November 14, 2018, 02:32:45 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your day as a short story:  (Read 7898 times)

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
Re: Your day as a short story:
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
I thought of your story again this morning when MNM (my son-4) was asking why we got up when it was still dark. (though Im sure he didnt mind) lol

YES! I had a few little comic strips about cute stuff the kids did, I would love to do a project with you. When shall we start? lol :angel:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline pandasayori

• Pandanni Picaso
  • Alois Fangirl<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »
ooooohhh fun idea!! :D I'll be sure to do this soon!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
Can't wait to hear it!!
 I am pushing mine back to the weekend. I am not going to say for sure. I have some pressing um... business... lol (I have to knit this  :swear: scarf before it gets cold!)*yeah right...it's never going to get cold*  :push:

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
  • I write what I imagine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
Hehe I am free to start up after the weekend to. Have a podcast planned already set up the interview with some gaming buddies and its the only time I can hopefully get them sober to speak :p after that I should have free time to write again.
In my mind there are thousands of stories all waiting to be told to others.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
lol ok, you should message me when you are free then and we will talk about where we wanna start! note: this is going to have to be a slow project for me. I have lots of time... but yet soooo little. lol

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
^_^ np heck just tonight was another uphill go to bed battle I swear I feel older and more tired every night  :push: I should have time this weekend after taping the show to think about planning out something see what we can cook up slowly will be fun.

http://mangaraiders01.wordpress.com/ Tune in the the MR Cast for all things Manga Raiders.

Offline Robs_ugly_artwork

• Here one second, gone the next... *poof* Ninja vanish
  • Planting the Seeds of Destruction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »
**Here's my short story**

Entitled: The first hour
By Rob

5:30am

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!

Rob was awakened to a most annoying noise. The same consistent blaring that he'd been hearing every single morning for the past 11 years. Such a familiar sound but, yet he still had never really gotten used to it. "Just 10 more minutes". He thinks to himself, while hitting the snooze button for the 5th time.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!

He opened his eyes and turned his attention to the alarm clock. While still half awake and his eyes still in a hazy blur he could barely make out the time.

6:20am

"Damn, I'm late for work again!"

He pulls the covers off and lazily slides out of bed. Turns on the bathroom light and is instantly blinded by the intense brightness of the light that follows. While trying to refocus his eye sight once again, he thinks to himself. "Damn, now this is going to be another crappy day no doubt"

6:27am

After freshening up a bit, He begins to put on his work clothes. Blue jeans, a faded brown tee shirt that been through the wash more times then he could remember and his leather work boots, that was in need of replacement laces about 2 months ago. It wasn't the best looking attire but, it does do it's job of protecting him from his job hazards.

6:30am

Rob says goodbye to his housecat, before making his way out the door and sets out for another hard days worth of labor.
Judge a person NOT by their weakness.. but, by their strength.

Offline kingwillz

• oh yeah this is deffinately what I look like
  • revenge!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 01:37:51 AM »
Hmmm... :hmm: this sounds like a fun exercise! But does it have to be about your current day? For some time now my life has been a boring one

Plus I have many great stories from the good ol days
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:56:40 AM by kingwillz »
You're witnessing one of the future greats!

Offline pandasayori

• Pandanni Picaso
  • Alois Fangirl<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »
Okaaaaay, here's kinda how mines when it comes to getting ready for school:

5:00am
Remember Panda, the alarm clock is your enemy! There are two ways of defeating it: snooze and disable! Panda thought to herself while yawning, reaching lazily from underneath the warmth of her blanket to find the source of the continuous vibrations. Upon finding her cell phone, she grabbed it, opening her eyes only close them quickly from the blinding flash of her phone. "Owwww...." She groaned, slowly opening it and pressing the 'ok' button to put the alarm setting on snooze. With a content smile, she place the phone down and closed her eyes. Achievement...

6:40am
After hitting the snooze button numerous times, feeding her tabby cat Tiny, showering, brushing her teeth and fixing her hair, Panda decides to venture outside and start up her car. After opening the door, she immediately stops due to the freezing conditions around her. When did it get so cold?!

7:10am
Did I remember to do my homework?... She thought to herself as she began to leave the driveway and headed for school. Let's see... Fed the cat, gave a hug to mom before leaving, got gas money- ooohhh something shiny!!!

Around 7:25am
Manages to make it school with slight distractions xD

:dance: So that's how my early mornings usually go.

Offline Nyxy

• Disciple of the Muses
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
Good reads Rob and Panda ^_^ I could feel Rob's pain about getting up and heading to work. And Panda I love the "Remember the alarm clock is your enemy." hehe good stories both of you.

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
Since we're in the mood for morning rituals I guess I'll throw this in.

