August 16, 2018, 05:44:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Coryn's: Quick and Easy Guide to the MR Canon  (Read 28213 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Well you know, gotta let our own powers shine sometimes.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
Just read MR Origins...

Doodler's art and vision for MRverse was truly something special...
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It really did start it all. We we're lucky to have her lay out so much in so little time.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
With Drifter now finished, I've managed to free up some time to work on updating the guide. Below are my blurbs for all the MR Canons I've finished this year. Gonna work on some bios for the raiders I introduced in Drifter, and the OC's I planted in that story as well. Oh yeah, gotta add a section for the Fighters Division too. Damn, didn't think the job of Junior Loremaster would involve a lot of busy work.

Spoiler
“The Strand of Truth

A short story written by Coach Fro that was originally intended to be a full length series involving Lego and himself. It was nothing more than a showdown between the two raiders in a cathedral for a magical object known as “The Strand of Truth”, which turned out to be a simple hair strand with a destructive beast sealed inside it; a beast that Fro was contractually obligated to kill. While it didn’t push the Canon forward per se, it revealed some interesting tidbits on Fro’s activities outside of MR, the most important of which being that he has ties to the Dark Net, and that he does mercenary work for an old man residing in the Dark Net.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18808.0.html

I’ve Done it

Another short story written by Coach Fro. It was a spur of the moment story that establishes Fro’s real life efforts of successfully reading every MR story in existence in canonical form. His herculean efforts earned him the title of “Junior Loremaster”, a title directly under Coryn, who is the true Loremaster of all things Canon. Fro comically serves Coryn as an assistant of some sort.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,4437.msg291411.html#msg291411

MRverse: The Return of The Drifter

Coach Fro’s third MR story and his first full length one to boot. As the title suggests, the story details Fro’s return to MR after a long hiatus. It was revealed that much of his disappearance was contributed to his lifelong search of a former friend of his named “Mary, who betrayed and killed him during his younger years. Much of the story is dedicated to Fro’s mental state and progression on the matter, and after some deep conversations and internal monologues, he decided to put the whole ordeal behind him and dedicate his energy to a more positive endeavor by jump-starting his very own Fighters Division in MR.

Lots of news faces were introduced in this backstory-centric piece, including a few raiders, an original character known as Filia, and a mysterious scientist known as Aster, who is in charge of a even more mysterious organization labeled “Mugen Corp", that has ties to Fro in some form.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18918.0.html

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:37:02 PM by Coach Fro »
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's certainly no pushover. Thanks for the bios. Hopefully I can get some sit down time this weekend to get some work done on the guide in that case.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You know Fro, I hate to do it to you. But I found another MR canon story you missed on your list of things that were missing from the story list. The second episode of WTMR didn't make it on.

Not to worry though, because I JUST SPENT MY AFTERNOON COMPLETELY REDOING THE ORGANIZATION OF THE STORIES LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, so it is 100% up to date with ALL canon stories (I'm feeling 99% confident about that). They are now organized by year posted, and are in order of first posting (by the laws of MR Canon, a story's 'present' starts on the day of first posting, so this will also do to keep our timeline in order (until I get around to fixing the timeline)) That also has the benefit of keeping our cause and effect of story telling more or less straight forward on what ideas cropped up when. Granted, some of these topics span years (origins, DOTS, etc.), so again, date of first posting.

I've also made the layout just look...so much cleaner. Bold words, big text, intents and bullet points. So scrolling through while looking for a story should be much easier.

The big blind spot we still have, is that the list is definitely missing some holiday story threads (they're all over the place, for one). Since they don't count as canon as a rule of thumb, it's not the biggest deal, but I for one would like to recognize those raiders who put in the time and effort. Still, that's going to be some time intensive research into the backlogs. So far we only have the christmas/new years themed stories for 2013 & 2014. So if you see any floating out there, let me know.

So aside from all that, I did get a little distracted and fix up the characters document a little. Mostly I just incorporated the Artist and Pub-tan information we gleaned from Daily Lives. I also fixed up all the Tans with the master art reference list for them that I put together recently. I really want to hit that one next, although I think it will have to wait until next week. But from now until the reworking is done, I think I'll be spending my usual Sunday writing block getting the guide fixed up (My mobile writing is going well in any case, no need to let the guide suffer).

Jr. Loremaster Fronomenal, if you would be willing to do a write-up concerning the Fighter's Division as you envision it, that would be of great help in a few weeks when I get to the Groups & Organizations document. Despite all the time that has passed since I last took a pass at it, I'm pretty sure that's the biggest hole in there.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
Dude I didn't even know there was a second episode for WTMR. I'm salty...

Finding the holiday stories will take some work, but digging those up shouldn't be a problem for me. I'll round those up by the end of tomorrow. What sucks though is that when I was still going through the canon stories I found the majority of the holiday stories by coincidence, and I forgot how I found every single one of them.  :push:

The Fighters Division organization bio will be included in the list of Member characters bios I'll be adding to the guide. Should have those done by next week or so.

Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, finding those things are a big task. My only recourse is to just go through story boards one page at a time.

Like I said, not a big priority. My biggest thought is that some of the holiday topics might be hiding in the break room? Praying I'm just remembering that wrong.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
As a general rule of thumb, whenever Fro says he's going to get something done on a particular day, assume he means the day after.

So I was under the assumption that the majority of the holiday stories were located in the writer's workshop, so that's where I did most of my digging. I'm sure there's more lying around in another section, but for now I'll post the ones I found so far.

Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ah, 2011 Christmas. I saw the story I did for that bopping around the bottom of my writing folder the other day. It was a banner year for this kind of thing too.

Good job Fro! You were definitely correct about the location.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I tells yah, I'm gonna need more bourbon to get through fixing up this entire guide. Past me really shot current me in the foot by not keeping a list of everything people were putting up and sending me.

FROM NOW ON, I'M MAKING A WORKING DOCUMENT FOR THIS KIND OF THING!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Triple post, but whatever.

Guide Mega-Update Progress Report:

'Loremaster's 'To-Do' List document added. Document to keep track of all needed work going forward.

'Prime Universe Characters' document reorganized per new standards. New features include:
  • Updated format
  • Added art references for all NPC's
  • Updated Moderator roles
  • Revised Pub-tan on characters list
  • Added Artist-tan to characters list
  • Added Mahlua to characters list
  • Added Sherbet to characters list
  • Alphabetized all characters within their sections
  • Updated and added to Notes section

Next document in the reorganization crosshairs: Groups & Organizations. Once again, thanks to Fro and all of our members for their hard work.

End report.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:36:02 PM by Coryn »

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
I swear I will get round to looking at this one day.
well done and keep up the efforts.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Maybe you can serve as a good test case Suuper. After all, if you're coming in blank, you would be a good reference point for the new layout  :ninja:

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
theres an interesting thought. I will certainly give my feedback at some point. I had a glance at the shared google folder and the organisation seems pretty easy to follow.

I should really add my own description as well at some point since I'm a somewhat regular member :P