March 29, 2024, 12:55:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Society X - The Re-do? Seeking bits of assistance with description, etc.  (Read 5260 times)

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
Re: Society X - The Re-do? Seeking bits of assistance with description, etc.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 10:55:21 PM »
Long story short - yes... more in-depth descriptions and guidance.

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
Re: Society X - The Re-do? Seeking bits of assistance with description, etc.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2021, 11:54:02 PM »
CHAPTER 2

1.0: Krun struggles, slamming down on the creature’s arm to loosen its grip – to no avail. I need to free myself! The Rykon lets out a deep growl as it tightens its grip. Two ice-infused energy balls hit the Rykon on its free shoulder. The blasts shatter into shards, they have no affect. Krun sees the red glow of the creature’s eye shift in the direction of the blast. Krun shifts his free eye in that direction as well. In the distance are two Neytoc scouts. “Did nothing to it!” One says. “Then let’s try something else!” The other shouts back. Krun hears an ominous hum coming from the Rykon’s eye, he looks over and sees the Rykon turning its head in the direction of the scouts. It’s gathering energy! “Run – get away!” Krun strains and attempts to wave off the scouts - the Rykons grip prevents his words from being heard. Energy gathered, the humming ceases. In an instant a beam of energy shoots from the eye of the Rykon. The force is enough to crack the ground around Krun and the Rykon. From the Scouts’ perspective, a brief glimmer precedes a ground-shaking attack. The intensity brings one of them to a knee. “Wha-“ The other is left speechless as he sees the blast closing in on them. “Put up a barrier!” He shouts at his peer as he himself extends his arms forward to create one. The peer sees the blast and obliges. The combined barrier does nothing – the blast rips through and destroys the scouts. An explosion marking their end.

1.1: “No!” Krun yells. He raises an arm at the Rykon to release a quick blast while its attention is diverted. The beast reacts instantaneously, swinging its body in the direction it’s looking as it slams Krun to the ground. The impact momentarily takes the breath from Krun, he gasps, his eyes widen, and his arms go limp. This is overwhelming. I need a moment… As the Rykon goes to lift Krun, it’s interrupted by a slash. Yinayo appears in between Krun and Rykon, an ice spear in hand as the creatures’ arm is severed just below the elbow. The spear transfigures into energy as Yinayo turns toward the Rykon and slams it in the chest with the energy, sending it crashing away.

1.2: Krun frees himself from the arm, tossing it to the side. He’s kneeling, one arm on the ground, the other pressing his communicator, “Meet at the ship.” He stands up, looking at Yinayo who has his back to him. “How did you prevent the consequences of abandoning your pledge?” He asks as he walks over to Yinayo’s side. Yinayo points at the Rykon, who is getting to its feet. “A compromise. I prevent that from killing you and I’m given back control of my body.” The Rykon stands, a dent in its chest from the impact of Yinayo’s attack.

1.3: “Together we can kill it.” Yinayo proclaims. “Perhaps.” Krun responds. He places his hand on Yinayo’s shoulder. A surge of energy rushes through Yinayo’s body, causing him to collapse to the ground, unconscious. “Too much at risk to find out.” Krun says as Yinayo is lifted by icy winds. “Yinayo will be arriving soon. The coordinates are already entered. Place him in the ship and see that it leaves immediately.”

1.4: Krun eyes the Rykon, stoic expression. No more surprises. Blackish aura emerges around Krun’s body. He charges forward. The Rykon follows suit. The beast swings at Krun, who ducks underneath the attack and counters with a knee to its jaw. Krun lands on the Rykon’s shoulders, bringing his hands together as he does so. He sledgehammers down on the crown of the Rykon’s head, forcing it to a knee. Krun conjures energy in his hand and places it on the Rykon’s shoulder as he goes to leap off. The Rykon reacts quickly, grabbing a hold of Krun’s leg. The beast jumps in the air from its kneeling position, slamming Krun into the ground. Krun clenches his fist – making the energy on the Rykon’s shoulder explode. This allows Krun to free his leg and get back on his feet. Krun extends both arms toward the Rykon, he yells with intensity as rectangular pillars of ice come from the ground and slam in to the Rykon. The attack knocks the beast on its back. Krun doesn’t hesitate, he gathers energy in his hands and positions himself on the Rykon’s damaged chest. He aims down and preps to release his energy when he hears the familiar hum from the eye of the beast. He manages to get his hands up in time to release his energy and meet the beam of energy that erupts from the Rykon’s eye. The collision of the blasts causes an explosion that knocks Krun back. He goes flying in to one of the small hills littering the area.

