March 29, 2024, 01:10:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: WRITING SURVIVAL!!!  (Read 139112 times)

Offline StoryTeller

• Writing too fast may affect quality.
    • View Profile
WRITING SURVIVAL!!!
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
So yeah, the artists have their own SURVIAL!!!!! thread, why shouldn't we? Let's all improve with that great idea and adapt it to writing, shall we?

Here are the rules!
  • After posting your first paragraph, you must at least submit one paragraph/day.
  • If you forget to write 1 day, you die. However, you may only lose after having posted your 10th paragraph.
  • Punishment for losing is to participate in 1 of the workshops previously created.
  • You may be excused from writing if you have a good reason (Traveling, medical condition, etc.)
  • Writing on weekends is optional, everyone is entitled to their social life on the weekends.
  • Writing on the weekends will award you 1 Token, please keep track of how many tokens you have. When making a post on the weekends, write WEEKEND POST before the paragraph
  • You can use 1 Token to be excused from writing for 1 day.
  • The paragraphs can be written in Script or Narrative form

Good luck! Write on! (I won't start mine right now.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:42:27 AM by legomaestro »
Check out my stories!Project Right
Ghost Gift

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: WRITING SURVIAL!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
oh lord. this could get tedious. might try it. don't know. maybe once i get jonesing on a new story

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
I think I will try it and write random short stories. Either that or I will continue one long story one paragraph at a time here. I'll have a post later.

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
So... it will be in any form right? Narrative or in Script?

Offline StoryTeller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
It doesn't matter, some write their stories in script others in narrative. Should add that to the rules.
Ghost Gift

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »
I knew this could happen. I was thinking of it too but to be honest i was a bit scared >.>

Any chance we can write the paragraphs for our own stories and direct you to that thread? or should it all be original writing?

Anyhow, i do like writing Flash Fiction so i guess it's okay to write original stories.

I'll see if i can manage this. This could really, really, improve our writing over time. Great idea ST!

Offline StoryTeller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
Don't thank me, thank Nexuun for the original Idea, anyhoo...
I guess it couldn't hurt to write your stuff here and then put on your chapters, as long as there's a paragraph a day here. at least.

Paragraph #1: Writing survival start!

Having created the WRITING SURVIAL thread I felt a small feeling of accomplishment, maybe because it was my first workshop, but nonetheless, I couldn't stop pondering. "Is anyone actually going to work on this? Or will it be just a fluke?" That feeling of uneasiness took me over and it depressed me. "I can participate at least" I think to myself as if it'd be of any consolation. "Well... Someone has to do it." So I took it to myself to begin this. Hoping others will soon join me, I write my first paragraph. Paragraphception!
Ghost Gift

Offline Marche'

• MAD NERD
  • Slow is better than stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
Hummm... Look like I have some new reference and inspiration for whatever characters on this topic which I can draw for ART SURVIVAL.  :sure:

[Pen Tablet [Status Dead]]

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
Heh some luck, this bastard thinks he's better than me. I quickly reload my pistol. I have always been one of the fastest now it's time to prove it. Hunched behind the shattered brick wall I lean out to the side. My perception of everything is fuzzy except the target is pure. In one swift movement I aim the pistol in and he already has his sights on me. Damn it!

BANG!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
Coryn hit the ground running, well there wasn't really any other options for hitting the ground at that point, nothing logical anyways. Considering the one thousand screaming tribal warriors and all however, he figured it really wasn't time to put too much though into the subject. Oh, did you forget to mention the tribe of cannibals you just pissed off? Guess so.

going to make a thing just for this.  now as long as i remember to keep participating. things should go smoothly

Offline takahashi

• keep writing untill you cant write anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
The girl stood still as she saw the boy massacre every body in the alley the boy who looked only 12 or 11 stood with sword in hand and blood all over his body.His eyes where cold and unaffected by what he had just done his face and hair covered in blood but he didn't seem to care  he looked at the girl and as his eyes met hers she became paralyzed.Her body became hot her throat was burning she started to sweat the smell of blood was making her dizzy even though the boy was small in stature his aura was that of a beast .The boy started to walk towards the girl and for every foot step he took her heart would race faster she thought to her self am i gonna die.The boy kept walking in her direction and when he was close enough to touch her tears started flowing down the girls eyes but she made no sound as if her body was saying good bye to her soul but the boy didn't stop walking he walked right past her with out even looking back.The girl fell to her knees  she couldn't move couldn't scream she couldn't even think all she did was cry without making  a sound.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
The dead floating nanites made a speckled cloud in the distance. The girl walked around the dark technomutation of a city, passing under all sorts of metal archways and cables. She kept the sphere safe in her rucksack, and her enhanced cyborg vision easily picked out her destination one hundred kilometres away: Pire Station - 09Condolences.

Soon her journey would be over. She couldn't quite believe it. No amount of interference could stop her from delivering the sphere now. She had faced down The Cyclop Ensemble and won. Her left hand suddenly fell off.  It sparked blue electricity weakly and she looked at it for a while with a considering glance. Her decision made, she turned to face the near yet distant tower again, and continued walking.

@ Coryn haha, man, this is great. I get to see some sneak peaks of coryn in action

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »
@taka- lot's of run on sentences, and you should work on breaking up her thoughts and the actions being describe. good start though. keep it up.

@lego-interesting. i seem to recognize what you're describing slightly <.<

and yeh. some Coryn action. though i think it will be a bit more light hearted than usual.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Oh yeah you did reach the big moment didn't you? Man that arcs was badazz.
And wow after reading DBHS i may have accidentally made it look like that. Funny story though: I wrote this before i read that. Huh. The collective psychic powers of MR are growing.
It's from Pitch Black though.

@ All haha, it occured to me that maybe we should be sharing our thoughts on the paragraphs when they come out. It does seem a bit lonely and quiet without commenting on eachothers.

@ ST Haha interesting. A bit too many commas in the beginning though. They make the sentence choppy. Generally it's a good idea to make a new paragraph for dialogue so it's not cocooned like that. And on the content of the paragraph itself, don't worry. This workshop seems pretty fun!

@ Rojas Haha, whoever that was he isn't as cool as he thinks he is. Seemed a little slow on the return fire thing. You should probably use "'but' he already had his sights on me" instead of and. Anyhow, i'll use logic: He's describing the story, therefore he is alive!

@ takahashi yes what coryn said. Interesting concept and scene, but you really need to use full-stops and commas to slow it down, otherwise it reads like one long sentence. I wonder what story this is from?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
Ducking behind a tree, Coryn had hoped to conceal himself long enough to double back to the city and grab his stuff, but quickly realized what never worked in the movies wasn't about to work now. Not so much because they would find him, but because the ground at his feet was giving way. Tumbling into the murky river Coryn sank like a brick, because as it turns out swimming with your hands tied isn't as easy as one might expect. As he pulled his legs in close to his chest so he could slip his arms around them however, Coryn noticed distinct movement ahead of him in the water. At first it subtle, but quickly intensified, and that was when he knew that a school of piranhas was keyed into his location. He opened his mouth to spout off a quick one liner, but only got a mouth full of water.

"Glub glub....."