June 02, 2020, 08:11:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Character Making  (Read 758 times)

Offline gelolanuza05

• Your Typical Lazy guy
    • View Profile
Character Making
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:48:31 AM »
Hey guys, I stopped writing my old project in this site, but i continued writing it now, i need help at making a character also how do i introduce or describe them using words..? Thanks in advance

=====
Link to my Manga story http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13709.msg244994.html#msg244994
=======

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:51:34 AM by gelolanuza05 »
HELLOOO THEEREEEE

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
Re: Character Making
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »
It depends on the style of writing personally. I prefer to ease in the descriptions when writing in prose rather than throwing a block of information at the reader unless it seems relevant. For example if someone is taller than the protagonist I'd be more likely to write that as:

"The man looked down at Barry who was a good head shorter. Barry ran a hand nervously through his thick brown hair..."

Rather than just "Barry has brown hair, the man is taller than him" it implements it into the story. That being said, there's plenty of times a block of information may be required but try to play around with it and see what works for you. It all comes down to the situation for me.

Had more but need to recharge batteries on my keyboard :P

Offline gelolanuza05

• Your Typical Lazy guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
It depends on the style of writing personally. I prefer to ease in the descriptions when writing in prose rather than throwing a block of information at the reader unless it seems relevant. For example if someone is taller than the protagonist I'd be more likely to write that as:

"The man looked down at Barry who was a good head shorter. Barry ran a hand nervously through his thick brown hair..."

Rather than just "Barry has brown hair, the man is taller than him" it implements it into the story. That being said, there's plenty of times a block of information may be required but try to play around with it and see what works for you. It all comes down to the situation for me.

Had more but need to recharge batteries on my keyboard :P

Ohhh, i get that, Ill try my best to use that, thanks for the tip, it will help me for sure. I also use wireless keyboard! Haha  :clapping:
HELLOOO THEEREEEE

Offline dadeye5880

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »
Introduce them in the manga right? Most likely it will definitely be introduced to people by the drawing.

still if with words,  it's just as MisterSherbetLemon said.  ;D

OR if it is in the MANGA panel, you can introduce the main character by using other characters to talk about the characteristic.

Have fun