April 16, 2024, 12:03:13 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: real death note book  (Read 10421 times)

Offline jezhicka

• View Profile
real death note book
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »
has anyone read the death note book like its not manga a real book i think its called like the Los Angles bb murder cases i saw i ad for it in one of my shonen jump magizines and i wanna try and find it
so has anyone read it?

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Re: real death note book
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
I have never heard of it.
I have recently learnt that a serial killer in asia killed people leaving notes like Kira in the manga Death Note. Oo

Offline Itachi067

• The timeless wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
I have never heard of it

Offline jezhicka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »
I have never heard of it.
I have recently learnt that a serial killer in asia killed people leaving notes like Kira in the manga Death Note. Oo
what do you mean left notes? thats so wierd

Offline jezhicka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
i just found part of it online

“Beyond Birthday’s third homicide was an experiment. He’d attempted to remove the person’s internal organs without damaging them, but they had died of internal hemorrhaging anyway, as he’d expected, and that was the end of that. He’d taken great lengths to prevent his victim from moving, too, using both physical restraints and a medicine that made them unconscious. Once suitably immobile, he had meticulously torn off the skin of their left arm. Leaving the tool he’d just used in the wound, he had then hit it repeatedly, intending to kill them, but it had ultimately led to nothing more than heavy internal bleeding. He was disappointed to watch his experiment end in failure. Even after the arm swelled with enough blood to turn it an angry purplish-red, the victim did not die. They had had a series of strange convulsions, which he might have found perfect under other conditions, but which, this time, caught him off-guard. As the arm filled with blood, the victim’s life began to fade. He’d expected this from previous trials, but this time he found the experience to be…sweeter, somehow. Naturally, Beyond Birthday considered the importance of such a murder to be relatively low, but the experiment itself, whether a failure or a success, was extremely entertaining. Afterwards, Beyond Birthday carefully removed the knife from his victim’s shoulder and—well. Well, well, well

Such speeches will stop, such stories will cease to be told, such meticulous notes will no longer be taken; not one sentence contains even a single iota of reason, up to the very last line. I am sick of this wild goose chase; to throw the matter down and finish it is the best I can do. Beyond Birthday’s wild farces are reminiscent of Holden Caulfield, and if they are so alike, then following and cross-examining his erratic thought patterns is not my intention (I, in my position within the government, remember pushing myself beyond my own abilities in an attempt to keep track his delusions). I have kept meticulous notes on this chain of serial murders he’s committed, but reciting them in this way should by no means raise their value. This report is not a novel. I do not like the fact that it has temporarily taken on such a form. There is no excuse for putting this case into such stereotypical, common words, but perhaps by bringing the matter to the public’s attention, I will be able to create a fresh start.

The result of the confrontation between L, this era’s great detective, and this Kira, a homicidal maniac he’d been hunting, is that the common people are forced to read these notes. Kira had prepared the metaphorical guillotine in order to spread his fantastic ideas across the globe, but it was a mere madman’s ideology; he set himself up as the god of his own little game, but he was a only fool who wasted his time chasing after his own childish beliefs. He ruled through terrorism and nothing more—or perhaps his desire was to be the god of a corrupt society, one filled with false accusations and betrayal. Such is probably the difference between gods of death and gods themselves, this negative intent, although it is something I don’t plan to think about often.

How in the world can Kira be good?

L will always be the most important thing in my life.

L.

L was too talented to die like that. His death was unreasonable; it came too damn fast! He solved over 3,500 difficult cases, and there are three times the amount of people packing the prisons today than there would be without him. He was a private investigator, and even though he never showed his face, his influence alone was great enough to inspire the world’s organizations to move forward together—I think that only someone who can match such an immaculate reputation should be able to inherit such a title. I also think I know who that person should be. Something happened, and I am unable to succeed him. Instead I shall leave behind this report in full, and let his real successor take the title.

