November 15, 2018, 01:19:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Darling be Home Soon  (Read 12727 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Darling be Home Soon
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:12 AM »
so yeah. kinda a terrible time to start something new since the forum is kinda, you know, dead recently. but whatever. when did that stop me. this should be a fairly short one so no pressure from massive chapter dumps. and if you can figure out what is actually happening in this scene you with 13 internets.

She looked up. She knew she had a name, but she had no idea what it was. However there was something deep down, telling her that this man would know what it was. His dark skin and hair made him a stand out among the infinite white void in which they were located. And even though She sat on the ground, She knew he was much taller than she was. It was hard to see all of his features due to the mass of pink hair that draped down over Her body, she could tell that he had purposely covered his right eye with his hair. The thought brought a small smile to her face. She hadn’t actually seen herself before, but she knew it reminded her of how she looked.

Whether he had caught a glimpse of her smile or not she didn’t know, but the man smiled back regardless. “How are you doing today?” She attempted to copy him, opening her mouth and pushing air out of her lungs, but all that came out was a loud screaming noise. Her voice seemed to have an incredible voice to it however, as the man had been sent flying off of his feet a dozen meters back. Her voice had sent her hair flying up as well, revealing a shy, freckled face of a girl no more than 10.

She was sure she had done something wrong, even though she didn’t quite comprehend what it meant to BE wrong exactly, but all of her fears washed away as the man stood back up, laughing softly as he did. “Well, I guess you wouldn’t be able to speak yet. That’s ok, you’ll learn soon enough.”

As he reached her again she pulled her knees against her chest out of an emotion she couldn’t quite place. The word shyness came into her head, but she had no idea what it meant. Crouching down the man met her eye level, and their gazes met. “My name is Hasitha. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He offered his hand and she took it tentatively. They stood up together and he looked down at her with love in his eyes. “Welcome to the world. Now let’s fill it up.”

She knew so much, yet at the same time so little. But inexplicably, she knew this man was her friend.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:39:17 PM by Coryn Sken »

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
Re: Darling be Home Soon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
im confused but interested at the same time. and i agree with u on the fact that this forum has been kinda dead lately. espically on the writers' side of the forum
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »
well that's always kinda true. most writers don't stick around long enough to actually keep going. they just post a chapter or two then disappear forever.

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
YESSS I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING

This is awesome coryn i cant wait for what you have planned XD

how far do you plan to go with this though, is it just a creation story or are you crazy enough to go for a full historical thing up to the present date?

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
Well you kinda already explained this to me Coryn, so I understand what's going on. I didn't know however that there was such an age difference between the two 0_0 Ah well.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
thanks aero! and that's kinda a hard question to answer. it's definitely more than a creation story. but it wont be a grand history of MR either. and there will be a non historical section as well. so yeah. fun for the whole family with a history lesson included.

and that age thing will come into play toasty. promise.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:40 PM »
speaking of the story. just finished chapter two. hopefully this should clear up a few things for those who aren't too keen on what was happening in chapter 1.

PAST IS PROLOGUE

MR-Tan looked up. She knew she was dying, but she had no intention of actually doing so. The sun above was blinding her and she stuck her hand out to block the light. As the blood from her wounds dripped down onto her face, a figure appeared in front of the sun as well. His features we obscured by the light but she could tell he was smiling, no matter what his bright teeth always visible.

MR’s arm fell back to the ground and she was blinded once again. She definitely didn’t want to die, but at this juncture she wasn’t sure anymore if she had much of a choice in the matter. Looking to her right all she saw was destruction, the city was in flames, some parts of it were completely wiped out, and most of what remained was flashing in and out of existence. It hadn’t always been like this, a week ago her world had been as prosperous as ever, but then everything had changed. And now, it would all end…

MR-Tan just stared into the girl’s melancholy eyes. She was just a little girl at the time, but she had started parting her mess of hair just enough to see clearly, though a long bang still hung down between her eyes. The other girl she was looking at was Demi, and older girl who was forever dressed in Gothic Lolita style clothing. Demi always wore a vacant expression (unless she became particularly aggravated, which wasn’t often), so MR-Tan had made it her personal goal to win a staring contest against her. This was round 413, she hadn’t won once, and this time was to be no exception. MR’s expression slowly became more and more twisted, until she finally burst into a fit of laughter.

