April 26, 2018, 04:56:35 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Origin Stories!  (Read 9299 times)

Offline mangadude

• hey *princess wave*
    • View Profile
Re: Origin Stories!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
next week i get the week off from school so im going to start my finale draft of the manga this weekend

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
coolio. cant wait to read it. really need to get on this myself. too much to do...

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »
And me. I need to finish off my shambling origin story, but then i'll write my true lego origin after that, as promised.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »
THREE - Welcome to MangaRaiders

The Tower was situated more or less at the centre of the city, and it made for an interesting walk for Legomaestro.

It was a huge city indeed. It was almost as if it grew as he walked. Which, he would find out later, was true.
Innocent and wide roads turned off into distances that defied all logic. Dark shadowy corners and light and bright streets mingled with eachother effortlessly, their meaning only understood by the ones who lived here.

This, added to the shimmering glass on the skyscrapers and the reflected skyline and the noise was all... surreal, but in a good way. Legomaestro's black covering shook a moment, disturbed a moment at the idea of personality that lived within the city. So far Lego had only needed this simple cloak in his travels, but this place promised expression as a way of life. At this rate he would need to shed it soon...

The MR Tower was gigantic, towering hundreds of metres into the air with a steepness that seemed to rival any other sky scraper around. It looked like a huge spinning top balanced on a long spindle. The main hub was wide and foreboding, with a gentle but clearly huge dome of glass above it.

Lego chuckled to himself: this was what a true skyscraper was suppsed to look like. It seemed impossible that it didn't sway as high as it stood. It's metallic featurless walls revealed nothing. It looked very technological, but seemed to hold an inner beauty as well, like a cocoon of a butterfly, or like a dozing lion... Legomaestro shook his head and continued walking.

He finally passed through the various security checks, all of whom seemed to have huge red button's on their consoles that depicted a white hammer symbol... They were however friendly enough, and waved him through the last glass sliding doors. The airconditioning engulfed him, and he was in the building.

The hall was compact and entirely rectangular. There was always the transparent ceiling and the huge windows at opposite ends of the corridor, but it was a very long walk to either side of it. The corridor was made up of glossy cream tiles, and on the walls the portraits of the gods and goddesses of anime and manga looked down at him as he walked.

As of now he had finally discarded his cloak: when signing his details the black formless cloak had finally given in and now he had a template uniform that was military-like with orange lapels and silver-gray material. It was actually quite a bit flashy, but somehow still mundane... basic... He didn't notice the hundreds of rules plastered on the back of the shirt, and he threw away the form that explained how exactly he should arrive on the scene. He felt he didn't need it. He stepped into a completely white room and finally...

"Introduce yourself!"

He was in the void. The one you step into before as you announce yourself to any city or community. He was so used to it he began instantly without even truly waiting to be told to begin.

"Ahem-

My name is Legomaestro. That is, Rex Takeshi Shiruba, and i'm here to perfect my warrior arts and find kindred souls interested in it. I also seek a new home away from the ones that have either abandoned me or me them, and generally i want to know this amazing place better. I thought it was a desert, but it looks like there's something different in the air here. Something new."

He straightened up his uniform, and the remaining black colour of his cloak seemed to be seeping into it.

Lego saluted "Yo!!!!!"

The white room fragmented to reveal that he was on top of the tower, people cheered, "Welcome To MangaRaiders!" With practiced voices. It seemed to be a custom to welcome any new comer ethusiastically.

It wasn't a gigantic crowd, but it was quite a cast.

One with stubble sitting on a crate of chilled ciders waved ethusiastically at legomaestro. He shared the crate with another character, proudly wearing a loli themed shirt.

One of them, deserving especially a lot of attention, was a ninja with a silver headband. Two words came to Legomaestro at his sight: Mysterious. Powerful. This was Hasith, one of the co-creators of the city.

Another sat with practiced ease, her leg folded and a giant pen resting on her shoulder. She managed to make it look light and easy to do.

Another with blonde hair waved simply, swords at his side.

"Hey people."

"Hey."

"Yo."

"Welcome, Takeshi."

"So... what do we call him?"

Pretty obvious, right? It'll be Maestro Legomaestro grinned to himself.

"I think we'll call you lego." The blonde haired one said.