1.5: Yinayo is being placed in the ship by the scouts as Nilka looks on. The explosion startles her. She looks out towards the battle and sees the smoke that surrounds it. “He’s ready!” One of the scouts proclaims. “Good.” Nilka responds. “Get the ship airborne in the next minute.” She says as she steps outside. All that’s transpired is bound to attract more of those beasts here at any moment. She looks toward the cockpit and sees Yinayo. There’s so much she wants to say – she wants to run back in and hold her son, but she understands that he must leave. She places her hands on her chest and closes her eyes as she walks away. He won’t fail.

1.6: The Rykon looks in the direction of the hill Krun crashed in to. One of its horns has broken off. The ship in the air catches its attention. The Rykon turns to look at the ship and aims its half-severed arm at it. A decrepit-looking extension of its arm starts regenerating and heading towards the ship. The arm continues to extend, gaining ground. Nilka can’t see the Rykon because of the lingering smoke but sees the arm extending toward the ship. “This can’t be –“

1.7: The extended arm has a fully regenerated hand. The palm is open, closing in on the ship when its momentum is halted due to it being severed at the wrist. As the hand and arm begin to fall, a small hole opens in the palm and shoots a black, goo-like substance that manages to latch on to the ship as it escapes. The Rykon is unfazed as its extended arm falls limp to the ground. It watches as Krun lands – his signature bladed ice tonfas in each hand. “You’re both intriguing and disgusting.” Krun says. He crosses his arms and brings them close to his chest. The ground rumbles as liquid-like aura gathers around Krun. “You’ve outgrown your welcome, Rykon.” The swelling of energy distorts the area as Krun rushes the Rykon – a blur about to collide with its target.

1.8: Yinayo awakens with a jolt. He’s guarded as he surveys his surroundings, thinking back to the final moments he remembers. H-how did I get here? Where’s my mother? Krun… !!! Yinayo anxiously presses his communicator, “Lord Krun, mother – anyone?” The ship is travelling fast, Yinayo sees nothing but the streaks of light through the cockpit window. The ship log! Yinayo navigates a screen located in between the two front seats of the ship. He finds what he’s looking for and is shocked. “I’ve been traveling for almost a day?! What did Krun do to me?” Yinayo presses his comm piece again, “This is Yinayo, can anyone hear me?” No response. Yinayo takes a deep breath and slumps in his chair. Did they survive? Time Skip images – Yinayo meditates, checks his comms, checks the ship log. The travel time changes on the log from 1 day to 3, then from 3 to 5 – finally resting at 7. A message pops up on the screen, “Approaching Destination.” Yinayo, who is meditating, opens his eyes. He stands and walks to the front to look out the cockpit window. The ship settles on an uninhabited tropical island. Krun steps out and feels the crunch of twigs, dirt and grass under his feet. He walks to the edge of the island, observing everything around him as he does – placing his hands on the trees, reacting to the sounds of hidden animals. He reaches the edge, a small beach. He steps on the sand and is intrigued by its texture. He kneels and grabs some in his hand, watching as it seeps through the gaps of his grip. It’s warm here. Textures – so much variety. If not for my suit, my senses would have been overloaded. Yinayo looks out toward the ocean. In the distance, a few miles out, is the silhouette of a metropolitan city – with a massive building towering over the rest. Yinayo gives a subtle nod to himself, That’s where I’ll start. Unbeknownst to Yinayo, behind him is the black goo-like substance discreetly makes its way through the sand and into the water.

CHAPTER END