September 22, 2018, 01:18:00 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your day as a short story:  (Read 7596 times)

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
Your day as a short story:
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »
I hope this is in the right place...  :notunderstand:
I wanted to practice writing, and thought "hey! This might be fun!". So here it is!
Turn your day into a short story! I'm still working mine out right now I might even do yesterday. Also I think it would be fun to do just a part of the day...say.... just your morning?
I thought it would be good for developing our writing with out having to use our stories yet. (It makes me so sick of my writing to do that.)
Anyway, hope this sounds as good to you as it did to me!! lol  :biggrin:

I'll post mine sooooooooon.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Your day as a short story:
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »
Neat idea. though i'll probably wait until something interesting actually happens to do this one.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
No kidding. Well, i'm having a fairly interesting day today, but you should know, life has no actual plot. Anyhow, i'll keep this in mind.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
Well, I'm going to have to MAKE my day at least alittle interesting, cause my life is  :bored: .but I guess it would be more for discription and such. And yeah Coryn you need no help in that area.

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
this sounds cool. I'll probably do this on a day when my friends are over. We always have some crazy and funny adventures.
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »
better yet. i'll wait until the next time i wander back in half drunk and type something up.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:17 AM »
Lol If I were to participate it'd be something like:

Got bossed around, like a boss, all day long.

The end.

XD

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
oh dear... I thought all day what I would write... :( terrible. :push:

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
  • I write what I imagine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »
I wish my day was interesting to write about :p arguing with my 6 year old may seem like it but its truly not lol.
In my mind there are thousands of stories all waiting to be told to others.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
oh too true, I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old... I thought about trying to discribe the anxiety attack that always comjes on about dinner time but I was kind of busy just then :push:

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
Hehe I hear that lately hes been on an I hate everything about food kick getting him to eat his veggies is a Herculean task :) So I know what your talking about maybe we can both think up a short story about dealing with our young ones it maybe funny at least to us some of the things that come out of their minds and mouths :)

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
Okay came up with this one from what happened with me this morning with my little one. Using my name on here and a nickname for my son hope ya dont mind. The story is short but gives you a inkling of the stubborn personality we both have.

"Honey its time for school wake up." Nyxy calls to her young son. He is currently in grade K at his elementary school and is not a happy camper about it. Jay opens his eyes and moans "I don't wanna." Nyxy groans this was a daily event for them. "Come on honey get up." He sighs sitting up "okay." His eyes fill up with tears and he begins to cry. Nyxy goes into panic mode "honey what's wrong?" Jay huffs between tears "I don't like school its scary." Nyxy who at this point has heard this every day since the fall when he started. "What is so scary about school?" Jay sighs "everything." Nyxy sits next to him and hugs him "okay tell me at least one scary thing?" Jay rubs his eyes "They make you do work!" She tries to hold back a laugh at his declaration "Honey you have to do work that is what school is for." Jay whimpers again his eyes filling with tears "Oh okay."

After breakfast, washing up and getting dressed he stares pitifully at his mother "can't I stay home instead?" Nyxy sighs "no dear I have to go out today you would be home alone." He thinks "Then I can just stay home alone." He nods satisfied with this idea. Nyxy groans squeezing her eyes tight then sighs "No honey you have to go to school." This is greeted by more tears. "Come on honey your fish are staring at you and saying "Don't cry Jay." This distracts him and he goes to the tank to smile at the fish. Nyxy grabs the keys to the car to take him to school. "Say goodbye to the fishes you'll tell them about your day when you get home." Jay nods and says goodbye then heads out with his mom. 

Nyxy straps him into the car and he frowns "I dont wanna go." Nyxy at this point is at her patience limit "well your going to go honey and that's that." He sighs and then asks "do dinosaur fish have to go to school?" Nyxy pretty sure she has never heard of such a creature shrugs "I don't know but if its a fish they do attend schools get it?" Jay not amused frowns "Fish don't go to school." Nyxy counters "well in Finding Nemo, didn't Nemo go to school?" Jay sighs "Yes. But then he got to go to a fish tank." Nyxy grins "So are you saying you would rather go to a fish tank then school?" Jay "Yes." Nyxy groans in defeat. she pulls up to his school which had a rule on staying parked too long and drops him off waving. He waves then slumps his shoulders heading in his glasses sliding down his nose. She hears the honk of a parent behind her as she tries to make sure he goes into the building. She watches him hover behind watching other kids go in, then finally heads in when the principal greets him. "Whew one battle down, the next one will be even rougher...Homework." With a heavy sigh Nyxy drives off to get her errands done planning her battle plans to help her son get his homework done that afternoon.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
Hehe I hear that lately hes been on an I hate everything about food kick getting him to eat his veggies is a Herculean task :) So I know what your talking about maybe we can both think up a short story about dealing with our young ones it maybe funny at least to us some of the things that come out of their minds and mouths :)

That sounds fun! a kid manga colaboration(spelling??)
sounds fun.

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
I loved the story! It was great. not too long, not too short :clapping: He sounds like a handfull!  :push: loved the part where you distracted him with the fish  :angel:

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »

That sounds fun! a kid manga colaboration(spelling??)
sounds fun.

Hehe id love to work with ya on manga story about our little ones hehe and thanks the fish have been a life saver whenever he gets too tantrum like I use them as a distraction. whew tonight had the epic go to bed battle which I won the homework battle was a challenge to he spent more time asking me why his teacher is making him write his words 3 times each then it would have taken him to do it lol. sigh the life of a parent right?