January 18, 2018, 06:31:45 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Origin Stories!  (Read 8390 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Origin Stories!
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
Oy. Convolution is the spice of life.

That was an interesting entrance for sure though. And man, the way MR Canon makes me smile. Glad to see it!

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »
That was a fun read! Love how you incorporate all the canon aspects into it. It was very creative ^^

Hope to see more~
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

My DA Account -> http://neysun.deviantart.com

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2016, 09:53:35 PM »
You guys want more? :noidea: The general gist of this was to have my origin set up, and while I still have a list thing that I made to dump my ideas out and get to writing it, I figured this would just be like, the basis for MR!me and anybody can take it anywhere, if you follow. I wasn't really planning on writing a second Origin chapter so much as just writing a separate story about my goings-on and even have something in mind to explain my two major hiatuses. If it's cliffhanger-y or seemed like it was building up to a mystery, I apologize. That wasn't exactly my intent.

I guess that's what happens when I try to write an origin style. Like, to me, the origin is just the first chapter of one's life, "and the rest is history." Still, though, keep an eye out for whenever I hop to writing about my other adventures in MRverse. I don't think I'd write anything too epic so much as slice of life and comedy stuff, which would kind of help me develop tension. (Speaking of, that's why the keys/umbrella thing. Like, right now that situational irony is about the best level of humor I can produce. I see it as something to work on.)

Also, I guess everyone is totally on board with the DEM ability of Writer-tan? I mean I figured if she's something like a deity of writing that it'd be a great way to...shenanigans, basically.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2016, 10:04:33 PM »
Haha, well Origin stories are like how Marvel movies have individual super hero films happening before the Canon shenanigans happen. Not every Raider has to save the world, but we'd like to know what Mahlua does in general. Hang around in the pub? Work somewhere in the city or something else? From there anyone writing the canon knows if they're working with a comedic or fighting kind of character and the story can continue.

But its still okay to leave it as is if you want. Some nice nods to already established canon too for sure! So yeah do as you wish

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2016, 10:24:55 PM »
:hmm: Well, when you put it that way, I suppose I can take one or two of my notes from my list and have a small little epilogue to the main bit, if only because I like being a fan-pleaser. I took an afternoon/evening nap, so I might be able to do that tonight, which would have me finished roundabouts my actual MRversary, which, come to think of it, would be kind of a cool occurrence.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »
Oh, wow, hey look, guys, it's a half-assed epilogue with summary talk of things I plan to write later:

Modern Day:

It took a while for Mahlua to find her niche in the vast and ever-expanding city. She often observed many artists in their studios at a distance, not stirring up much and giving idle commentary. The same general extent of contact went on between her and the Develop Your Story section, which she considered her birthplace.

After a while, she became familiar with quite a few members. The redhead found herself chuckling at the antics of Coryn, getting into conversations with a rather outrageous fellow in the MR Pub, and occasionally lending ear to when Manimal would bring out his guitar in an open, park-like area in the Break District. She came to appreciate No1sy’s style, and slowly Lego became less intimidating.

Not long into her stay, she found a small art studio of her own in the Manga Artist district and dabbled around with her art style, occasionally feeling confident enough to put her work on display for others to comment on. Sadly, it’s been running a little slow as of late.

She also has come a long way in the story she planned to share. Her laziness, put on by the excuse that she has other things to do, however, has gotten in the way of her actually beginning to write. She figures one of these days she’ll feel determined enough, as she has the general gist opened up.

For a while, a new user like herself showed up. They had gotten along well, and had a brief romance. Sadly, the horned girl’s creative spirit was broken, and she faded into the grey. After this incident, Mahlua departed from MR to scourge around the net in search of the initial batch of data which created her.

She only returned in the last month, and since then has found a new rigor to her work. Her determination wasn’t her only new feature, however, as she returned with new skills and a sense of purpose. Curiosity led her to join the radio broadcast group from time to time with Vacant and a few others.

More than anything, though, what made her smile were the couple of friends who recently followed her trail from the net. Snek, a bumbling guy about her age, and Jamie, a slightly anxious younger girl with a penchant for fire and invoking her maternal instincts, had migrated and become raiders themselves. And, to top it all off, today was her second anniversary.

