September 19, 2019, 02:20:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Small Gallery of Zeal  (Read 23337 times)

Offline ilikedrawing68

• View Profile
Re: The Small Gallery of Zeal
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »
Aw I thought I had posted something here already and it seems like my computer didn't send the message. :/
First of all, your artwork is amazing, and I truly mean amazing, I'd love to be half as good as you are, and your drawings are really nice to look at.

I can't really comment on issues you might have because I can't see any... I'd have drawn the guy's arm a bit longer (third drawing from the bottom up) but I'm not sure about this because I read that smaller is cuter.

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 01:36:25 AM »
Alright, so quick little updating before I stop posting photos every day or so... I'm sure I can provide to be a minor annoyance, so my apologies if I am troublesome on the forum. Not forum savvy, not exactly sure if there are any unspoken guidelines that I'm breaking... Bear with me please, and tell me if I am bothersome - I'm still pretty excited that I found a drawing community for manga.

So, quick story time: I had this idea of, "Oh, look at all those pretty Touhou sketches of Kirisame Marisa! I should draw one too." I started to conceptualize - that funky new term I was gunna try out before I drew something for once. I started with silly little stick figures of her twirling the Master Spark around her finger like a key-chain, maybe having a gung-ho attitude while she did it; some pretty dumb conceptualizations. I started to play with the idea for a few minutes, and I remembered a lot of Japanese teenagers like to do the whole "peace sign" thing. So I'm like, "Alright, whatever, that's cute," and went with that idea.

Eventually, I thought, "Well, what's the face gunna be like?" I start drawing what I would make her face as. Soon, I drew some hair, and ended up somewhere down the line with a body... half cut off by the end of the page. I liked it, but it was late. Skip to next morning, being today. Fresh eyes, I still think its good. So I begin roughing out the "real drawing." I started with a stupid stick figure, got stuck, tried mixing stick figure with cylindrical body parts, couldn't get the Lord-loving arm to match up with the proper place near the face to do the peace sign, and ended up erasing the thing in a rage.

Sorry. No fun colored photo for you folks. Maybe in a week or two.

Anyways, the conceptualization page with a tinge of color - always loved the amber eyes she had, thought I'd mix a few colors to try making them:

Me, still wanting to draw, made a mannikin of myself throwing the pencil down in a little fit and having me get hit by that very same pencil. Needless to say, the (COUGH)ing mannikin looks better than my "real drawing" of Marisa. Practice box in the corner there...

I'll be raging in a corner. Enjoy. Critiques, criticisms, and comments are always appreciated as always.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »
Looks good though the girl's arm looks too skinny. And the guideline down there with the pencil seems like the arm isn't attached to the figure. Overall the body looks fine though.
I hate you ^_^

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
It's not that bad! Like Rojas said, the arm is too skinny. Keep practicing, that's the only way to improve! ^^

Offline Dranjo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »
You can copy really well. I'm sure the first five or so images you posted must have taken you a lot of time and patience. Good work there :)
The arms are indeed too skinny in the last two image you posted :P but good work on everything else. I do what you call conceptualizing too :) I use mini stuck figures to help me tangify the image I procure in my mind before I actually start drawing. Hope to see more work from you :D

Offline Roshon21

• I will obey your every command. ._.
  • "If I am a "Robot," do I eat metal."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
Wow thats really goode but like rojas said. thats the only thing that need improvement....  ;)
But overall nice work. :thumbsup:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
Nice guideline, but i feel the arc the pencil took was weird. Maybe if it was thrown down at a sharper angle?

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
Wakarimasen, Aldrich-sama!

What do these dancing figures and thumbs up mean?! Is not there more to it, teacher?!

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »
It means i'm happy to see your art. hehehehehe.  :biggrin:

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 02:17:23 AM »
Hokay.

I'm hoping to start a small project in the future called, "The Two Sides of Me". The basic concept is an imaginary division of the two sides of my brain ("How self-absorbed!"), a male side and a female side, and the adventures that occur because of that. Being an imaginary division, people will see the real "me," but I will see the other, female side of me - and so will the people reading the short, one-page comics I will hopefully post up should I see this through! Hurrah!

It'll give me something to work on and consistently see progress with when I practice and apply.

Current concept art for the male side is below. Notes are in red. The eyes look a little funny to me, being that they look middle-aged. Any way to make them look younger, or any reference material I can practice with for that? --- Then again, they could be fine as-is.

Point out as many errors as you can in this; I don't take offense to it, so go nuts. I really want to make the character models good-looking.

Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: That "headband" is a beanie, by the way.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:59:21 AM by Zealapeal »

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 02:50:08 AM »
I think his eyes look fine (though the placement seems a bit off), just add his hair if your giving him some and it'll be fine. His left hand (right side of paper) is a bit small. His right hand (left side of paper) seems disconnected from the arm. The shirt seems too starch and actually now that I look at it, his arms don't correspond. His elbows are at different heights, put your arms in a position like that and look at your elbows. Your elbows are the same height right? His should be too. The hair shouldn't really be under the head band.
I hate you ^_^

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 03:09:49 AM »
^ Headband is a beanie... I'll find a way to make it look like one. Really good catch with the arms and elbows - I will correct that immediately! I'll find a way to duct-tape that hand from the back.

Shirt is starch due to the fact I didn't want to add too much detail for a 'rough.' Perhaps I should?  :-\

As for eye placement: Up, down, left, right, redrawn?

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
Tip: Boys Hands should be as large as the head or just a bit smaller. Girls are have smaller hands to give a cuter look.

It's pretty cool. So that guy thinks he's a girl?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:40:21 AM by AldrichCrescent »

Offline ilikedrawing68

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 07:56:33 AM »
I love the eyes, but they look more shoujo, you're right. Death Note's characters have scary/ serious-looking eyes, maybe you should look at those eyes.  :D