Lego smiled a fake smile not happening. Nuh-uh. I'm Maestro. Sooner or later i'll get that.

With the general introductions done, Lego got basic advice and acquanted himself with some of the members, and then finally he was given his residency details, and it was finished. He was now a member of MR.

Lego watched as all the members alternatively teleported or jumped off the building. He stared in shock and climbed down the tower slowly, "I'll be sure to show these people one or two things... This is the greatest. I can't wait to show them what i have!" he encouraged himself.

He started his long journey, recorded in bits and pieces across the vast impossible world of the net. Or was it reality? Before I sink into philosophical undertones, i'll tell you what happened first: Legomaestro, contrary to his wishes, got the nickname 'lego' instead of 'maestro'.

Contrary to his expectations, he wasn't the best writer around. it was a new experience to him, to feel like competing with people. His art was sub-par. His skills still needed work.

Contrary to his expectations, people could actually be kind and inviting in this wide vast world.

Contrary to his expectations, MangaRaiders was an awesome place.

END.

~ I'll work on what i feel would be a true MR Origins story. It'll be like MR Origins: Legomaestro if you catch my drift. Not the actual introduction to MR City, but the back story of my character.

I'll try to polish this one up to make it less allegorical, since I feel it gets a little confusing that way, so we'll see. I'm just glad i actually produced something.

Hope you liked it. Hope you got some of what i was trying to convey in the story.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 01:05:33 AM »
Neat finish. Odd way you invisiond MR tower. but i guess to each his own. course i feel like its one of those things we shouldn't ever try to express strictly in canon. just leaving it as being this grandious in scale sky scraper, standing above the rest. should be different for everybody. cause everyone imagines perfection differently.

as for the welcoming commity i'm guessing  toasty, kite, hasith, doodle and myself? i have to admit the welcome topics seem a bit cheesy when viewed from a strict translation to a physical world. always imagined it myself like when ulquiorra and yami show back up in aizens throne room at the beginning of the arrancar arc. with everybody sitting in shadow. though a bit more silly

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »
Haha i hear you. I can barely look at my topic anymore. You noticed i didn't post my link on it... >.>

You were right on all counts but toasty. That was supposed to be rob, but i have no idea how to physically describe him so i used the crate of ciders thing.

Really glad it was neat enough and not just down-right terrible. To be honest this is one heck of a workshop IMO. You need to balance the whole mr canon thing properly and stuff. It feels great to be finished with it though.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
yeh. definitely need to get on this one myself. shouldn't be too hard i think. i already have a pretty clear picture of how i'm going to go about it. just need to get to it. though i've got a lot of free time today since i only work 7-11 tonight. so i think i might get on it if i have some time prior.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:31:25 PM by Coryn Sken »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »
coolio

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 12:30:42 PM »
Rise my creation! Rise and be reborn!

*ahem* I just completely forgot about this thing. Sorry 'bout that. But we've got a new set of raiders now so I figure we could make a showing of it.

Maybe it'll inspire me to write my own too.

Please refer to the first post for instructions. just made a tiny adjustment to account for universe numbering but otherwise it's all still the same old song and dance.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
I'll need to rewrite mine

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
I'll need to rewrite mine

I need to write my first one to which I've aptly named the first chapter "Reboot".

EDIT: And thus I have underestimated my powers of procrastination. Here's chapter 1 of my semi-origin story. It's more about my return to MR than my first time since, you know, I don't have access to that account. It's like a character reboot in a comic therefore the name.

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X7CFlJK0z4
I was actually surprised at the parallels between the MR universe and this.

Spoiler
LittRL

Chapter 1 — Reboot

Long, long ago there was a man capable of great things, he stood toe and toe with even the greatest beings known to MR. He was there for the birth of the Guardians, he was there during the rise and fall of many great comrades, and he many times he was there when no one else was. But one day…he vanished. Without a word this man disappeared from all of MR leaving only his legacy behind wiping even his name from the books.
   It has only been of recent rumors that his return has been confirmed.