This legend of L, then, is my final will and testament. It is a dying message aimed at the world at large, and which does not belong to me. Near, arrogant brat that he is, will probably find these notes before anyone else has a chance to; I only hope he doesn’t burn them upon discovery, or destroy them some other way. Actually, destroying them might be best; he didn’t know L like I did, and I don’t want to shatter whatever idealized image he might have created of him. There’s a possibility that this may fall into that demon Kira’s hands instead, but I don’t mind. This is for you, you homicidal maniac: you let that abominable death god carry you on its back from beginning to end, and you used nothing but some nonsensical notebook to kill in an attempt to keep your hands clean of your own victims’ blood. You do not deserve to kiss L’s feet, and are nothing more than dirt so unclean he wouldn’t even bother dirtying a tatami mat by laying it over you.

I am one of only a handful of people who has met L in person. He told me three of his achievement stories during our times together, but I have no intention of sharing those memories with you. Instead I’ll tell you the middle story, the one that relates to me; the story of Beyond Birthday. I refuse to beat around the bush here; if I do not relate the tale of the Los Angeles Beyond Birthday serial murder cases in full, how can anyone glean any information from them? I was brought up in Wammy’s House and stayed there until I was fifteen years old; L wasn’t. It had a profound influence on my ability to adapt to situations as needed. It doesn’t matter if there were ten or more casualties in this case or if it took over a million dollars to solve; L, in addition to three or four other people, gave his life in the pursuit of justice, and his sacrifice was honorable. More details concerning L are brought forward later—though perhaps they concern me as well, and perhaps Kira too; regardless, what happened in that watershed and what happened during the Los Angeles BB serial murder cases is monumental.

Because…

Because that is the first time L identifies himself as Ryuuzaki.
I have no interest in the specifics of how Beyond Birthday committed his crimes. Such gruesome details, then, will be omitted. Instead I will go back and tell the complete story of his first and second murders, since they are what drew L’s interest early on, and enticed him to embark on what would become the greatest case of his time. I’m only a third party in this; neither Near, arrogant as he is, nor Kira, crazy as he is, will be able to tell I wrote this unless I leave my signature as the narrator, the navigator, and the storyteller at the end of these opening remarks—although conversely, for anyone but those two people, such anonymity might actually be a good thing. I am, then, the one who died in vain, the best dresser of this pointless death, Mihael Keehl. I call myself Mello now, and am generally identified as such, but that’s already an old story.

My memories are vivid, but they’re filled with nightmares.”

Offline Necropolia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »
I have. I loved it. It was L-centric and he's my favorite character so that was fun for me. ^^ The ending threw me off because I wasn't expecting it, but it just made me like the book even more. ^^ If you haven't read it yet, then you should.

Offline Loli Kamikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »
I agree with Necropolia, the book was amazing :D
Beyond is one of my favourites villians, if you can call him that :)

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »
I'm lost, I mean I don't understand: is that a real book inspired by the manga or some words lefts by a real pyscho?

Offline Loli Kamikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
No, the book is just a story about one of L's past cases. The only reason this one is signifigant is because the villian from the book was someone from Wammy's House. [the orphanage that L grew up in]

It also involves Naomi Misora, the FBI agent thats in the Death Note manga. If you notice, she said she's worked with L before, this is the explanation to that line :)

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
ooo
I'd like to read this one, I always dreamt to discover more about those characters!

Offline Loli Kamikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »
Well, you sort of do, and you sort of don't... But it's a good book, get it if you can :D

Offline Itachi067

• The timeless wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 12:59:44 AM »
Ive read it...you can buy it online...its worth the reading and I dont like to read book

Offline mmxiii

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
to be fair i wouldnt get my hopes up
its an ok story but personaly i feel like the
writer just kind of through things togither and didnt realy think about them fully
i would recomened it to a dedicated fan but anything less and it you may feel you wasted your cash
but hey this is just my opinion if you have it or are going to get it check the peoples names who die
and then tell me it isnt a cop out lol

Offline Kyou Ongintsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
I recently got this book, and it's great. Plenty of headache-causing logic. On the overall-quality scale, 9.5/10.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:27:45 AM »
wow O.o...thats a pretty high rating XD I might want to check it out ^^