March 29, 2024, 02:02:52 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: SVK - A Story of Aweosme  (Read 11671 times)

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
SVK - A Story of Aweosme
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
Hey guys!

I've been catching up on the MR lore that's been built up and I wanted to try my hand at writing, so here's chapter one of a serial that'll be updated as often as I can...enjoy don't feel shy about offering critiques!

Also, if you want me to add anything about your character, just post as a comment.

1-- CUBES AND HEADACHES

“Newbies!! It’s time to start the day!”
   Nyosan, Fronomenel and Nyxy  blinked, realizing two things: their heads hurt a lot and that they were in a large valley. Fronomenel recognized it as the Mortal Combat field, what with the giant mountains cut in half and the various ruts created by super collisions.
   “Coryn, you could at least wake them up more gently.”
   The newer members looked around and saw they were circled by many of the most prominent members of MangaRaiders:  Coryn (trench coat and long blonde hair floating softly in the breeze, dual swords sheathed) , AnimeDoodler (braced against her giant pencil and sporting elbow and knee pads, as well as goggles along with her usual attire), Aero (wearing a police tape styled sweat shirt, dual hook swords at his hips), Monsterful (wearing his Sapphire style beanie, various scrolls tucked like bullets into a belt around his torso), Lego (green cat ears glistening in the sunlight), and Toasty( sniper gun across his back, wearing a full body armor suit). They all looked at each other and knew their day was about to get overly complicated.
   “I am waking them up gently!” Coryn said, his sly smile giving away his malicious intent. “At least more gently than how you put them to sleep.”
    Doodler ignored him and turned to Aero.
    “Alright Aero, you give them the deal.”
    “Right.” Aero put away his portable tablet, where he’d been working on his latest Misty creation. “So! Everyone, as you can see we’ve taken you from your cozy profiles and have gathered you here for a special session in Raider- dom!”
   Nyosan  and Fronomenel looked at each other quizzically, but Nyxy spoke up, addressing Doodler.
   “Wait, wait, you kidnapped us? What’s going on?”
   “Well..” Doodler said, adjusting her pose. “Since you guys are knew, we have to indict you into being full raiders.   Usually we do that by letting you get more involved in the community, having you post a lot, reaching hero member status, the usual stuff.”
   “However..” said Monster, sounding eager. “We’re all really busy nowadays and can’t really be around to watch your progress, so we’ve decided to do something a little…different.”
   “Exactly!” said Coryn, pulling out a large tome, composed of digital pages. “So, according to your contracts and MR Summit mandate..ahem ‘Moderators, Admins and those considered to be heroes amoung the community may in fact take it upon themselves to indict members to higher status by giving the SVK Challenge.’”
    “So basically”, Fronomenel said, getting to his feet. “We’re going to be tested to see if we’re Raider material?”
    “Yep” grinned Lego and Toasty-glad to have escaped this new testing method.
    “We’ll be splitting into groups, since it’ll go faster that way” said Aero, as Coryn tucked the tome away in his coat, the others doing a last minute check of equipment. “Fronomenel, you’re with me and Doodler., Nyosan with Lego and Toasty and finally Nyxy, you’re with Coryn and Monster.” He looked at the later two, who were having a high speed conversation, gesturing at each other’s weapons enthusiastically. “Have fun with that.”
    “Wait, it looks like you guys are ready for some kind of battle!” cried Nyosan, noticing for the first time all the newbies were wearing the same gray hoodies, with MR printed on the front and on the right shoulder, lacking any sort of weapon. “Won’t we need supplies ourselves or something?”
     “Ah, right.” Doodler said, reaching into her sweater pocket and withdrawing three white cubes, about an inch high all around. “Thanks for reminding me Nyosan , I would have forgotten otherwise.”
    She handed each of the cubes to Nyosan , Fronomenel,and Nyxy , all looking as confused and worried as ever.
    “Don’t worry guys, we made those ourselves!”  said Lego and Toasty together. The newbie’s shoulders sagged even more.
    “But…these are just squares!  If they were at least cheese, they’d be edible, but they-“ started Nyxy, but stopped as all three cubes glowed brightly.
    “Woah!” all three exclaimed.
    “Well, good to know they work” said Monster, as the glow died down. “So, shall we get moving then?”
    “Good question” said Doodler, looking at Coryn. “Where are we going?”
    “Just look at the monitors, you’ll find out,” said Coryn grinning; Monster, Nyxy, and himself vanishing into a wormhole.
    “I hate it when he does that”, Aero muttered, pulling out a strange device that looked like a walkie-talkie/ TV like mutation. C-Tranz was written on it with silver sharpie, meant to resemble a corporate engraving. “Alright, let’s see…”
The monitor showed:  “Break Room>Pub”. Aero looked over at Lego and Toasty, who’s monitor showed a different destination: “ Life at Sea>Mercury Bay”.
    “See you guys later!” said Toasty, as Lego pushed the big red button and a wormhole appeared.
    “..Fronomenel…good luck…” said Nyosan, looking terrified.
    “Yea, you too!” said Fronomenel, just as Nyosan and the others disappeared.
    “Aw, come on Frono, it’ll be fine!” said Doodler cheerfully. “It’s just a simple test... it shouldn’t be a problem!”
   “Shouldn’t..but could..” muttered Frono, disappearing into the wormhole after Aero and Doodler.

