December 09, 2018, 04:27:47 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Origin Stories!  (Read 11478 times)

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
Re: Origin Stories!
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »

Well yeah, not exactly with what you actually wrote, because I understood all that. I'm more so confused with how it relates to this topic in particular if you get what I mean.

This, basically.  Got to keep the posts on-topic HaKhan, and to be honest the whole Wowl thing is starting to get a little spammy. Might be better to keep that pitch in one consolidated post rather than bombarding the forum with it.

Offline HaKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
ok not sure I understood the post here or the topic. maybe will reread later.

P.S. there is no spam to Wowls this is a bonafide unicorn killer.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:32:01 PM by HaKhan »

Offline HaKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
"well if you're here reading this you've probably got a good sense of the MR Canon. if you don't i would seek out the guide located in the general manga writer's discussion board. or follow this link.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,4437.0.html

Right. if you haven't guessed at it yet. This is a topic for Raider Origin stories. How you came to be here. There are of course stipulations. According to MR canon (prime verse at least. specify if you're writing for a different verse), we raiders and all other internet users are born on the net. So keep that in mind, we weren't sucked in through our computer screens. but don't let it constrain you horribly. For the most part everything is free game. MR is bordered by the infinite number of dimensions the multiverse theory allows. so the setting you come from is basically up to you. just remember that upon arrival at MR you're still a newb no matter where you came from.

For plot draw on your previous experiences on the net. you're goals, aspirations and challenges before joining MR. Think about when you first arrived here. What was going on, who welcomed you, how you felt about it all. and make sure it's accurate for what actually happened. don't forget who joined around the same time as you or members who have since left but made an impression on you.

just post your chapters here as they come out and i'll organize the stories right here. if you have any questions you want to ask feel free. remember this is for everyone who want's to participate. all forms of medium will be accepted. be it writing to full manga."

Umm so what do you want?

I was explaining how I came to be here with background in coding what is spammy about that?

I guess I am not an animator I don't come from animation background but have deep craft and literature with my own custom tools.

Study up on tech companies that are successful the name brand and storyline are more than 50% animation is a small factor.

I already got maybe 5 good portfolios from posting 1 or 2x on deviant art so I can always go there.

Not sure why I have to post 25x and wait 2 weeks to meet the talent and then get called out as spammy for talking about my brand in the 25 posts.

I found this site searching for 'anime artists wanted'

Should I talk about Naruto?

You can be sure there is no spam this is legit branding bringing over 60 yrs experience at the top inventions marketing company to the table along with credible military intelligence about nuclear weapons development that you will never hear about in the news.

If you want some pussycats with their mediocre animation themes playing it small, by all means, scare the dedicated marketers away.

If you want an animation theme that will destroy silicon valley unicorn marketing theme like a nuclear bomb, and define a new generation, Wowls is the key.

It is obvious to me that 99% of animators have no handle on branding strategy.

Otherwise I would not here so many accusations of spam about a domain name worth a fortune that took extremely serious craft to discover.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
This is a topic for actual prose HaKhan. For stories set within the framework of a shared universe that we've built. Not for rants about animator quality.

And as I've said to you before. This is a forum for people who are looking to learn. Not a farm for talent. The post rule is to keep people from rushing right in to that kind of nonsense, and getting them to actually contribute to the community. We are not a platform simply for promoting your brand. There are plenty of other sites for that sort of thing.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »
-Log 127
My research over the years has led me to numerous, life changing discoveries regarding the advancement of genetic engineering. Surely, the field of such science is a tricky one, and I am positive  that I am one of the few scientist aggressively pursing the endeavor (Though to be fair, with the Net as a whole still under the process of forming itself, I doubt that there are many scientist conducting hard research on the subject when there’s so many other areas of this universe that are worth investing interest in). Then again, I wouldn’t give myself too much credit. After all, I do have an extreme amount of luck on my side, in the form of a special device; a device that I named my entire cooperation after, no less.

The Mugen Device is such a fascinating machine. To this day I am still flabbergasted by the concept of a small alien device possessing the function of storing and streaming infinite amounts of data from different universes and dimensions that are not even apart of my own timeline. I am convinced that it was crafted by the gods themselves. My assistant, Melissa, shares my sentiment as well.

Mostly, the data I collected from the Mugen device was transferred to a virtual interface of my creation, where I could monitor the streamed data in real time. I was shocked by my findings. Beings from entirely different worlds interacting with one another, growing and evolving right before my very eyes. The sight gave me a peculiar idea. Would it be at all possible to give these holographic beings sentience in my own world? Needless to say, I wasted no time in realizing that hypothesis.

Spam models (Particularly their egg samples) were the first mediums utilized in my tests. I figured I could alter their embryo programming to be compatible with the data of the holograms being copied over, and upon hatching, the spam model would resemble that of the virtual holographic subject. Unfortunately, I was met with disappointing results, as the core data of the spam were loaded with far too many viruses to be compatible, resulting in deformed creations that were certainly not ideal.

My failure with using spam led to me the idea of instead using guest spectres as a base. Surprisingly, I was met with moderate success. Thanks to the spectres’ formless design, I was easily able to alter their  programming to not only to copy the holograms’ physical shape and overall appearance, but some of their basic personality traits as well. Over time, my method of doing this improved efficiently, and after many experiments I was able create an abundance of near perfect replicas of many different holograms.

