November 14, 2018, 03:35:21 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your day as a short story:  (Read 7899 times)

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
Re: Your day as a short story:
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
Great everbody! happy to see more stories!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Now Ill try to write...a... morning... I really don't have time! :push: :push
This has been exhaderated for your entertainment.  ;)

A dark blue light came through the window and into a small crowded room. As the light grew brighter, it began to have a yellow color. The light was almost a spot light, revealing stacks of books, papers, clothes and half full boxes. The sound of coffee bubbling into a mug came from the kitchen, whitch was not to far from the bed room where the sun was shining through. Oatmeal was starting to boil. The sweet smell of cooking peaches filled the whole apartment.

A women stood over the stove, stiring the burning oatmeal.  Her poor posture and oversized clothes made her look like a zombie hovering over the meat isle at a grocery store. She had saved breakfast again. Sighing, she served breakfast onto small colorful plates and put then into the freezer to cool.

Laughing and screeming came from the next room. A little boy bounced up and down on the couch nearly falling about every other hop. His PJ's, worn and alittle small, had zoo animals all over them. He jumped off the couch and did a front roll to the middle of the room then punched out.
"HA!"
Kicked.
"YA!"
And then hopped all the way to the kitchen.
"Bong,bong,bong. MooOOoom, is it ready> Is it ready?!"
The woman, still in the kitchen, turned and smiled at the brown eyed boy who was now trying to climb onto the counter. She picked him up and set him back on the ground. They shared a quiet moment smiling at each other, then...
"OOOOOOH! YAH!"
Marcus punched his mother in the knee and ran to the table.
"Really? The mom asked herself as she walked into the dinning room. She took her son, who had suddenly switched back to being an angel, to the bed to sit for a few min.

About an hour later the little apertment was a busy place. A toddler walked around with her shoes on her hands, The boy from breakfast(marcus) had dressed for the day. His pants were on back wards and his socks upsidedown. Hannah and gotten dressed and was trying to clean up after breakfast. She saw what Marcus had done with his clothes. She helped his turn everything around.

A big dog went round and round while the baby laughed until she fell on her puffy bottom, A terrible smell drifted from under her pink dress. 

I think you get it... There is really no stoping piont in my day where I can say "And she walked out the door ready to face the day." or anything like that. lol I think later I'll just do one on when mnm jumps right on me first thing in the morning. LOL OWW!!
Oh yeah... my spelling sucks
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
  • I write what I imagine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »
Lego what a rough day hope the next one was better.

Tostificer cool way to end a rough day between you and Lego I have a feeling I am lucky my school days are long over (lol I am old  :( )

Kingwillz omg your story was awesome that build up had me going I thought you were gonna get into a fight love the end :) did you give him a cig?

H Musick love your story I really want to do some short stories about our little ones I can definitely see you have a lively crew at home :) and mmm oat meal ^_^
In my mind there are thousands of stories all waiting to be told to others.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline kingwillz

• oh yeah this is deffinately what I look like
  • revenge!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »
Lol @nyxy yes I did we're cool now. I say what's up to him if I see him while jogging
You're witnessing one of the future greats!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »
I'm glad things worked out betweeeeen you two... at least now if you DO run into a big guy your cig buddy will get em' for ya'! lol  :hmm:

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline kingwillz

• revenge!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
Haha right! that day was a lucky one. But hey since you made this thread does it have to be your current day? Or can it be a day you'll never forget as well

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »
oh yeah! any day you wanna write about. It's just for fun... and to getcha' to writing :thumbsup:

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline kingwillz

• revenge!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
Awesome so whenever I think back to the good ol days ill post it here so you guys can laugh with me

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
sounds good. It's just a way to improve on writing so just keep that in mind.  ;)
(and my spelling! lol)

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
  • I write what I imagine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
Sent ya a pm of the rough draft story H musick let me know how ya like it ^_^
In my mind there are thousands of stories all waiting to be told to others.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
ba!!! its great. we will have to post a new topic when we get more for it!