The MR Mortal Combat field was now vacant, with no apparent signs of human contact except for the mushrooms and giant craters circling the landscape. Two figures came out of the trees, looking at the areas the three groups had vacated from.
   “Are you sure this was a good idea? We could have just used the simulation chamber again” said Hasith, fiddling with his headband, careful not to expose his left eye.
   “Well, I guess we’ll find out…at least Coryn and Doodler know what’s going on…”
   “Wait, what about Sai? Wasn’t he supposed to go?” said Hasith, turning towards Cory, a little reproachfully.
   “I couldn’t get in contact with him” said Cory simply. “I had to call in Lego to even the teams. I gave him that though, so I wouldn’t worry.”
   “THAT??” cried Hasith, stepping back from Cory in horror. “I haven’t even tested it myself yet! What the hell were you doing giving it to the cat???”
    Cory didn’t reply, looking at the departure zone again. “Well, let’s get back to the tower and watch their progress.”

---END

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: SVK - A Story of Aweosme
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
hehe. interesting doodle! definitely want to see where things go from here! glad to see you around the writing section too.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »
Yea..it's honestly a surreal experience...o_o I need pictures T^T

Offline Nyosan

• Big Nerd
  • digital and traditional hobbys artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »
wow i got my name into the story for the first, hmmmm what will happen to me in the end ? :hmm:
but still it's very interesting to follow Senior Doodle
see my work that keep updates
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,4215.645.html
it's better failed trying than never do it

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
Great Nyosan, thanks! I look forward to working on this when I'm not in the mood to draw it all out!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:41:47 PM »
that would be somethin. though i did notice something reading it a second time. the eye that hasith covers is his right eye. not the left. as set down by you in fact when you made that mangaraiders origins thing.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
... LIES.

Ah well, I'll change it later xD

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »
lol. just thought i'd point it out.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
Cool I'M liking this idea of a Crazy Initiation for us Newbs. I might get beat up alot during the course of the story but who cares i'm in a MR story!! :dance:

Great work doodler! Looking forward to seeing more.
Messatsu...

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »
I'm so liking this already. I can't wipe the smile off my face.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
  • I write what I imagine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »
Oh my goodness this was a fun read I cannot wait for more ^_^ I look forward to seeing the tasks we newbies are put threw in order to pass initiation. Really good story AnimeDoodler  :heart:
In my mind there are thousands of stories all waiting to be told to others.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
This is just... special. Doodler actually writing a story! Roar! I want moar!

And oh, fyi i use a black nano-katana and wear a blue rain coat. For future reference ;)

Oh boy i really can't wait to see what happens

Offline Robs_ugly_artwork

• Here one second, gone the next... *poof* Ninja vanish
  • Planting the Seeds of Destruction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 03:38:29 AM »
WHAT?! An MR story without me and Kite?!?! How can this be?!?! .. haha naw it's all good Doodles.. Your writing skills is pretty good and the story itself was interesting, as well as fun to read. Thanks for postin it and welcome back btw.  ;)
Judge a person NOT by their weakness.. but, by their strength.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
@Frono:  Ohhh, you have no idea >D, also, thanks!

@Toasty: Thats always good to hear :D Thanks!

@Nyxy: I look forward to it too o_o

@Lego: ROAR.

@Rob, Cheers!! It's great to be back! Who knows, maybe you'll be appearing somewhere...maybe not..most likely not...but still ^^ Good to see you around as well!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »
I have to say. Who knew n00bs would be so insistent on seeing themselves tortured in horrible ways.