“So, ‘Lua,” Pub-tan chirped, keeping her hands busy by cleaning a glass, “Are you going to go into detail about these events, or are you just glossing over that they happened?”

The redhead chuckled, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose before twirling a glass of grape juice in her hand. “Y’know, I tend to talk a little more openly with the proper kind of drink: an interesting quirk I picked up on in my travels around the net.”

Pub-tan shivered. “You’re still a little too young for that; Honestly, some parts of the net…” she trailed off.

“Besides,” Mahlua continued, resting her head on her hand, “If anything, today should be my day off from telling stories. But, you know, I’ll tell you what: I’ll make sure to write it all down, some kind of memoir, and I’ll be sure to share it with everyone here in MR.”

The Tan cracked a smile at this before turning her attention back to her work. The redhead loosened her tie and sat back at her barstool. “I wonder if the others would be up for another radio talk today, or any of that babbling,” she pondered aloud, tapping her finger against her glass.

Just outside, the sun began to rise, pouring light in through the front windows of the 24-hour pub. Taking that as her cue, the raider stood up and gave a long stretch, then lifted her glasses to rub at the dark circles under her eyes from her lack of a proper sleep schedule. She took the grape juice and downed it in one go, and her eyes widened as she almost coughed.

“Wait—this is—!” she exclaimed. Pub-tan only put a finger to her lips.

“Oh, shush, and don’t ask for another. Consider it a birthday gift. Just this once.”

Mahlua gave a crooked smile and shrugged, reaching into her back pocket for some change. “Thanks for that. You’re a pal. Mind if I get a mocha with a shot of mint syrup to-go, though? Who knows what kind of shenanigans I’ll be getting myself into today.”

“You got it,” the Tan shrugged, taking the raider’s tip with a coy smile.

The city seemed to be waking up. In the redhead’s other back pocket, a small device buzzed, alerting her to a new event going on somewhere nearby. Soon, a little murmur would become common.

The barkeeper slid a Styrofoam cup down the bar with a cardboard holder towards the now two-year-old raider. “Thank ye kindly,” the redhead winked, passing some paper money over.

Outside the pub, Mahlua’s pride and joy, a Suzuki GSXR 750 cc with a custom electric purple and neon yellow paint job that she affectionately named Revy, sat waiting for her. She sat the cup carefully in a holder and removed her glasses, putting them in an additional compartment, and pulling out their replacement: a lovely set of cyberpunk goggles tinted purple.

Once properly situated, the redhead started up the motorbike with a pleased grin. She gave the engine a little gun and sped off into the complicated roadway systems of the city, long hair trailing behind her freely.

Who knows? Maybe she would start on that memoir today.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:31:30 AM by MahluaandMilk »
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2016, 09:17:20 AM »
Functional for sure. Always good to have an origin story leave yah ready to jump off into other things.

I look forward to the other works of Canon you create!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2016, 09:39:54 AM »
Oh wait Mahlua loves motorbikes too! Too awesome! I was planning on two MR Canon stories that features the sort of vehicles Raiders go around in. That's too convenient to pass off for too long.

Awesome outfit there and look. Also like that the tans are getting more screen time in general haha. This works for sure Mahlua, and like Coryn said looking forward to any further Canon you come up with!

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
Let me just give you all a general...let me make this proportionate:

THANK YOU ALL
for giving me this inspiration and idea. I got to just kinda dabbling around with MR canon, and this morning, I plotted out on my little legal pad about three stories worth for it, but then motivation struck and I was able to do the same for over half of my original story idea, i.e. Anim. Without you guys and the spurt of creative energy generated from this, I would have likely put off ever writing that out, even in this cute little bullet plot point form, for a long while. Sooo, yeah. This actually served as the break in my writer's block and/or laziness that was stopping me from making progress on the original content front.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2016, 03:10:04 PM »
The MR Canon can always be trusted for that. It's just so fun to write.

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »
Ah, so thats how Mahula arrived in MR. An interesting read for sure. It makes me wonder more about your character's past and how she got those lightning/ witch esque powers of hers.

I'm feeling inspired. I think it's time to bust out my origin story soon (For real this time).  Until then though...

*Hides in a fireproof box*