December 09, 2019, 03:44:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: SKETCH SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!  (Read 88066 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: SKETCH SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1365 on: December 12, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 13, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »
oh leg this one look fantastic  :clapping:havent post on sketch survival cause im sketching on paper hah srry

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 14, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »
They're traced! Definitely not any of my ability. But I'm hoping to learn a little patience and see if drawing freehand with mspaint reduces or removes the ability to make a drawing look kawaii or bad haha.

Anyhows, here's more.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 23, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »
Oh what''s this? Sounds good but I doubt I'll have the time :-/ great stuff in here, I love seeing sketchies!

@lego: btw, did I ever tell you, when I first started drawing, my dad told me to start by tracing. It's a perfectly good way to get a feeling for what you are doing!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline AldrichCrescent

• Mad Genius
  • I'm a Genius!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 04, 2019, 03:06:07 AM »
Ohh Lego.. nice outlines. Tho... why are there some grey lines?  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline mangadude

• hey *princess wave*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 13, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
Hey this sounds like fun I might posting
https://www.deviantart.com/elexiceoh/gallery/?catpath=/
my artwork i have made over the years.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 02, 2019, 04:48:42 PM »
guess who is pulling out all the stops.....XD

I've decided to do a sketch a day as an extra kinda of smoothing out of my skills and a bit of a productivity challenge
I'm playing with the quality to keep the time about 15 minutes, or less if possible. I doubt I will colour these so I'm adding some monochrome colouring and shading.

Plus my current workflow doesn't always produce something that I can show for it at the end of a 2 hour session sometimes, so it's nice to have a thing to say I did this today.

I'm also staying well within my comfort zone to keep the stress low and to keep it from becoming a serious 2 hour project, as I have enough of those already :P

I don't know how useful this will be or if I'll be able to keep it up, but might as well try.
My old record was 243, so I've got myself to beat as well. Also can you believe it's been 5 years since I last did this......5 whole years. Wow. That's like 1/16 of my life.

Day 1:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:01:28 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 03, 2019, 03:47:39 AM »
Day 2:
It takes about 1/4 of the sketch time to actually shade.

Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 03, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
Holy heck suuper you hit that many days? Might as well join in the fun.

Maybe I should jump into the writing survival workshop too.

Oh gawd 5 years ago. Don't mention such figures to me, and to think we're entering 2020. Damn.

I really like Day 2. Your expressions are approaching the kawaii as heck continuum. Clothing as always is on point.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 03, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »
Haha yeah back then it was one of my better patches, but I really didn't make much progress as I wasn't really focused on what I was doing. I was kinda doing the right stuff, studies, sketches and so on, but not really piecing it all together. maybe I was and it's just taken this long to finally collate :P

And thanks. I doubt you'll find me not drawing a cute girl in this thread as I'll be staying firmly in my comfort zone.

And awesome day 1 from you!
2 characters and a background no less :P

Let's break some records :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 03, 2019, 04:54:07 PM »
Comfort zones are the secret to a productive life. I think this sketch survival will only work (for me at least) if the drawings are typical and iterative.

I will most definitely 'cheat' by posting a doodle that I did in class or something... Just to make sure I get something in heheheh.

Thanks suuper.

We pierce the heavens.

Or at least our keyboards.

All shenanigans aside, is it possible to healthily implement learning into something as demanding as a 'sketch everyday' workshop? Ideally, I'd love to think that I could do my regimens by being forced to draw something every day, but I'm not sure.... What are your thoughts?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 04, 2019, 01:15:47 AM »
Well I currently draw for an hour+ each day, so naturally I can fit in quite a bit. I normally do 30 minutes of studies first to warm up, and then some WIPs mostly, finishing off with the daily sketch.
But to implement learning into a single sketch such as the ones on this thread......hmmmmmmm
Maybe find some writing prompts, like the Inktober Prompts here. There's 4 years of backlog so there's 120 prompts. So you are forced to be a a bit more creative, hence the learning. You could write your own on a theme or decide each week you will draw 7 sketches on a certain theme, like if you wanted to learn animals, do dogs for 7 days, then cats, then horses etc.
I'm probably going the 1000x route on that one, and write my own 1000 prompts first haha

But it certainly does feel like cheating when you stay in your comfort zone haha

EDIT: Day 3
Went wrong quite early on and I couldn't fix it.
I'm playing with patterns a bit more as a way to hide the fact that the clothes are pretty much the same on every character. But I think that reflects real life rather well if you look closely. Colour and patterns are a lot more diverse than clothing structure, especially for casual normal clothes.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:39:04 AM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 05, 2019, 02:39:43 AM »
Day 4: was slightly affected by the Jojo pose I had just drawn. I guess that's how inspiration and the finite mind work.
Bit annoyed by the mistakes but it's a quick sketch so that can't be helped.
I get the feeling these are all going in my WIP queue anyway haha.

also, took 21 minutes which is way too long, trying to keep under 15 minutes.

Also my routine is getting pretty sorted now for the mornings which is great.

I also have a stupid 44 open canvasses now, although a few are misc or catch-alls of no particular genre. I'm trying not to confuse "themes" with "genres", although where one draws the line is rather personal preference I think.

Also I have been avoiding drawing manga because it's outside of my comfort zone (needs a lot of effort and poses, expressions, backgrounds etc) but I wonder what would happen if I actively avoided drawing things I didn't want to draw - i.e. a "comfort zone" manga. we'll just leave that thought there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:24:12 AM by suuper-san »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 05, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »
You know what, suuper? Ignore all my big talk. Definitely need to stick in my comfort zone if I'm to get anywhere

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 06, 2019, 02:31:48 AM »
@lego glad to see you're still in the game, you had me worried for a minute there :P
lovely character and nice manga page. All a lot less sketchy than normal, which makes it look a lot more complete.
but true, it's hard to mix learning and productivity as it makes it mentally harder, and so you tend to avoid it more XD

Day 5: my sketch time increases even more. Wondering where I can kill the detail in the undersketch.
Pretty pleased with this one, quite possibly one of my cutest ever characters.

I'm also wondering what to do when I go on holiday etc to keep the flow going, I know that there's an allowance in the rules, but really I want to keep it up for my own sake.
Also, I'll have over 300 cute sketches by the end of next year, in addition to my other stuff :P That's incentive to keep drawing if anything :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:29:05 AM by suuper-san »