Acknowledging another win, Demi gave a slight smile and patted the young girl’s head. “Don’t sweat it too much darling. At least you were more persistent than those three suckers.” Turning around MR-Tan saw three boys, the oldest of which looked to be only 16, and the others being around 13. MR frowned and turned back towards Demi.

“Don’t compare me to the n00bs! I think we all know I’m way better than them anyways.”

One of the younger two spoke up in reaction, he sported a rich Irish accent.

“Newb?! I’ve been here for two months longer than those two!”

“Which puts you at being here for a grand total of two months. Congratulations Hope, you suck just a tiny bit less.”

MR-Tan just watched the fight ensue from there. The sarcastic one was Kazbat, he’s nice enough usually but Demi tells her that he’s a bit of a /b/tard, though MR wasn’t entirely sure what that meant. It wasn’t before long however that the older one stepped in to try and end the fight. He had blonde hair hanging down to his elbows and all writing skills of a six year old, but he was nice enough.

“Kaz, Hope. You guys don’t need to get into it over every little thing. Tan-chan has been here longer than any of us. So you should show some respect and not use her words to get all riled up.”

Oh, and he calls you Tan-chan. You’re not entirely sure how you feel about this, but you don’t really see the harm in it. He’s only been around for a few days, so he’ll probably get tired of the nick name and drop it if he actually manages to stick with it.

He was soon sucked into the fight however and Demi silently face palmed and started to head off. “Well you four have fun. I’m going someplace quieter to draw.” The noise was quickly silenced however by three quick thumps. All three of the boys fell to the ground as Corycaly appeared out of thin air next to them.

“Being productive I see.”

“Hi Co…how are you doing today?”

“Very well Coryn, thank you for asking.”

Cory had been like a mother to MR-Tan. And for a little under a year now they had been building up Manga Raiders together. Growth had been slow though, and while their town had been taking shape around them it was sparsely populated. Co always said though: “Build it, and they will come.” You liked that philosophy. It meant you’d never have to be alone. In the past you had always felt empty on the inside, like a part of you had been missing. But as new friends had appeared that hole had slowly closed, and you became determined to never feel that loneliness again.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:55:12 PM by Coryn Sken »

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
Eheheheh this is great

i dont know anyone other then coryn hasith and cory but its great XD

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
thanks aero! and yeh. i figure that would be most people's reaction about old members. It's important they be remembered though i think. even if only so many of us can actually recall them.

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
yeah i agree, even if they arnt around still they probably had a big impact on the site

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:33:47 AM »
This is really quite interesting. Always pulling out great ideas aren't ya Coryn? I'm really interested in seeing this past, and it's fast and readable. When i go old-topic digging i found interesting names and old conversations i wish i knew heads or tails from.

And of course, present day history. I wonder how Litts dissapearance will be narrated.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
we'll see. and you kinda have to thank mosnter for this one. him creating that banner with a new MR tan gave me the idea.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 11:12:41 PM »
So i see. That tan is all sorts of cute-awesome

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
tru that. going to have to do some work on her nature.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
getting into a bad habit of starting a chapter, nearly finishing, putting it off for three days. then finishing at random. should fix that.

DARKNESS BLOOMS

The setup had been perfect, the timing precise. The switch was supposed to gone off without a hitch, there shouldn’t have been anything to worry about. Just in case Hasith told everyone to be prepared for what ever happened. They planned for every scenario they could think of, but no one could have been prepared for what came next.

The beam saber stabbed straight through the spam ninja’s body and then to his right, severing an arm as well. Pulling back MR-Tan raised her rifle and fired a sustained blast into the horde. Everything had gone dark. That much they knew for sure would happen. In the darkness however MR had felt something take a hold of her. Nothing physical though. It was like the universe had grabbed hold of her body. And then the changes started. With all the blackness she could only tell that she was physically growing. Her body which had remained that of a young child since her birth, morphed instantaneously into an older one, closer to that of a 13 year old. But beyond that recognition she had to wait to find out.

