December 11, 2017, 11:34:56 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: !inspiration! N stuff.  (Read 846 times)

Offline K-otic_SpacedMan

• View Profile
!inspiration! N stuff.
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
over the past few years ive come up with many ideas 4 new manga, they all abit different but most of them come from the inspiration i get from watchin/readin anime/manga. well the ones that inspire my stories the most are, ofcourse naruto, bleach, and a few others. since ive been on M.R. ive read some more manga and got more inspiration and ideas. id would just like to kno wat inspires the lot of u 2 do wat y'all do. like wat manga or anime or story ect. inspired ur stories N stuff.

Offline K-otic_SpacedMan

• View Profile
Re: !inspiration! N stuff.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »
 :ohmy: k just realized i put this topic in the wrong place, srry. still feel free to reply, i guess

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
ima just move it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:41 PM »
Well generally only the artwork from manga inspire me. I, however, usually take note of commonly used themes, and the storytelling techniques manga use...that makes manga interesting. I'll just put some sort of image in my head, it may or not be inspired by any manga I've read, and I just start typing away. Well just recently I've kind of been a bit inspired by the movie "World of the Apes" to create a jungle-themed manga, haven't really gotten any work on that yet done though :P.

It also depends on the type of story as well. For something post-apocalyptic(something I'd done recently), I had the current world affairs as inspiration. And then there's the subject of similar themes in manga, but different portrayal. It's alright to take ideas and themes from other stories, but it's important to add your own originality, creativity, and style to the story. For example...you don't want people to easily be able to tell "This story feels too much like Naruto or Bleach." If i wanted to take the concept of "death gods" from Bleach or Death Note i'd make it so that there wasn't any organization in their society, that they were actually the antagonists, and that angels were trying to hunt them down...something like that :P... And if I were to use the concept of "ninjas" from Naruto, I'd make it so that the society was lead by a bunch of corporate baddies and the ninjas would settle with a corporation and go steal intel from other corporations. Of course that means the drawings of the ninjas will also have to be different. More dark clothings, more seinen(mature-like) and stealth-emphasized, and of course they wouldn't wear their corporation name on a headband like if they were from Naruto....

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
I'd definately say bleach. I get inspiration very closely from that manga, i watch how the author draws his things and tells his story.

For me to use my inspiration i have to wait a little while to clear the things i've watched/read from my head before writing to avoid copying directly from what inspired me.

Music is always a great, great way to inspire yourself. Try downloading the Original Sound Tracks for your favorite manga characters or manga.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
I'm inspired by everything. Well not literally you know. I mean i'm not going to write the next great american novel from an idea i got looking at my pencil erasor. but you see my point. I can look at just about anything out there and derive some sort of meaning that could be used in a story. but i pick up things from other fictional works, history, the sciences, music, and just odd daily activities.

as for other stories that inspire me. Bleach definitely helped me refine my battle system. DBZ helped a lot too. which they're pretty similar of course. But both helped. studying the classical story themes helped a lot too. And i took a leaf out of george lucas' book. (back from the original trilogy anyways) It's that you cant constrict yourself on how many themes, character types, ideas, or plot types that you can include in your story. the more you add without tripping all over yourself, the more robust and interesting your story will be. as this meme i just made tells us.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »
Dammit your answer is better than mine. Anyhoo. I'll right-click-save this meme