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
Exam week. The weekend had ended, and i was downloading last minute anime. It's funny how entertainment suddenly appears when school is just around the corner, or in this case, just 5 hours from that same midnight. The only smart thing i had done was that i'd slept some 4 hours, but other than that? MJB was at it again: Late night downloads at the risk of being sleepy on a chemistry exam.

Meh, whatever. Anyways, long story short, i downloaded ALL of avatar the legend of korra. I mused a little of a future drunk weekend, when i'm on my holidays, then i sank into game of thrones. And... i was impressed.

Two episodes, some things i didn't like, but otherwise interesting. Looks like we're in for a ride, and as always, rooting for the odd ones out.

So, i finally slept, and let the downloads running, including a crapload of for dummies books. I woke up, and found the spoils of war: My Java download had failed, along with some other cool books, but otherwise i now have Chinese, German, Spanish, French and Javascript for dummies, so good haul i guess. Also, Korra was completely done, except for ep3 ugh... too many details huh?

Moving on.

I slept for an hour, woke up and got ready. The weather was cold. I bemoaned the fact that i'm no longer 'that cool guy who isn't fazed by the cold'. Screaming my way through my shower, i got ready, and blasted off!!!

I had a grim wait for the chemistry exam. Tried to cram in some details but was feeling generally hopeless. Updated my facebook status, and entered the hall of doom.

But i was calm. And maybe... sleepy...

Because i ended up starting writing before they even told us too. I thought they had announced it but hey no harm no foul. And then even after that. My mind wandered off and i began thinking of story plots and things on game of thrones. I thought about high fantasy stories and the meaning of superpowered protagonists and villains in the scope of things: Is there any point of the brave army if someone can make a mountain dissapear? Why are jedi so freaking powerful? Is there any logical reason why a select few are so powerful, and these other unique characters, hundreds of them, seem not to have enough will or circumstance to be as equally powerful ? (all this during an exam mind you.)

Anyhoo. I wrote it and finished. In an hour. Two hours early by the clock. And then i got worried.

Hmm... somethings not right here. So i waited 15 minutes. Shifting my pencils and pens around, and went through the paper again. I indeed found some mistakes, and one question suddenly made sense, and then it was done. Zip zilch, finito! There was nothing more to be done. The paper had been easy.

I waited for the first smart people to walk out, and then i handed in my own paper and escaped to glory.

Lunch time.

Boring, waiting for chips, but i was happy. Facebook update. Facebook update, and then, a guy named Yuri appeared!

He has officially become my 'supplier'. He invited me to check out the list of anime he got on his pc, and some other cool stuff, and it's epic. I mean, mecha anime i thought were never done proper. Cool awesome stuff. Superrobot anime to whatever. I wish my external harddisk was alive.

Anyhow, the transactiosn promised and done, i headed back to my flats and lazed around. No exams tomorrow so yeah, i'll take it easy.

And then that brings me here to now. Not a remarkable day... except when i accidentally picked up a horrible horrible story about a girl i thought had a perfect life... man, reality bites hard. Talk about dark secrets.

I also discovered than i'm a horrible horrible human.

The End.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
Nice story Lego! I liked the part where you waited for the smart people to walk out first. I found that funny for some reason.

How many years of college you got left?
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »
3 years hehe. Still a ways away

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »

Y.A.D.O.M.H  Yet Another Day On My Holiday.
     I suppose this is the thought that must have skittered like a guilty tarantula in the back of my head when I woke up. My brother was all dressed up for work in black, and i instantly jumped out of bed and headed to the toilet. Yes, it was that fast. Maybe Rainbow Six is improving my reflexes.
     I felt pleased with myself because my plan had worked: Last night I had guzzled considerable amounts of water and two cups of tea. It had been my only way to make myself sleep fast … and wake up fast enough. There was a certain matter to attend to at The Place That Must Not Be Named. I needed to get it over with, i needed to walk down to… College… and figure out what was going on. Oh the horror. I already feel the sinking feeling. Oh damn my holiday is finishing. It’s finishing! WAAAH!
     -ahem. Excuse me.
     Anyways, I got ready as fast as I could. Rummaged through piled clothing and my recently sad looking bookcase. Tried to listen to music on my laptop but accidentally turned it off when I dropped my deodorant on the keys. I could go on and on about how sluggish and groggy I felt throughout the process of getting ready, but you get the idea. The Place That Must Not Be Named has that effect on me.
     Before I stepped out of the door, for the umpteenth time i thought: I need to get out of this rut of unproductivity and pessimism. I just must. What happened to my energy? I looked around my room and got a good idea .
      My room was and always has been my psychological mirror in life. The state my room was in was not impressive. With much brooding, I took a cup of coffee to feel relatively cultured and headed out.
     Damn was it hot. The sunlight was ungodly. I know it had something to do with taking coffee after sleeping only 5 hours, but either way it was hell. Accompanied by mad thoughts on what to do with my miserable state of affairs, I headed out to The Place.
     I finally reached college. My heart was doing the tango with my chest and my eyesight was dimming. If i was superman school campuses are kryptonite. I couldn't help thinking and worrying that maybe school had already started, that hidden in the empty classes were people learning while i had overslept past all the classes. When I finally calmed myself down I kept walking and reached the main quadrant where the offices are situated. All the lecturers gathered there. Great. I questioned one of them as he walked a safe distance away from ground zero and confirmed my suspicions: They were on strike and negotiating salary increase, so I was spared investigating when school would open and my grades e.t.c. I face palmed at how badly the guys seem to want strikes and sit-ins, and walked around the empty campus.
     I must admit though, I felt relieved that all my slacking off hadn’t made me miss anything. I had been running on rumors so far so it was good to get a confirmation.
     I reached the law office where an old friend of my dad usually stayed. I knew i wouldn't find him, but i just like the way the place looks. It's painted all white, it’s clean, and tiled and smells of success. There's also this little round table at a corner of the reception room that is regularly replenished with magazines and newspapers, and usually i find something of interest. Hit the jackpot in this case. I found a relatively recent copy of The Guardian. I read two excellent articles about some tabloid gutter type reporter defending his sudden change into a responsible adult. It was funny. It was smart. It was cool. He pointed out something interesting "Life is a series of updates." Updates in computer terms... And the last update? The Afterlife software... that has an inevetible glitch in the middle of the install. Heh, I don’t know why but I found it so sensible.
     The other article? It was about some crazy philosopher. Can’t quite breeze over its description without stepping onto a soap box, so let me just say It helped put things into perspective.
     Moving on.
     I finally found the energy to go home, but then the horrible thought came to me "Go to town." I tried moving faster but it was too late. I was betrayed. I couldn't get it out of my head that i could go buy stuff in town and save myself the trouble of going down to buy them later. No matter how many times i tried, the thought stuck, and i miserably headed out to town. Well, so long as I was away from The Place.
Damn was it hot. The sun was brutal, merciless. I don’t know what I did to piss it off but it kept cooking my brain. I even got a tan.
     Anyways, that business was done and it was time to head back. I took a 20 minute breather to read a novel before I finally gathered enough strength to go on, but I finally, finally, finally reached home. It was bliss.
When I looked at my computer again, i found out strangely that i could write. I actually had the drive to write again! Humming hallelujah (well… maybe not, more like Maestro by Julien K) I typed away. I thought it was a fluke, I still do, but I edited the damn post, so maybe I’m not just throwing out something there. Maybe I’m back.

END

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
Welcome back Lego and also pretty interesting take on your day. Seemed like one of those long sluggish days that have no end. Keep writing as it pulls away from everyday occurrences.
I hate you ^_^