Still, while proud of my of work, I couldn’t shake the nagging feeling that was hinting at an even more ambitious theory that would later follow. While it’s magnificent that I’ve been able to copy and paste the features and traits of a Virtual Hologram to a mere guest spectre, the end result itself is rather lackluster to say the least. Sure, they look and talk like the beings they replicate, however, they are still, more or less, AIs’  lacking the identity and free will owned by their original counterparts. To be a bit more accurate, they’re robots in a sense, and creating a legion of super powered robots is not my intention.

This leads me to my current project, which is essentially based around the idea of somehow creating my very own Virtual Hologram and eventually give it sentience. Instead of a simple Copy and paste, I will program the data with some basic A.I that closely resembles the brain processing of an average human and plant that data in a generic world within the virtual interface. From there, I will set the AI to simply react on it’s own accord to a series of ongoing codes and mathematical formulas setup within that generic universe, and monitor it over time to see how it develops. In a way, I would be watching a child of my own grow up on it’s own in a foreign world. Of course, it won’t be truly alone, for I’ll be sure to be present to program any adjustments to its journey along the way.

Unfortunately, it won’t be a completely original creation per se, since I’ll still be using the data of a hologram streamed from the Mugen device as a base. After all, I have yet to develop a proper method of creating a hologram from scratch. Luckily, the Mugen device has recently presented me with some interesting data from a couple different worlds that I’m currently looking into. One of them in particular is a universe where the beings there have rather dark skin and humongous round afros. Apparently, these special beings possess the power of hair manipulation, however, judging from what I’ve seen of them so far, there’s a deeper magic they possess that’s far more complicated than the concept of spawning simple hair tendrils.

Out of all the worlds I’ve studied over the years, they are definitely the most unique race of individuals I’ve come across thus far. I’ll be looking into them further.

Author's Comments
Consider this a start...

Also, I tried to get all scientific with the language I guess, and since science is not my forte, I'm pretty sure the writing suffered as a result.

Eh, I'll get better with it by the next one...

Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »
Interesting! It's a neat idea you've got going on here, and it's cool to see some perspective from someone else on the (presumably early?) Net. I guess we've never really gotten into it, but MR Canon definitely seems to start a while i to the Net's history (seeing as society has already established itself again, and since Net time moves at such a quicker rate than our own (slightly meta)). But yeah, a whole race of Fros... that'd be a sight to see. Although without further information, I can only do the logical thing, and assume they all look exactly like you, except for the women, who looked exactly like you except they have lipstick on (joking, of course).

To comment on your science talk: I don't know if you're getting I to some actual AI theory there, but it does still read like star trem techobabble. That being said, I thought it sounded convincing enough from that side of things. What I would say though, is that the manner you've written it in is just too... literate?

The speaker sounds like they're talking to an audience. Like they know the camera is on them and it's all a movie. Or like they're talking to reporters or something. If it was an actual journal, they wouldn't be giving so much back story and test results all at once like this. More likely, we'd be getting shorter, dryer entries. Clear and concise are the name of the game in all science writing in real life. You want to convey as much information as possible, as quickly as possible, and as clearly as possible. In theory you're doing this to look back on and collate later. So there can be no saying "what did I mean by that?" When the time comes.

So what I would do, would have a log about the discovery and naming. One for the company name. One for each experiment. It would also be cool to throw in some world building. Stuff like "Record 78: Record Deleted", "Record 16: Abject failure. Three deaths. Line of inquiry titled 'Recovery' ordered abandoned by section chief.", or other little tidbits that build narrative.

Again, just some thoughts. You do you on this. Scientific writing is boring on purpose, so it can be hard to make it interesting for a story. Good luck on the next entry!

(On a side note, if you could give an overall label to these logs, it'll make later categorization that much easier  ;) )

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
Yeah I had a feeling I may have been gave a bit too much backstory in that log. I wrote it as if the speaker was writing in a diary, and I'm positive that my own style of writing an average diary bled too much into this. Generally, when I write a personal journal, I talk as if I'm actually speaking to someone, which is why this turned out like this. I gotta take myself out of this to make this work, and look at some examples of scientific journal writing while I'm at it. As you say, short and concise. Short and concise.

I was thinking of adding a dates to the logs to give a sense of time. The thing is though, I'm unsure of how early i'm even thinking here. And there's the concept of time with the Net in general that has to be taken into consideration. Oh well, all can be solved with more planning. I really gotta start plotting things out more on paper before I jump into actual writing.

And and yeah, a race full of Fros definitely wouldn't look alike lol. That would just look absolutely insane. Too much for me to handle visually.   

Next Logs should be accompanied with an actual chapter. Also, I have a feeling i'm gonna be on and off with this, since I know this is gonna be an extremely long one. So don't expect updates on the regular.
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about that dating issue as well, since I'm about to fix up the timeline in the guide. I think i'm going to go with the final fantasy (whatever number it was) method where it was set in like, XX07. So that way you can read it and still get the sense of when things happened relative to the real world, but we don't have to put in anything further.