November 24, 2017, 12:36:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Coryn's: Quick and Easy Guide to the MR Universe Story Canon and Characters  (Read 20309 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Coryn's: Quick and Easy Guide to the MR Universe Story Canon and Characters
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2016, 08:28:56 PM »
well on the bright side i've got my old computer plugged back in so i can FINALLY transfer over my files, which means I once again have access to my "to do list" will update in a day or two

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Okay Coryn! Here is my first draft for the 4KCU dossier file. It's very iffy, but I think it names the main agents we've seen so far in MR Canon.

And wow, I went down some of the canon at random and this is quite amazing when you see it. Definitely hyped for more MR Canon in general dude. It's just so fun.

Also, here is a blurb for Dystop 2 if it's needed

Dystopic Blades 2

Dystopic Blades is naturally, the sequel to the first Dystopic Blades. The survivors of the first fight, Coryn and Aero search once again for The Fire. But not everything is as it seems. Strange static storms rise, even as the tournament to the death continues with new players on board.

It is then revealed that Dystopic Blades is actually what used to be Mortal Combat. Through lots of complicated shenanigans, the raiders battle against the 4KCU and find a way back to reality to prevent the destruction of MR City.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,6308.0.html

And of course, for the timeline

For the timeline:

April 7th, 2011 - By some time travel shenanigans, Raiders escape the trapped frozen world and continue on with their predetermined lives.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:27:53 PM by legomaestro »

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
I've read some of the earlier stories but need to majorly catch up.

However, on the offchance this gets reignited soon you can consider this a rough format post to enlist myself into any future MR Canon stories ;)

Nobody really knows where Sherbet really came from but he first appeared on the streets of MR city with much vigor and gusto.

Nowadays, he is often seen drinking and spouting drunken nonsense on a variety of street corners within the Writer's Districts, a bottle of Goldschlager in one hand and a shot glass in the other. This seemingly homeless fool has some class at least.

Occasionally, he can also be spotted outside of the MR Pub shouting all manners of strange jargon, for they have learned not to allow him in for extended periods anymore. Despite his antics, there are some who believe that there is always a knowing look in those bleary eyes, even when Sherbet claims they are seeing double. 

Unfortunately, most of the knowledge he seeks to share with passers by is often slurred and unintelligible. Yet there are occasional times that wisdom pours out amongst the drunken ramblings and as time has gone by, the local community has gradually learned to understand the many prattling words this unfortunate soul offers them. From time to time, they have even gained his trust and been allowed to drink from the glittering golden bottle that he wields which he claims is the source of his true power. If that power truly exists, he has yet to reveal it.

Sherbet has not yet stepped forth to involve himself when MR city calls for aid but perhaps someday, the time will come to reveal whether or not he has purposefully remained in the dark...or maybe he really is just a crazed drunkard.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Think of the MR Canon like a lot of DC or Marvel universes haha - lots of stuff you don't have to all read or see but can get the general gist of here and there. Some of them are short and fun reads though so try it when you can!

Haha, that bio is something else haha. Welcome to the canon, dude!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lego I think you forgot to include the draft on the agents?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well it's a solid start. Hard to edit things on a phone, bit I can get to working it in once internet is live and proper again. There were a few errors (the circles and chorus's are their whole military division for instance, nod just this unit), but over all pretty quick to fit in with the section we already have on 4kids

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I expected as much. Edit them as you can. I messed up the naming of the agents during Dystop as well, so they may be need to be explained away as exceptions e.g General Digamma and co. There was also a hebrew naming theme that I forgot to work with .

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 well a lot of the naming thing is already in there. So our work might be done there

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, I almost forgot this was a thing. I have read some of the stories going on, and I appreciate the TL;DR of the google docs Coryn has set up. I, like Mister Sherbert, would like to join as a character when/if this gets reignited. I plan on posting something of an introduction to myself as a story to see if I can actually kickstart it myself, and the reason I'm bothering to comment here is to remind myself to do so. (I'm one of those people that once I put my word out there that I'm going to do something, I'm much more likely to get it done in a reasonable time span.)

If anyone wants me to write up a quick bio, I suppose I can do that with some guidelines or something. (Kind of like I'm still waiting for someone to actually go to my profile page and ask about my "location" any day now.) Unless someone tells me otherwise, I'll PM Coryn a draft when I'm done with that for verification and then I guess I'll either post it here or post it alongside my introductory oneshot.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
I did the MRverse Bio thing, as promised. I'm working on the origin story now. Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted it to actually be alerted to, since I don't think modifying a message shows up on unread.

