March 29, 2024, 12:48:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: My First Three (:  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Nixxiie

• HAIII
    • View Profile
My First Three (:
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
This was the first one I've ever drawn. It was copied from a step by step book I have.

One:

This was my second Attempt. I find it really hard to get eyes to match :|

Number Three. After a year's break I started again. My boyfriend picked the colour scheme for this. (And I still struggle with eyes)

All of them have been coloured with colouring pencils.

Any feedback would be brilliant :D Thanks and enjoy!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.- Dr Seuss.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: My First Three (:
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
you're definitely at a good starting place. you're lines are very clean and the shading on the hair is well done. i'd suggest trying out some different angles but i'll leave it to the more experienced members to say more

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »
Alright i'm just gonna go over the most obvious problems in your drawings. The necks are too wide. Generally, the necks on girls are thin and slender to make them look cute 8)
Secondly, the chins/jawlines are too wide or aren't correct when compared to the rest of the head  :confused:
These are problems that will go away if you are diligent with practicing  :biggrin:

It looks as if you're using a pen; i'd suggest using pencils for planning out the structures first.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
Thanks for posting your drawings ! First one looks great and second and third has little errors which Nexuun. But the Big fact is you are on right track ! Little bit more practice and your skills will get perfect !

But then comes the harder parts. Drawing full body characters. It can become a real pain getting all limbs and poses all correct but it can be done. ( I'm still working on it too  > < )

Check our Drawing workshops and why don't you take part those too ? xD