April 18, 2024, 04:27:15 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: NSFW Ryan's Revived Sketchbook  (Read 69760 times)

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Ryan's Sketchbook Dump (Includes nudity now...)
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Yeah sure, I'm up for 10 1 min ones. I'll make sure to use pixelovely as well.
Thanks for the awesome response guys. I'll address all of you individually on my next update with drawings(estimated tonight).

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
@nairbons: hah man, thanks. Your advice helps, don't be afraid to give it. It helps to not only hear what I'm telling myself I'm doing wrong, but what others can see as well. I'll make sure to watch the proportions!
@Zeal: Thanks again, for it all. It was, after all, you who gave me the final push to start up a more serious schedule again. Thank you Q_Q.
@lego: Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing about the demons as well. After rotting in my own design sense I realized I needed to start using existing designs from nature!

Anatomy+drawing from life.Self portrait+studies, drawing of a lamp.
And 60 sec gesture drawings from pixelovely.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:31:17 PM by Ryan »

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »
It just looks more and more realistic... pretty soon your drawings will start walking off the page
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
Ach i'm so stupid i forgot to do my own challenge T-T. I'll post mine up soon.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
I'm separating my dump into two different posts, just so I can organize everything easier for uploading.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »
Here's the rest. Some concepts I have to upload for my class(haha). Anatomy studies+sketches.
Oh, and value study of two apples, from a photo.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
wow thats a lot of work!
i like the gesture drawings, they are full of energy!
if i may offer a bit of advice, on most of the pencil drawings, your figures tend to look really smudged. i dont know if thats your style of shading or just because you lean on your drawings like i do a lot, but i think they would look better if you had sharper outlines and shaded reigons that are shaded not smudged. hope i explained myself clearly :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »
A general 'good stuff' as usual from me. I'm a bit bothered by the thickness of the pencil though, are you used to using it like that or...?  I love the gesture drawings the lines there are direct and to the point.

I think i'd like to see some winged demons for some reason. Good stuff ryan!!!

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
@suuper:
Hey, thanks for visiting my stuff again. The smudges are most likely due to my carelessness. And this batch of posts I focused more on my line work, so if you can see any difference, I would appreciate your feedback. Though, I'll be leaving value behind a little for now(they tend to hide my mistakes in other areas).

@lego: I use primarily wooden pencils for drawing now, and sometimes my pencils don't have a good edge to draw crisp lines. I will try to take better care of my pencils. And thanks for the compliment about the gesture drawings. Hopefully, my line economy in my gestures will continue to improve. And winged demons, haha? Maybe, my friend. We'll see.

Also, more critique and advice will be very much appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:29:55 AM by Ryan »

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2013, 05:31:40 AM »
"[5/11/2013 9:46:48 PM] Ryan: i look forward to your post tomorrow morning, mike"

You clever, word-playing bastard...
But I respect good word-play.

I merely do not have time to cover all the things I want to cover (time crept up on me). But first, let me start out with... Great continuations. You're working hard as usual, and it brings me great pleasure to continue to see you working hard.

I wasn't able to comment on your last batch of drawings, but the value apples were fantastic, and your imagination with the demons, dragons, and deathly-ill dogs hasn't faded, which is good. With this recent batch, page eight's (5-2-13, top) hand was great. The thumb's clean lines are good, and the various contours of the hand and fingers were clearly defined. On that same hand, I would suggest rechecking the tip of the index finger, and perhaps straightening it out a bit. But, that's merely a suggestion on an already great drawing.

Keep up your anatomy studies. Page nine's (5-2-13, bottom) anatomy studies seemed pretty spot on, particularly the back and the upper neck. Keep in mind, however, that the muscles of the arm (and of everywhere else) are not "edgy" but rounded and organic. But, those are minor details...

On with my two red-linings, which are more like red-colored comments, ah?

Spoiler

For the first "red-lining," I figured it was easier to comment on them with words on a drawing page rather than words on a forum post, if you know what I mean. For the second one, a decent amount of your figures are running into the same problem. Too wide-spread feet and awkwardly placed knees.

You have to keep in mind that the knee will often follow a straight line down the middle of the foot. If you are sitting, try this: Stick your leg out, be it your left or right. Plant your heel on the ground, and point your toes up to the ceiling as much as you can. In this position, rotate your foot to the left or the right using your heel as a pivot, as if a hand on a clock. Your knee will follow the middle of your foot regardless. Now hold your knee with your hands, and attempt the same exercise. You'll notice your foot has extremely little maneuvering room, perhaps a five to seven degree spread left or right, without the knee following suite.

Too wide-spread feet is also an issue. There are three positions from which humans hold themselves with their feet. The first is the feet are pointed straight forward, which some consider the "ideal." The second is "pigeon-toed," or the feet pointed inwards toward the center of the body. The third is a wide stance, in which the toes are pointed outward from the center of the body. The extreme "naturals" that people will hold themselves in for the last two are, going from the center of the body, 80 degrees outward and 35 degrees inward.

Now, a wide-spread position has a lot of leeway. There are natural positions that allow for a 90* spread with perfect comfort, and these often look a lot like "L" shapes, which can vary greatly. You'll find a lot of girls hold themselves in an "L" shape with their feet when standing still, particularly when discussing amongst themselves. Fighters often kick with a foot behind them, which will often be parallel to the kicking foot, usually at a 70-90* angle from the center of the body, depending on the range and type of kick.

Next time you find a gaggle of girls gobbing away amongst themselves, check out how some of them stand to see what I mean.

Keep in mind that, when they stand, they will often have a balancing leg, with the leg performing the outward angling bent and off-center.

If you're going to have your figures stand with a wide-spread, be sure to keep it under 80* for a natural stance, otherwise, their balance will have to shift to compensate for the load.

... Anyways, that was my anatomical two cents for the night. If you want me to take another look at 'em sometime and cover more topics, just hit me up on Skype. Gotta hit the sack in the mean time. Learning to sew tomorrow, and it's nearing 3 AM...  :glare:

Keep up the good work, bud.  :biggrin:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
@zeal i think i might start using that method of helping people improve, it seems much faster than writing out what i mean when i can just draw over and annotate their art directly.

iver been noticing quite a few people missing out hands, something i found useful is getting one pose right for hands like just waving or something, then if you dont want to do anything, you can just use a pose you are used to doing, it maketh the drawing more complete. then as you gain more experience you can create more variety from memory and imagination :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
@suuper: thanks, yeah. Hands are something I've been dying to work more on.

@zeal: thank you for your helpful post, once again.

I still have some things from a week ago to upload, but I'll make a post with recent stuff.

female warrior wip sketch; trying to figure things out with this one. Will aim for something of a more polished/refined quality by the end of the week.

head drawing with emphasis on construction. I'm happy with it right now so I'll leave it how it is.

Offline Roshon21

• I will obey your every command. ._.
  • "If I am a "Robot," do I eat metal."
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
Nice to see your artt still going strong.... keep up the good work.....^.^

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
I concur! Great stuff Ryan

O.O At Zeals massive post.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

Drew a girl, inspired by something in my inspiration folder(http://i1.pixiv.net/img35/img/sheepxxx/18553606_m.jpg)