Bless Coryn for sitting through my 1.5k word first draft. Anyway, I’ve tried to condense this for your artistic liberty and reading pleasure.

Body/Appearance
>Hair: Ginger, long, occasionally put up lazily to keep bangs out of eyes while working.

>Eyes: “Hazel”, but varies with surrounding colors and mood.

>Body: ~5’6” (somewhere in the range of 165-170 cm) and petite but androgynously lightly toned build.

>Glasses: Rectangle light but solid frame, alt: cosplay contacts and/or steampunk/industrial prescrip goggles.

>Style: Flannel, skinny jeans, and boots, sometimes a tie. Alts: non-pastel variations of Goth and Lolita, also Industrial/Cyberpunk and Steampunk. Oddly, I don’t wear reds/pinks/yellows. Have a field day.

>Body Mods: None “irl”, but in universe I’m fine with most anything you see fit. Only no-nos are nose and naval piercings.

>Gender???: I said “demigirl” in the Welcome Center and I don’t wanna confuse you. It’s just how I express myself. Basically casual, gender-neutral clothes most of the time, but may get a little girly for an event.

Things I Do
>Women.

>Write/draw/hang out/review. Obvs.

>Parkour/Free Running: Mild proficiency.

>Slack Lining: Can walk a line just fine, but still working on turning around, never mind fancy tricks.

>Work-Outs: Nothing too intense, and usually just with my own body and surroundings, not machines or weights.

>Caster Boards (i.e. Ripstick) : Casually. No real tricks to speak of.

>Dance: Somewhere between industrial, jumpstyle, hip-hop, and generally looking like an idiot. Bonus for poi balls or glowsticks.

>Witchy/Pagan things: No curses/hexes from me. I ain’t about that life. I may use herbs and such for healing, and I might could be convinced to do some divination. Ceremonial feasts are fun though.

My Comedic Quirks
>I quit smoking back in October of last year, but I will occasionally bum a drag when around other smokers. Can be used in the “I thought you quit!” sense.

>Sometimes my Southern accent slips out, typically when I’m mad or otherwise very passionate.

>I have some creative insults, and I swear a lot. However, I try to steer clear of the GD bomb unless absolutely livid.

>I have some faint Asian tendencies due to my upbringing. I will eat most anything with chopsticks and occasionally use Hawaiian slang.

>I absolutely abhor onions. My body just can’t bring itself to bear the taste of them. Yet, I love garlic.

>When I can, I will drop puns, innuendos, or shout “OBJECTION!” with the tell-tale finger-point.

>I am hilariously weak to “advances” from intelligent, strong-willed, determined, and generally dominant-aired women. My stutterfits are notorious.

>I’m going into teaching, and I ramble a lot when I’m passionate. Feel free to make teacher jokes. I will laugh with you.

Writing Me In A Fight?
>Secretly, I’m quite a suppressed sadist. In a fight, feel free to have me frenzy with shrieks and inappropriate gigglefits and vaguely (or not so vaguely) suggestive commentary.

>I love electric/shock based fighting. Bonus for punny or innuendo attack names.
>>I have a favorite “Fatality” style attack my friends and I came up with called Pink Lightning. Basically take the enemy by the head and fry them with pure electricity through the eyeballs. Bonus for a bad one-liner afterwards.

>As for weapons, particularly I like the karambit, cutlass, scimitar, khopesh, guandao, and battle or handaxe. Would be fine with chakrams or warhammers.

Further Insight
>To guide, to protect, to teach, and to love. Those are my main life focuses.

>Puns, innuendos, and dry/cynical humor and sass/snarkery galore.

>I don’t even take myself seriously with some of my passions.

>I believe all people have infinite potential, but in both good and bad directions.

>I don’t intend to make things personal, but sometimes my words are misconstrued as such..

When in doubt, feel free to PM, but firstly and foremostly, have fun!
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
Lol 4 kids is the enemy  ;) Cool stuff! Can my character Tristan be a part of this universe? He is a devil!!!

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Obstensively. The universe is there to work with, but keep in mind the goal is to have our main characters be ourselves (some leeway obviously). That being said, we work with a big multiverse angle, so not hard to incorporate different things. Which is how we've ended up with such a smorgasbord of stuff.

My advice before diving too deep, is to at least give the guide a read, and any stories that picques your interest. Lay that foundation.