October 16, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Coryn's: Quick and Easy Guide to the MR Canon  (Read 30508 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Rereading Mortal Combat would be one crazy task. I don't think I've ever got that far through it. Although I have gone back to some parts here and there.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
The update on the canon is psyched me up like you wouldn't believe, so ready for this to move forward in a cool sort of way.

Mortal Combat will always be missed. Man there were shenanigans in there. But that would prove a challenge even for a gravedigger like you, Fro.

And dammit, why does everyone else get the fancy titles and jobes. Loremaster?! Since when!? Where was the job interview when I needed one Coryn ye bastard.

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
I've done it
MR city had been cast under the shadow of the growing night, leaving only its most tallest skyscrapers visible in the glowing moonlight that highlighted the city's form. Among the tallest of skyscrapers stood Fronomenal with a rusty shovel in hand, his head down with a evil grin on his face.

"I did it..."

A sound of thunder rumbled off in a distance. A succession of lightning strikes ripped through the sky above him.

Fro lifted up his head, his smile now contorting into something truly sinister.

"HAHA! I'VE DONE IT!"

He raised his shovel high into the air. A streak of lightning flashed behind him as he did so.

"I WATCHED RAIDERS SURVIVE A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, SAIL THE SEAS IN SEARCH OF HIDDEN TREASURE, AND RIP EACH OTHER TO SHREDS TO CLAIM A MYSTERIOUS POWER FROM A DYSTOPIAN WORLD!"

A gang of gray clouds mugged the dark skies above, producing a very fitting rainstorm for the already dramatic scene.

"I WATCHED ALL OF THESE THINGS, AND I FEEL AS THOUGH I EXPERIENCED THEM FIRSTHAND, GRANTING ME KNOWLEDGE AND POWER FAR BEYOND MY OWN ONCE FEEBLE IMAGINATION!"

As he said that, energy in the shape of pixels and code began to ooze out from every existing object in MR and slowly swirled their way upwards to Fro, circulating around him.  Suddenly the collective swirl of energy spun rapidly around Fro's shovel, outlining its form in a golden hue.

"HERE MY NAME INHABITANTS OF THE NET, FOR AM I NOW A BEING THAT HAS TRANSCENDED TIME AND SPACE ITSELF! LISTEN CLOSELY FOR THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME YOU"LL HEAR ME CHANT THESE HEAVENLY WORDS!

Everything around Fro seemed to intensify. The thundering and lightning, the spiral of energy, the pouring of dramatic rainfall. Even the night sky appeared to have darkened more.

All of this occurred to amplify this once in a lifetime moment. Screaming at top of his lungs he shouted.

"I AM PRODIGY OF THE OLD AND LOST! THE DISCOVERER OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS! THE MASTER OF UNTOLD STORIES LEFT BY THE DEAD! I AM THE NEW LOREMASTER OF ALL THINGS CANON! I AM THE FRONOMENAL ONE! I AM THE GRAVEMEISTER!!!"

And it was in that moment, when Fro's proclamations seemed to have reached their most absurd, he was struck by lightning in anticlimactic, yet expected fashion.  He stood frozen for a moment, his body resembling a mess of burnt ash, before collapsing and falling off the edge of the skyscraper and landing on the asphalt below with a large thud.

The thunder and rain stops and the gray clouds dispersed, leaving a clear blue sky and looming sunlight in their wake. Fro laid face first on the ground in a heap of ash, his rusted shovel laying beside him. Coryn appeared in front of the Foolish Fro, his hands buried deep in the pockets of his lab-coat. He shook his head.

"Junior Loremaster, Fro..."

In all seriousness though it's been one hell of journey going through all of this canon. It was fun adventure indeed, and it has really inspired me to write even more than before. I got like mad questions to ask, but I'll save them for another time. Right now I just want to relish in this moment of satisfaction.

And before anyone ask, the passage above was just a spur of the moment kind of thing. I really have no idea as to why I wrote it, but it happened and now it's there. Whether it's included in the canon or not... Well, that's up to the true Loremaster now isn't it?

Oh god this begs to go with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
You know when I originally wrote that piece, I was thinking of some dark, heavy orchestra playing in the background, but that song works well too.

And Lego, don't ever doubt the Gravemeister. There's no grave I can't dig.

Also, I've actually revisited Mortal Combat myself a few times. The Coryn vs Rojas battle and Coryn's weird circus ole arc are particular favorites of mine at the moment.
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@Lego: don't come after me with that. You wrote those interviews all by yourself.

@Fro: Every good story needs a weird circus arc like five seasons in.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
Or a tournament arc. Gotta love a good tournament arc.
Messatsu...

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
did someone say tournament arc!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Y'all write it an it shall be so.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Get me in on that tourney arc writing, stat. I want in.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
So in Coryn's story "Quest" it was mentioned that mods do not have access to their mod powers outside of MR.

Pretty sure I know the obvious reason why, but for clarification purposes, I would like to know as to why is this the case. *Winks at the Loremaster*
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well, we draw from reality on this one. I'm only a mod because the system says I am. So in canon as in real life, it's MR that actually dispenses the powers, and it can't do that outside of its own confines.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
Sort of surprised that you have yet to create a device allowing you to do so...

Or maybe... you're working on it as we speak and you don't anyone else to know about it! Only one way to find out...

*Lurks around the Science Division*
Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
You gonna write a story about that lurking, mate?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Stay out of there.  :read:  It's dangerous down there....

I mean, I think it's probably fine not to fill that gap. No need to give us infinite power all over the universe.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
@Mahlua: Literally just added that idea to the list. It right underneath a grave digging canon story, and a possible ecchiverse canon story that I'm figuring out a concept for. Keep in mind though, that's only the bottom portion of the list.

@Coryn: But having infinite power on the go just sounds so fun though...  :(
Messatsu...