The usual school day for me. Wake up, have breakfast, brush teeth, etc. Or not? I was lying in bed, semi-conscious, with the annoying sound of my phone ringing in my ears. It was deafening, at least that's how it felt. I grabbed the damn thing and pressed the first button I saw. The noise stopped. Mission freaking complete, back to sleep.

Again with the freaking noise. I open my eyes a tiny bit and try pressing a button again, a different one this time. But I didn't care: the sound stopped. I prayed to God that it didn't go off again, even though I'm supposedly an atheist.

My prayers were heard. I found out when I shocked awake with only one thought: WHAT TIME IS IT?! I looked at my phone, which displayed in a mockingly large font: 11:20.

I was supposed to be at school at 10:50.

Then I noticed the little symbol in the corner of the phone's screen. A little yellow postcard, indicating I had a new message. With my sleepy head, I opened it up. Might as well just stay in bed if I'm THAT late, I thought to myself. Then I found out the true reason why I was even planning on waking up that morning. The text message was from my girlfriend. She had missed me during break, apparently. So sweet. Well, let's go then.

So I got out of bed. Added a bruise to my forehead when I forgot that I was sleeping in one of those bunk beds. I basically dove head-first to the ground.

I FREAKING FACEPALMED when I got to school and I found out that I didn't have had to go through all the trouble! URRRRGHH! My frustration level was over 9000. Apparently, the teacher was ill that day but I hadn't taken the time to check that on the internet, 'cause I was so late. Well, at least my girlfriend was still there to cheer me up.

GOD FORBID that I finally get what I want: she has classes to 16:15. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! <Insert rage face here>

So I waited, and waited, and then finally we and some friends went to play poker and everything was all right for that day. Sorta.

I still have pain on my forehead. Damnit. >.<
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »
Haha man that sounds great. Interesting thing here:

My Day

Woke up at 6, right on time. The alarm rang shrilly and i was ready for business. Or not. I decided to snooze a little, and somehow i'd probably make it to my 730.

Woke up at 730. The classes are like 15 minutes away. Still feeling groggy, i got ready and stuff and headed to the class. Arrived around 9, and oh joy, i didn't have to go through the trouble! The teacher had cancelled, and so had the next.

I loitered about, hit the books, made plans and walked around. Bumped into one of the girls that i liked during this loitering and she ignored me beautifully.

From then on it was a long day of studies and weaving to and fro within classes, head glued to the textbooks. The only eventful thing was when i was trying to save myself a place for a classroom fated to be booked full. Some of the second years were occupying the class at the momet but it didn't look like a class so i just wandered in and placed my bag there. Some douchenozzle began to ask me 'can't you see we're having a class here?' and i blubbered some lame excuse that makes me feel ashamed to this day.

Anyway i made it out of there, but i could here their laughter and i counted my hands, "Lets see... Mordecai: 18 years old. In college. Being bullied. *censored*."

Sadly my anger was only theoretical. I made up some nasty death scenes and almost lost my drive for everything throughout the year, but i think i'll be content with plotting my revenge.

The day ended, i listened to some awesome dubstep and watched some more Breaking Bad. Things are looking positive, and i hope i make a better story tomorrow, when i go out to the local botanic garden...

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
I hate walking into places I shouldn't. Makes for such awkward situations.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
hehe. nice stories guys. still holding out for wandering in half drunk.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline kingwillz

• oh yeah this is deffinately what I look like
  • revenge!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
Well it's not a morning ritual story but it's something that happened today.
Whatcha lookin at punk?

So it was about 2pm and an unusually warm winter afternoon in Virginia. I just moved into my neighborhood, I usually jog a lot so I decided to step out, and explore with a nice walk around the neighborhood to form my running route.

After walking around for a bit I found a nice route and walked it several times for memory. After a good hour and some change has passed, I decided that I might as well bring it on home.

So I'm on my way back enjoying a smoke, and this is when things get weird. You know when you're walking around, taking in the sites, not looking in any particular direction? Have you done this and accidentally lock eyes with someone across the street? A very mean looking guy? Well I can relate!

So now my relaxing walk has turned into an awkward staring match! I always hate when this happens. I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to be a punk either. So here we are standing on opposite sides not even blinking a little. Little ol me vs the big scary guy, like david banner staring at the hulk. In the back of my mind I thought Just walk away damn it! Then the opposite happened. He started walking towards me!

Oh great! This is just awesome! Second day as the new kid on the block and I'm about to get beaten up by the town bully! I didn't want to, but I was ready to box! The closer he got, the more riled up I was I knew was going down, but at least I'm going down swinging! Now we were face to face, man vs beast! I clinched my fist braced myself, and was all ready to spring on him until I heard him ask

"Hey bro, mind of I bum one of your cigs?"

Ugh!! :blush:

You're witnessing one of the future greats!