“How are things going?” LittRL asks Coryn as he works under a mecha in the middle of the city like it was some sort of car.
   “Little busy.” Coryn says clanking away at the underbelly of the metal man.
   “Looks like it.” LittRL comments examining the mecha up close. “Is this thing an Ed-Al relationship where you make your younger brother bigger than you?”
   “What?” Coryn says. “How is this thing my brother?”
   “I though all robots were related.” LittRL looks up into the unpowered eye of the mech.
   “That’s stupid.”
   “I guess so.” LittRL knocks on the mecha.
   The mecha begins to shake and it falls on top of Coryn, flattening him into the ground.
   “Gah! Help me out of here!” Coryn says, though imagine it more muffled by metal and dirt.
   LittRL walks away from the scene looking innocent and unaware of his actions. He strolls along the streets of MR nodding to the occasional passing member while going to no particular place. With little traffic in the city peace and quiet become an abundant commodity making the walk a soothing form of meditation.
   “Hi.” MR-tan greets LittRL by chance encounter.
   LittRL looks MR-tan up and town with analytical eyes with a hmm the entire time.
   “W-what is it?” MR-tan blushes as she turns at an angle to hide behind herself.
   “You’ve changed.” LittRL says halting his examination.
   “Is that bad?”
   “No, I think you look nice.” LittRL says looking in MR-tan’s direction but somehow not at her. “Just...different.” He walks past MR-tan without a farewell leaving her to think on his comment. His walk shows no signs of ending as he looks at the city along the way with the eyes of a critiquing child.
   It isn’t until he reaches the edge of the city that he stops before the invisible borders. The plains hear the howl of an unhindered wind but within the barrier nothing from the outside steps a single step into MR without permission.
   “What are you doing?” Hasith appears suddenly near LittRL but he isn’t surprised, with the new implementation of in-city fast travel walking was more of a time filler than anything.
   “Just getting a good look at the new city.” LittRL says turning to face the admin.
   “For the eighth time.” Hasith says. “Isn’t it about time you found a better use of your time?”
   “Like what?” LittRL asks.
   “Join the Science Division, get a job working part-time at the Pub, or maybe just train for the always impending dangers to MR City and its residents.”
   “Coryn has things handled in that department and why work when we don’t even have a currency system?” Excuses LittRL makes.
   “Then get stronger. You aren’t the Hero you were before you left.” Hasith says with his serious face though only about half ever really showed.
   “If training and hard work made you a Hero we wouldn’t have to fight in the first place.” LittRL responds.
   “No, a Hero is made by the fire burning in his soul.” Hasith brings his fist to his chest like a salute. “What happened to your flame, Litt?”
   “It’s LittRL now.” He replies walking away.
   “How did it go?” Lego appears behind Hasith.
   “Not well.” Hasith replies watching LittRL become an ant in the distance. “He doesn’t have any desire to return to his old self.”
   “He’ll get there.” Lego says hopeful. “If not, why did he bother coming back at all?”
   “I don’t know….” Hasith says. “By the way, what does the RL stand for?”
   “You didn’t ask?”
   “No, I got caught up in the moment.”
   “Huh…”
   Both of the authorities of MR remain there pondering what the RL could stand for.

LittRL sits silently in the city park, leaning back on one of the cushioned benches while starting up at the augmented sky. Clouds cumulous pass by slowly as if they were there on a calm day with a light breeze.
   ‘None of this is real.’ LittRL tells himself. ‘None of it.’
   “How is it not real?” Writer-tan pipes up from behind LittRL.
   “Huh?” LittRL says wondering if Writer-tan got telepathy recently.
   “You were talking to yourself.” Writer-tan says sitting down on the bench next to LittRL. “Like a crazy person.”
   “Crazy?” LittRL says to himself immediately realizing the irony. “Yeah, I’m crazy.” He laughs a little.
   “You didn’t answer me.” Writer-tan says.
   “Right.” LittRL looks back up to the sky. “How is this not real.” He begins. “It’s all programmed, this world is made up of data so how could any of it be considered real when it’s all just artificial?” He rubs the sole of his shoe on the grass.
   “What is real, then?” Writer-tan asks.
   “I’m not sure.” LittRL admits. “When I left MR I returned to the endless ocean of data disembodied and lost. The only reason I returned was probably because I was tired of having no place to call home.”
   “Ocean of data?” Writer repeats the excerpt unfamiliar with it.
   “That’s right.” LittRL says in realization. “You were created too so you wouldn’t know.”
   “Know what?”
   “The ‘Net’, our world, is like an endless universe so places like MR would be like planets or stars. Anything between other planets or stars is space, though instead of a vacuum with some dust it’s filled with data either unused or junk. There is the exception of us though, the Sentience: shapeless minds with no inherent abilities besides self-awareness and thinking, that is, until we find a place to house our thoughts and give us form.”
   “He?h.” Writer-tan sounds in amazement.
   “You didn’t understand any of that, did you?”
   “Nope.” Writer-tan smiles.
   LittRL sighs but finds Writer-tan’s smile infectious as he grins himself.
   “I guess it doesn’t matter if this is real or not, what matters is that we live here.” LittRL pats Writer-tan on the head. “I can’t believe you’re already three years old.”
   “Hehe.” Writer-tan sounds proudly.
   “It’s about time I grew up as well.” LittRL resolves.

