June 20, 2019, 11:10:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: NSFW Ryan's Revived Sketchbook  (Read 24936 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Sketchbook dump
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
good job! the hair looks nice and the lines around the eyes work very well! just try to keep your lines as clean as possible and the effect will be even better.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »

Here's Lancelot Albion. A good friend of mine wanted me to draw this, and I decided to do it today :P. Some errors here and there, heheh.

Offline Sade

• GARBAGE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
Mecha!!  Very cool, I like how you're trying out different styles and drawing different types of people/things.  The more you practice drawing everything, the better you'll get as an artist.  Hope to see more!

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »

Did this one today at school. Took me around an hour or so.
Huh, it looks much better resized.

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
I love the way the mask looks! Also it seems you've improved on your faces. And your handwriting, I envy you 0_0
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Lol haha, writing in caps is easy though :P

Offline secretsoda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

Wow man, you're really getting good fast.  That drawing is awesome, way better than anything I can do.  You drew it at school?  Does that mean you did it from scratch?  That would be even more impressive.

Oh, and what kind of pencils and stuff do you use?  I bought some of the pencils that the pros use a while ago, but I really prefer to use a plain old mechanical one.  I hate sharpening!  >:(

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

Wow man, you're really getting good fast.  That drawing is awesome, way better than anything I can do.  You drew it at school?  Does that mean you did it from scratch?  That would be even more impressive.

Oh, and what kind of pencils and stuff do you use?  I bought some of the pencils that the pros use a while ago, but I really prefer to use a plain old mechanical one.  I hate sharpening!  >:(

Hah no I wish I did that from scratch, it's just a reproduction :P. I used a regular Ticonderoga #2 pencil and a .7mm #2 crap BiC mechanical pencil. I'm going to try and get a Pentel P205 .5mm mech pencil, if I remember correctly that's what it's called. I bring in a volume of shonen jump to work from at school, haha. Makes me look like a doofus when I draw from it but whatever heheh :P. It works for me because it gives me time to draw during a studyhall(45 minutes), during lunch(I skip and go to my friend's studyhall, another 45 minutes, or I wind up playing cards with him). I do just little non-referenced doodles sometimes though when nothing important in class is going on :P. For copying just try to focus on the relationships between the lines; that's what I can say. Although, I find that drawing manga upside down is pretty difficult mainly because you need really good perception of space and relationships between lines to do that. I did some upside down drawings today and the results were...okay...you need to really go slowly or you'll mess it up.

Offline secretsoda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
Yeah, my old driving instructor used to tell me that practice doesn't make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.  Sometimes when I'm not in my drawing mode I'll get careless and rush, never turns out well.

For me, starting is the hardest part.  I tend to procrastinate doing things I actually like for some reason.  I'll put off drawing all day sometimes for no reason, but when I finally start I get in the zone and it's pretty fun.  I don't know whats wrong with me.   ;D  I feel like I need someone to keep me accountable.

So, I guess you use the standard pencil for shading and the mechanical one for the rest?  I've been using a crappy .7 mechanical pencil too.  I have a 2B, 4B, and 2H, but I don't really know how to use them. 

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
Yeah, my old driving instructor used to tell me that practice doesn't make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.  Sometimes when I'm not in my drawing mode I'll get careless and rush, never turns out well.

For me, starting is the hardest part.  I tend to procrastinate doing things I actually like for some reason.  I'll put off drawing all day sometimes for no reason, but when I finally start I get in the zone and it's pretty fun.  I don't know whats wrong with me.   ;D  I feel like I need someone to keep me accountable.

So, I guess you use the standard pencil for shading and the mechanical one for the rest?  I've been using a crappy .7 mechanical pencil too.  I have a 2B, 4B, and 2H, but I don't really know how to use them.

I copied down a scale of the pencil thicknesses before in my sketchbook. I'll tell you now, in order from darker to lighter: 9B 8B 7B 6B 5B 4B 3B 2B B HB F H 2H 3H 4H. I actually think i use my normal pencil for sketching and the mechanical for shading and darkening the final lines. And I should REALLY get back to using my 2H for doing the beginning sketching. Always sketch with H pencils, and then ink/do the final lines with B pencils, because they're darker. If you join the mangaraiders skype chat I'll gladly give you drawing assignments heheh *grins.* Just PM me your skype name and I'll add you in to the conversation group. And I understand your procrastination problems, but the root of mine is that I get caught up with doing homework, but I don't want to do homework, so I browse this forum, lol :P.

Offline secretsoda

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »
I just PMed you.  I can't wait for my assignments! lol.

Oh, and don't even get me started on homework.  I can't keep up with my homework at all!  In fact, you just reminded me that I have psychology work due, so thanks.

I guess I'll see you on the chat.  :D

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »

It's a work in progress; gotta finish the rest of the body and then ink that as well. Heh, my inking is horrid haha. This guy's from Rosario Vampire.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
New dump from a week or something like that.

Offline Sade

• GARBAGE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »
Lots of practice, I see!  Good job, and I like how it seems you're drawing more naturally.  You're also drawing all kinds of poses/angles.  I love your Bleach drawings!

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
Vegetaaaa!!!!