March 29, 2024, 12:52:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 23103 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
Awesome, I added you too.

By the way, my story is Dreamwalker. It's the story about a boy who escapes into dreams to avoid confronting his grief from losing his parents.

It's been something that has been on my whiteboard forever (synopsis and some plot points) and I'd really like to write it. I think I might be writing three things this time though.

I also want to make sure to join in the December after novel editing this time around. No more first drafts that stay unedited forever!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
Sigh, when do words stop looking like excrement? I can plod on as I always do but it'd be nice to sound like the novels I read. I pick up any novel and read an excerpt and they do everything sooo right. Curses.

Nano blues.

Also, I shall commit a sin... Hashtags in a foum #NanoBlues #Distressed

Offline swearzy

• Conspiracy Theorist.
  • I come with tin foil hats a many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2015, 09:26:55 PM »
Its tough lol I can barely keep up but I am trying. There is no perfect way I think, its just a lot of experience and the only way to do that is write.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2015, 12:42:14 AM »
No idea if it counts or not, but I'm using my VN script as my NaNoWriMo project. Kinda sad knowing that a lot of the stuff that you might call "stage directions" are going to be replaced by backgrounds, CGs, and bits of coding. Still satisfying, though.

Maybe I'll try to do a collection of short stories or something like that on the side.

It's just a few little words, right? WHAT'S A FEW MORE LITTLE WORDS?!?!?!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »
Indeed haha.

Welp. I have zero motivation today, but the plodding goes on!

Hmmm, how long do you think your scripts will turn out? Is 50,000 words enough? Too little? Or too much?

Offline swearzy

• Conspiracy Theorist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
I personally think I will be happy with 50,000 +/- 1000. It will be the most Ive ever written and completed something :D. Managed to push out 2k words yesterday in my childish attempt to catch the projected numbers lol. just need to do that little bit extra today and I think I should be in surplus. I end up going back to read what Ive done to see if it makes sense and i havent changed anything obvious by mistake all without editing... mostly >.> damnit

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
Well, the first week hasn't been a great one for productivity, but we also had the misfortune of starting NaNoWriMo on a Monday this year. I'm hoping for this Saturday to be the rallying day, and I'll be meeting up with some other folks in the evening who I can swap tips and plot bits with.

(Also: Swearzy, what are the statistics in your signature for? I haven't figured it out, and I'm incredibly curious!)

Offline swearzy

• Conspiracy Theorist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »
Its for World of Tanks :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »
Thanks for asking that nair hahaha it was driving me crazy.

And swearzy, I know the feeling man. The most you get from Nano is personal achievements so heck, coming up with a 50 word story that you've completed can be your victory if you like.

I sure wish I could meet fellow NaNoers, but I'll settle for trawling through the forums... The thing is I hate seeing people with finished wordcounts on the first day. It is painful T-T

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
Lol, you're participating too guys? Good to know :)
This year I wanted to test my productivity and see how many words I'll write -it's also a good opportunity to learn how to write properly XD.
And I'll get a story and ideas I can lean on in the future :).

Offline Funkermonster

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
So if I'm understanding this correctly.. we just post synopses of our stories here to get a bit of help and then try to go from there? In that case, I have two.

The first one is called Distorting Strife. Its about a ninja boy who steals super-weapons from a private military corps and becomes a hero after learning about them mysteriously planning to betray their own city and their own country, at the cost of his free-time to do anything else (family, friends, school, hobbies, et) and he is essentially throwing his own life in misery and jeopardy to protect everyone else's. His secret identity is caught on camera by a girl who blackmails him into becoming her partner in crime/new BFF, which magnifies the pickle he's in. Together, he forms a two-man army with her to defend their hometown from the military and any more adversaries that follow, all the while trying to find a way out of this war and restore his life back to normal.

I call the 2nd one Fraternity Fates: In a magical world parallel to ours, a sword-fighting princess whose life is changed forever when one night has an ominous dream featuring a shady creature who stares into her soul. She wakes up to find an older brother she never had the next day, who has taken her place as heir to the throne and and assigns her a new task as a centurion/monster hunter in the midst of a war. During a frightful conflict she is found rescued by an enigmatic warrior who claims to have had a dream similar to hers and lacks knowledge of where he is or how he got there. From there on out, they journey to find the truth about their nightmare and will meet new friends and foes along the way as they try to restore things back to the way they were.... but have their lives truly changed for the worse? Or the better?

Are these too long or too confusing?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:00:22 PM by Funkermonster »

Offline swearzy

• Conspiracy Theorist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »
I think its just an over all discussion if you are participating in the link below :D

NaNoWriMo

I got a block yesterday D: and now Im down a days worth of quota, though it is ok Ill just have to do a double day in the next week or so lol. Anyone else hit a snag yet?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
I hit a three day snag. It was really bad but I demolished it thankfully.  Thank you alcohol!

I'm currently at 21,083 words. And my original story is officially done. It's a half glad feeling, because I know it's such a crappy first draft. I'll be going to my next concept now tomorrow.

That sounds like quite the wacky concept Funker. The first one I mean. Second one sounds really cool and mysterious haha.

Yeah it's a discussion about anything and everything.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »
Having too many nasty nano days. Tasketegreeeee

Offline swearzy

• Conspiracy Theorist.
    • View Profile