April 18, 2024, 08:54:03 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Small Gallery of Zeal  (Read 57202 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Gallery of Zeal
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »
Thanks a bunch for that Zeal it helps a tonne. Didn't know some of those guidelines at all. I have the same problem with 2d to 3d so i hope i can fix that.

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2013, 05:52:57 AM »
Oh my stars!! DOCTOR!!! Your pretty awesome!!! Definitely better than meh now :D  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P4

« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:43:11 PM by P4 »

Offline Minorin_Fumiko

• Professional procrastinator
  • Unreal
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »
 :ohmy: Wow you're getting really good!
Blehhh!

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2013, 04:51:41 AM »
Yikes! Thanks for all the comments, fellas!  :biggrin:

@Rojas - Good to see you back on the forum.

@Jack - Beats me, bud. Just a small want to draw girls and a little bit of practice, I suppose, is all it takes.

@suuper - You and me both. I look at each individual drawing as a problem to solve. The image is in there in my head, now I just have to figure out how to get it on the paper.  :glare: Not very good at problem-solving yet, but it's getting there...

@KagePen - Yup! While it pleases me to see you potentially using my work as reference material, I recommend finding better quality works than mine.  :blush: ... And, I'm not quite a master yet. Still got a long way to go. *zips up backpack prepared for the long haul*

@Ryan - Hey-o! Thanks. I do need to work on my lower legs now that I take a look at it... Good eye, Ryan. You have my appreciations!

@Lego - It's my pleasure.

@Aldrich - Master Aldrich, you flatter me too much!

@P4 - An exercise in being lazy, aye? I like 'em exercises. And it was my pleasure.

@Minori~n - Thanks! Still have a long way to go, but I'm catching up to some of our stars on the forum. Slowly... but surely. Catching back up to my rival, too!

Roshon, I ain't losin' to you yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiddy-bitty update. So many comments, and so little content to contribute in return. My apologies. I suppose this is merely to show that I'm continuing to draw, even if it's just a bit.

This exercise was originally supposed to be expression work with bald heads, and while they maintained their shaven looks, the space-sharing bodies that they sit upon weren't supposed to be there. Poor planning and semi-poor execution of a last-minute idea resulted in a mild collision from the two bodies. Oh well. It was for fun, and the original purpose had been accomplished. I care not enough to fix it for a more natural look.

With their bodies, they share a more grim tale now. Notice there, a small bar-code on the right girl's left arm. What kind of stories could spawn from that, I wonder? Nude, bald, and branded. Oh my...

---EDIT---

Jack's bloody .gif he wanted. I swear, drawing a single girl over making a four-framed .gif has to be easier. I think I let him off easy...

Ain't too shabby for a first try, but... Eugh.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:36:31 AM by Zealapeal »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2013, 06:52:40 AM »
a cute animation, good for a first try. when animating a character i have found its best to draw the guidelines for each frame first, then if it looks smooth enough then you can add the details, knowing that it will be a lot more smoother.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »
Haha i like that animation too.

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
Quick sketches and color tests for fun.
Nudity.

Spoiler

Other projects...

Sketches...

As usual with art:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:19:56 AM by Zealapeal »

Offline Savery10

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2013, 02:36:13 AM »
your good!!!!! :dance:

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »
Thanks, Savery! I still have a long way to go.

Not a lot of time to work. Only have two quick sketches to add up. Will get more finished and / or colored work done later. Considering making a few comic pages... Will also attempt to post more regularly.

Blink 182's "All The Small Things" also keeps running through my head.

"Work sucks,
"I know."

For those of you who missed the art dump, scroll up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:15:51 PM by Zealapeal »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
lol you made me scroll up again because i thought i had missed it :P

i have loved your style of proportions for anatomy for a while now, and it has helped me a lot with my own drawings.

it would be nice to see a comic page or two :P
although i cant go telling people to make theirs when im not going mine :P

also on the two nudes, the proportions seemed unusually off, were they older pieces of work, or did you do them very quickly?
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »
Heheh. Mind tricks~.

Style of proportions for anatomy, aye? I'm glad it helped you out in some way.

I'll see if I can get started on one. I'm super lazy about these though...

And on the two nudes, they were designed as color tests, so the line work is very quick by nature, and the anatomy wasn't scrutinized at all. You can see this in the line quality and how the lines aren't connected in most cases, or entire limbs are missing in line work (first nude, right upper arm is gone, merely colored).

Thanks for the interest in the gallery, suuper, it is always appreciated. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.  ;)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
oh ok, fair enough since it was a colouring test :P

yeah im super lazy as well, but ive noticed as my skill is getting better i am naturally trying out more poses and harder things to draw, so i think eventually a manga will just happen. thats the plan, not sure of its reliability :P

just one more question now that you mention it, what is your style based on, as in are there any artists/styles that heavily affected your style?
because the anatomy you draw is quite different (i think) from a lot of the other MR artists (not that theres anything wrong with that :P) and i was just curious.

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »
Hmm... A tricky question for me to answer, but one I have a definite answer to.

To put it into one phrase: I look up to no-one, and everyone.

What I mean by this is...

I sort through a lot of pictures a day. I enjoy pulling the ones that have a good artistic style or a good artistic foundation and put them in the folder, and their respective sub-folders. Often times, I won't use them for references at all (unless I really need assistance), but I'll go through from time to time and pick things that I like about particular photos and attempt to implement them in my own drawings (or just stare at 'em for fifteen minutes). In essence, this creates an odd concoction of mixed styles that creates my own.

For example, I struggled with hair for a tick, and saw a picture with some really kickass hair. Thus, the sketch of the girl holding her hat was primarily a sketch for the hair purely (the rest of the body was a tack-on). It's loose, and the lines don't make sense... but that's just how my mind was working as I was comprehending how to draw this new style. In the end, I figured I'd take some elements from it and adapt it with what I already have. It increased my understanding of how to draw hair, which is a big bonus, and I altered the way I draw a bit.

I do this with all sorts of styles and techniques. So, while I do favor some artists over others, I don't pull from them specifically. I just adapt to fit what I would want to draw.

I hope that made sense.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
lol i understand completely, i do almost the exact same thing myself :P
i go through a lot of tutorial sites and stuff, saving the pictures and references that look useful.
ive also started taking a lot more photos of stuff myself for reference that i will never use :P