February 23, 2020, 03:22:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: SKETCH SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!  (Read 96405 times)

Offline suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: SKETCH SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1410 on: December 22, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
Day 21: 3 week marker! feeling really out of it for a couple of days now. Just about drawing above 1 hour a day.
not caring certainly increased the speed at which I can draw, or rather, reduced the threshold for quality control :P

I love cute ballet girls so much, and generally "beautiful dancing" is among my top artistic things. But I've not had the skill to even attempt it before, so it's a bit of a wishlist sketch today. First of MANY.
arms went wrong tho. I realised that I need to work a bit more on arms and legs again.
also couldn't get the skirt as fluffy as I wanted I wanted so just went with a sort of normal style.
seriously contemplating starting a manga, maybe when I hit 2 months+ daily sketch I'll know I've got the dedication back to manage it, and then switch the daily sketch to a manga page, or do it in addition, which is more ideal.
Also my writing is going nicely for incredibly small beginnings. stay tuned!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:20:30 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 23, 2019, 05:05:51 PM »
Day 22: almost forgot which would have been awful :P
Did a lot of decorating and all the major jobs are now complete!
I feel like I'm in someone else's bedroom haha

Artwise I noticed that some old bad habits are starting to creep back in, need to strengthen my core skills again.
Still haven't done as much drawing as I would have liked but not feeling as rubbish as I did the last couple of days.

Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 24, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
Day 23: tried some more foreshortening. its hard :P
My 7 day average is about an hour and a half because of having a busy week but it's pulling up again with today, and hopefully I won't have too many upsets to my schedule, especially in the mornings.
Amazing how now anything less than 2 hours a day is "low output". Looks like I've leveled up in my expectations again :P

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 25, 2019, 04:06:59 AM »
Day 24: Turned out alright. I've already done 3 hours drawing today so I'm feeling on fire :P
going to try a bit more writing practice today, I hope :P

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 25, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »
Good streak Suuper! Does anyone know what the record number of days for this thing is? I want to see a record smashes!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 26, 2019, 12:33:29 PM »
Thanks! It's good endurance practice for me :)
As far as I know, I hold the record myself at 243 days before mysteriously disappearing, the last post on that is here
But most people didn't count their days, and just posted, and it's a huge thread to search for anyone that did longer haha.
And no worries I'm in it to beat it of course. I don't have a plan to ever stop :P

Day 25: possibly one of my worst so far.
I'm super tired and I haven't drawn anything else today. Spending a ton of time with the family since I'm off work and we haven't really had the chance to relax since my nan died, so unwinding quite a bit.

But the quality isn't sooo bad, so I'm glad my base level has improved a little.
Really I'm trying to raise my lowest level so I can draw while I don't feel like it, because writing a long story or manga will require hard work even when I'm not in the groove. So this is all practice. Or something.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 01:50:12 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 26, 2019, 02:24:38 PM »
That's definitely the way to think about it though. We are only as good as our lowest point. It's that which dictates our level of consistency. You can never fall below ground level, so to speak. So if you build your house on top of a mountain, you'll never fall that far.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 26, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
Yeah it's a sort of a way I measure my progress, not by the best pieces I produce, but the worst pieces I produce.
It's easy enough to make a good drawing though random fluke (one that is much better than your normal), but to NOT make a bad one by fluke, that's true skill.
at least that's one of the ways of measuring skill XD
Anyone can roll a Nat 20, but to never roll a Nat 1, that's my apsiration.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 27, 2019, 04:37:09 PM »
well, guess I'm out.
my PC is down for the count so I have no way to even upload anything i did draw, which i didnt, and no drivers are working, not even my internet, so I cant fix anything. It's been a horrible waste of a day. i dont even know how I'm going to fix it
and I'm ill with a cold from my mum which is a pretty awful cold.
I knew it wasn't going to be plain sailing but it's been hell. I'm angry at myself for trying to do it now :/
I think tomorrow I'm just going to try and put it all back and never try it again, ever.

I think I'm going to lay low until my cold blows over and my PC is back up running. Bit annoyed but if you average my productivity over the last 3 weeks it's still larger than the previous 6 so I can do nothing for a week and I'm still more productive haha
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 03:49:50 PM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 31, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »
The probably-not-so-mysterious disappearance of Lego continues....

Well I'm still ill , but back in the game, mostly. Cold symptoms all over the place and stuff but I'm drawing again which is great. plus my PC is back to how it was before trying to make it faster so that'll teach me.

Day 1: got a head start on the new year. I was really not wanting to start on 1/1/20 because then it feels like a new year thing, which it isn't.
it turned out alright. I'm working in my comfort zone for these so I'm not expecting great sketches, but they shouldn't be too bad either I hope.
I really like how the wannabe lace edging worked out. got grand ideas for that, watch this space :P
also I seem to be stuck in 3/4 view for my sketches. better than front, I guess XD

Really I fell out of the survival because of stress from the failing harddrive, not because of lack of time or anything. So I've got to keep a handle on my emotions if I'm to keep it up the whole year.

I couldn't sleep last night and wrote a 1500 word plan for improving my WIP workflow, analyzing each level of quality and how to maintain the level.

I suppose these daily sketches of mine all being in the same style is really my first proper style, perhaps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:57:17 AM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 01, 2020, 01:21:24 PM »
Day 2:
writing 2020 is just as hard as writing a zero before my ones :P
remind me to not put foreshortening into my quick sketches.....it's a real pain XD
Also if you ever draw a checker pattern, make the squares large, not small. You'll thank me later :P

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 01, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
Already off to a good start! I haven't looked at your work in a while, the improvement since I last saw it is very noticable. The shading and proportions are great, the day 1 sketch looks fantastic! Day 2 as well, with her actually remarkably well drawn knees.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 01, 2020, 04:20:48 PM »
thanks Manimal!
it makes a change doing a sketch from start to finish as I'm always working on my WIPs and don't really have anything to show for it :P
The knees ended up being darker shaded as the shade was fighting with the checker tights colour and I couldn't get it to look normal XD
I've also been studying knees so I'm trying to add a bit more realisticness when I draw them :)

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 02, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
Day 3:
I love ponchos.
Hands and stuff aren't great, but I'm trying to not go back and fix stuff unless it's absolutely awful.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 03, 2020, 04:55:02 PM »
Day 4: meh. absolutely exhausted and still ill but recovering. I suddenly because super tired and couldn't be bothered to do anything but managed to pull off the daily sketch because "blow it if I have to start from 1 again"

On slightly better news, I managed to pull off the first stage of my masterpiece sketch plan. Playing with controlling the quality and what should happen where at the moment, but working with my favorite sketches which I saved for this very purpose really helps.

Also lately I'm tilting my head when drawing up to about 45 degrees without noticing, which leads to some serious tilt. Gotta pay attention to my posture, both for art and for me haha.