgotten what this websites was called for and i have been posting on other website but im back and better than ever :D

I think i have improved alot but be the jugde your selves

I went from this
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

To this (new stuff):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hope to keep you guys updated as much as i can i hope you guys think i improved :)

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 02:47:36 AM »
I like the improvement and the new painting style
Keep it up :D