March 29, 2024, 11:52:02 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: ike1440's gallery  (Read 3434 times)

ike1440

ike1440's gallery
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
I found this from two months ago. There are so many flaws and faults with this image that it's laughable. I don't know why I'm posting this next piece of "art," if you can even call it that. I hate this picture with a passion. I don't even know why I started coloring it!

I guess I want to see what kind of reaction I'll get to this piece of crap.

It's a character from a fanfic that I haven't started, by the way.

ike1440

Re: ike1440's gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »
You can completely ignore the last post. At first I was curious about what kind of reactions I'd get, but then it was just plain embarrassment. I decided to draw something new, though I don't like this one either. I gave it base color and started to shade it, but I said screw it and didn't finish. It's not worth the effort.

Well, here it is.

I really dislike this drawing, but I want feedback. I already know a bunch of anatomy problems are present, probably some I didn't notice too. Oh well. What sucks just sucks. On with the criticism.

P4

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:43:11 AM by user retired »

ike1440

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:04:58 AM »
This is a character from a story I've yet to begin. Actually, it's a fanfic of the video game Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. This woman here is Faith, and is a relative of Fayt Leingod. He's the protagonist of the game.

For those familiar with the game, why she is clad in more primitive armor is something you'd have to read to discover. It would be a long explanation.

I'm using the old Photoshop 6 because I can't afford the new versions.

Here's a new image I just made. I got a little lazy with the shading. There are a few anatomical flaws, but overall I think it turned out nice. The hands are way too small or maybe the head is too big. Not sure. Oh well. Tell me what you think.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 06:56:15 AM »
Well her breasts look wierd, and the shading doesn't help in those regions. Like you said her hands are too small, but also  and the shape of her arms aren't quite anatomically correct. It's an interesting colouring style though, and brave use of sharp lines. Never heard of the game.

One thing that's nagging me though, where did you get the background from?

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
I agree with Lego about her breasts. They're just too far apart. U should study female anatomy to make her look more feminine. When I started here, my females looked too manly, but someone suggested that I look at female anatomy, so I improved greatly. Trust me u will improve. Also, u should pay more attention to her face. It looks too manly. Infact I actually thought she was a man till I saw her breasts lol. For example, make her eyes wider and her face thinner. But overall its not bad, its actually good. Keep it up and keep posting ;)

Offline Roshon21

• I will obey your every command. ._.
  • "If I am a "Robot," do I eat metal."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »
Wow that's true....
Your woman anatomy does need work...

ike1440

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 12:47:40 AM »
The picture was CG image from the game I mentioned earlier, but I tweaked it in photoshop to make it look more like it was painted. I forgot to mention that. But one comment stands out in my mind. When you say an "interesting" coloring style, is that good or bad? Interesting is a rather ambiguous term.

As for anatomy, yes. I only started drawing bodies a few months ago, so it isn't hard to explain how horrible I am at it. Like I've said in another thread, I don't have the time or money to take classes. I'm left with what reading material I can obtain (which I have very little and can't afford more) and unhelpful online tutorials.

And Roshon, how about you tell me how I can *improve*, instead of more or less saying I'm bad at something? Or at least say something positive about the picture, something I did correctly. That would be more helpful than your blunt, critical statement. Thanks.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
Well my comment wasn't all negative, I said i liked the drawing overall ( like ur lining is good, the eyes are alined in a good way but just need to be bigger.. ). As for anatomy, u dont have to take classes for it. Just go to Google and type "female body", u will see lots of pictures. Try to pick the ones that show u female body parts like geometrical forms, for example her shape should be an hourglass shape, her joints are circles, etc.. Then try to draw them like that. At first dont pay any attention to detail, just try to get the outline at first. Once u perfect her figure, then add details, outfits, etc..
Thats what i did anyway ;) Just go look at the 4th image in my gallery, my female looked literally husky like a man lol. But after looking at female anatomy, i started getting it and she finally looked like a girl ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:51:12 AM by DBNext »

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
Um ike, roshon wasn't really talking down on your artwork. He just said you need work on your female anatomy which I don't think is a critical statement. Roshon is a cool person so I'm pretty sure he will elaborate on what you need to work on.

Also, this is a flame free website so you never have to worry about people talking down on your work. You will always get helpful criticism.

Nice artwork by the way. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:53:08 AM by Fronomenal »
Messatsu...

Offline Roshon21

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »
The picture was CG image from the game I mentioned earlier, but I tweaked it in photoshop to make it look more like it was painted. I forgot to mention that. But one comment stands out in my mind. When you say an "interesting" coloring style, is that good or bad? Interesting is a rather ambiguous term.

As for anatomy, yes. I only started drawing bodies a few months ago, so it isn't hard to explain how horrible I am at it. Like I've said in another thread, I don't have the time or money to take classes. I'm left with what reading material I can obtain (which I have very little and can't afford more) and unhelpful online tutorials.

And Roshon, how about you tell me how I can *improve*, instead of more or less saying I'm bad at something? Or at least say something positive about the picture, something I did correctly. That would be more helpful than your blunt, critical statement. Thanks.
Sorry if it sounded critical....but i dont put down...artwork i give correct criticism... ;D
But if your looking for help on your anatomy then id say draw from a reference with a more womanly figure...
That helps unlock the secrets to the woman body.... ;D

ike1440

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 02:43:44 AM »
Okay, so I got a few references and studied them for a while. However, I did not have them available when I made this next drawing. I was out and had some inspiration, so I took ten minutes to draw something quick, hence why it isn't finished.

I'm not expecting any kind of improvement since it was drawn so quickly. Actually, I expect the exact opposite. It usually takes me 45 to 60 minutes to draw a full body. And that's just the lineart. I'm only posting it really to see if the head and face look any better. I spotted a style I liked while perusing through online manga and decided to try and recreate it. I don't know who the original artist is, unfortunately.

Offline Roshon21

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:44 AM »
Looks Good
Your heading in the right direction... :thumbsup:

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 04:41:17 AM »
Wow that's an improvement  :clapping: . I see that u made her eyes bigger so now she looks more feminine, so good job on that. However her breasts need to be more aligned, maybe u could fix that in the finished version. Keep it up ;D