In the underground base of MR (one of many) LittRL’s footsteps create a metallic echo in unison with MR-tan’s in front, leading him, Writer-tan in tow shuffling carefully behind him. They all walk along a narrow pathway, the only thing between them and the oblivion below, leading to a center platform. The room is completely white, the wall, the platform, the abyss itself seemed to have a light tint to its dark presence. On arrival to the platform Writer-tan’s legs give out from the tense fear of falling into the abyss being the only thing that kept her up.
   “Are you sure you want to do this?” MR-tan asks in a tone completely destroying her previous image.
   “I’m the only one who can.” LittRL replies.
   “If this if what you want then I can’t stop you.” MR-tan reaches out her arm making a holographic screen appear. She moves some of the boxes in it around stopping when she comes across one reading [Account Disabled]. She turns to LittRL for confirmation, he nods. She hits the box and a loud hissing sound occurs along with the appearance of steam outline a circle in the center of the platform.
   Slowly a giant stasis chamber arises revealing a mostly broken down (not decayed) body wrapped in a cloak. It floats lifelessly in the unknown fluid yet LittRL looks at it as if it were alive.
   “Since you tried to erase yourself from history your old vessel ended up like this.” MR-tan says looking in at the body with a sad look on her face. “The security measures, as well as Hasith, decided to interrupt the process midway to preserve your memory. The best they could do was slow it down so ever since you left it’s been deleting itself bit by bit.”
   “Good thing I got here before it all disappeared then.”
   “What you’re planning on doing…” MR-tan says. “It hasn’t been attempted before, you could end up being deleted along with your former self.”
   “That’s fine.”
   “Are you sure you want to continue?”
   “I said it’s fine.” LittRL says sure of himself. “I wouldn’t have come here otherwise.”
   MR-tan takes a short pause but then taps on the glass of the chamber. The walls lower intot he ground and the liquid evaporates immediately upon contact with the air. The body remains still and floating weightlessly in the same spot.
   “It’s time to return.” LittRL says to the body. “For both of us.” He reaches towards the body placing his hand on its chest to which it immediately disappears leaving only the cloak behind to fall into his hand.
   “Assimilation success.” MR-tan says with relief.
   LittRL looks at the cloak in his hand and holds it tight.
   “Good for you, Litt.” Writer-tan says relieves as well and standing after calming down.
   “It’s LittRL.” LittRL says with his eyes still on the cloak.
   “What does the RL stand for?”
   “You’ll have to find out.” LittRL says throwing the cloak on. “Along with the rest of us.”
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:05:12 AM by LittRL »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »
But what does it stand for?!

Couldn't load the song because Internets. Interesting entry that makes me feel doooown. Nice one though. You said it's not complete?

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
It's the intro to Reboot, that old computer generated show. Why's it make you feel down? Besides my habit of putting a damper on all things that is.

It's not complete since I plan on writing a few more chapter reintroducing my own character avatar for the forum. Regaining old powers, fighting new enemies, conquering other wor- You know what? All revealed in due time.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
Never watched Reboot before haha

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »
If you do you will get a very good look at something that shaped many lives. Not to mention it was just a cool concept that was amazing for its time. But to avoid straying off topic I listened to the intro and it had: The Net, an unknown "user" that created everything, and "viruses" that threatened their civilizations. If you can get a look at it compare it to MR's Canon on its geography, last page.