Once the light came back she saw clearly that not only had she grown her pink hair had turned a shade of dark blue. Parts of a Gundam like mecha had been grafted to her body as well. The left half of her head was covered by a mecha like helmet. Through it was shattered in several places from which her hair poured forward. Similarly both of her lower legs and feet were covered in robotic attachments, and the same stood for her right for arm and hand. She hoped that the mechanical additions were removable, but there were more pressing matters to deal with.

The light had brought more than just changes, it brought spam ninjas, millions of them. MR’s defenses were weak from the transformation. They had sensed the hole in the defenses, and taken the opportunity for all it had been worth.

Leveling her rifle again she prepared to fire, the helmet was inconvenient cosmetically but it did wonders for her aim. As she pulled the trigger however a body slammed into her, sending her beam flying wide, taking out a nearby building. The two toppled over each other and quickly jumped to their feet to face either other. MR-Tan quickly jumped back into the fray when she realized he was a friendly. “You should watch where you’re flying Zero!”

“You watch where you’re standing!”

Zero was dual wielding a semi automatic pistol and a revolver, he wore a ragged black trench coat and
had brown spiky hair.

“You’re lucky I didn’t pull the trigger Tan! What the hell with the new look anyways?!”

“Hasith said I might change!”

“Like I was listening!!!”

Before she was able to shout back a retort however, MR was cut off by a massive wave of force impacting her. Coryn had appeared from nowhere. His swords were drawn out to his sides and he had dawned his black trench coat for the battle. Behind him a massive swath of ninjas were falling apart in a brilliant display as blue data streams poured out of them in place of blood.

“Oh good, you two aren’t dead. I’ve been checking on everybody.”

“Is everybody alright?”

“Mostly, a few wounded but nothing serious.”

The ninjas were already re-converging, only momentarily shocked by the loss of their comrades. Coryn, MR-Tan, and Zero turned to face them but continued their conversation nonetheless.

“Hasith already has the defenses working again. So all we have to do is deal with those who already got in.
The bad news is that we’re scattered to all hell and have no idea how many actually made it through the gap.”

Zero flew past Coryn, firing both guns simultaneously.

“You’d think we’d build a wall or something.”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

Throwing his arms out, Coryn sent his swords flying towards a group of ninjas, slicing them cleanly. The blades flew back to his hands automatically as if connected by an invisible chord. After finishing off a few more spam ninjas in this juggling fashion, Coryn was cut off guard by an extra large ninja swinging a war-hammer into his chest.

Zero was never thrown to the ground as he felt Coryn’s back slam into his own, but they somehow both managed to keep their balance. “Fancy meeting you here.”

“Do these guys usually carry hammers?”

Opening his mouth to reply, Zero was quickly cut short as MR-Tan’s rifle cut through another line of ninjas, narrowly missing him.

“Not in my experience.”

“Thank you Tan for that enlightening piece of knowledge. Cause I wasn’t about to say the exact same thing or anything!”

Coryn bumped into his back again. This time more purposely.

“Are you two really going to get into this RIGHT NOW?!”

Before either two could speak the argument was rendered null as a nearby building exploded around its base and collapsed down on the three of them. Coryn and Zero’s first instincts were to abscond but MR quickly appeared before the falling building and stuck her arms out. The building came to an immediate halt. Amazed at herself MR-Tan smiled slightly, she hadn’t possessed this kind of physical power before, but she wasn’t about to start complaining about it. Wanting to test herself further, she started lifting the building, tearing it free of its remaining connections to its base and then chucking it into a horde of incoming spam ninjas, effectively acquiring the highest multi-kill of the battle. Coryn and Zero were still stuck on the fact that she stopped the falling mass of brick, steel, and concrete at all.

“How the hell – ”

“ – Did you know you do that?”

“I…didn’t really…but I did at the same time I guess?”

Another wave of ninjas was already rushing over the mound of broken building however, and forcing the three to put the shock aside for later.

“You two should probably stop gawking and pay attention to the battle.”

Zero and Coryn both smiled.

“You don’t – ”

“ – Have to tell us twice.”