April 16, 2024, 07:19:28 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 310474 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1290 on: June 19, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
162/365
did better than previous sets, I was able to focus a lot better for some reason.

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 20, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
Oh wow, I really like the way you did the texture on the skirt (pattern?). Having the shading get darker when the lines overlap is a great choice.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 23, 2019, 05:58:00 AM »
Nice attire!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 30, 2019, 10:34:29 AM »
Know you're on a break but this is for when you log back in: Really like how your characters feel 'filled out' you know? They have great outfits and really take up space.

Your lineart is on point suuper!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 24, 2019, 12:33:21 PM »
@coryn thanks! I used a semi-transparent brush so where they overlap it gets darker. in this instance, its just meant to be a guideline for fabric/ribbons that overlap each other, but I do have plaid patterned outfits as you described on some of my other characters :P

@WalterB thanks :)

@lego thanks. perhaps part of the reason they feel "filled out" is that these are second/third iteration sketches, so I'm working on improving the depth and proportions, as well as adding details like patterns etc before inking.

well, I'm back! MR going offline certainly gave me a scare while I was lurking though haha.

I had a decent break away and did a bit more drawing than last holiday, 152 A4 pages of sketches!!. This year was mostly about working on core ability such as straight lines, getting faces looking symmetrical, and basic body proportions and stuff. It's gonna take some time to scan it all in and process, but heres a sneak preview.

Spoiler

anyways that's all for now. looks like I've got some commenting to do on everyone's threads so cya all soon :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 24, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »
@coryn thanks! I used a semi-transparent brush so where they overlap it gets darker. in this instance, its just meant to be a guideline for fabric/ribbons that overlap each other, but I do have plaid patterned outfits as you described on some of my other characters :P

@WalterB thanks :)

@lego thanks. perhaps part of the reason they feel "filled out" is that these are second/third iteration sketches, so I'm working on improving the depth and proportions, as well as adding details like patterns etc before inking.

well, I'm back! MR going offline certainly gave me a scare while I was lurking though haha.

I had a decent break away and did a bit more drawing than last holiday, 152 A4 pages of sketches!!. This year was mostly about working on core ability such as straight lines, getting faces looking symmetrical, and basic body proportions and stuff. It's gonna take some time to scan it all in and process, but heres a sneak preview.

Spoiler

anyways that's all for now. looks like I've got some commenting to do on everyone's threads so cya all soon :P

that is a lot of pages, keep up the good work!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 24, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »
@vikings thanks! doing a lot of work helps to push towards getting a lot of experience and progress.....i hope!

Well I managed to process it rather quickly, and so begins the long awaited sketch dump (only 151 pages, there's 1 page missing in the upload but I don't know which one lol)
-Scroll warning-
-Also slight NSFW warning - figure sketches (just my normal stuff)-
-Also loli proportions warning haha-

Spoiler

in no particular order, here's a bunch of the best ones with a bit more zoom in them

Spoiler

stuff I learnt:
-guidelines are reallllly important
-I have no idea what a horizontal or vertical line is in respect to my page, which is why my drawings get tilt. I need to be properly focused to even notice my lines are out of whack.
-I can now occasionally see what is wrong with my drawing and improve it, rather than just knowing "something" is wrong.
-I forgot a lot of stuff I thought I had learnt before and ended up relearning it. Probably because I don't do enough art to keep it all in my head at the same time. Also probably why my holiday sketching seems to boost my confidence is because I'm doing a lot in a short space of time.
-Drawing from memory is probably best done with some drawing from reference in between, otherwise you hit your own memory limit and that's when you need the new information or relearn stuff you forgot. Since I drew so much with very little access to references during my holiday, I think I occasionally peaked at the top of my ability with little chances of improvement.
-I improved in my ability to draw with proportions, and to draw the same character/body type consistently rather than a random result. I was processing a lot more values and parts of the drawing as I worked, so for each part of the body, I was thinking of a specific type (ie thin, muscular, long) and the shapes/angles/curves required to get that result.
-I experienced being in the "zone" quite a few times (related to the above point), so I'm thinking that the "zone" is a particular moment of extra clarity where you can remember/imagine more details and points than you would normally. So it helps, I imagine, to keep stress-free and immersed in the subject to experience this more often.

after processing my unscanned papers I've got another 500 WIPs in my folders now haha. But with a stronger resolve to work through them and get my challenges under my belt as well. I've got a to-do list thats potentially infinite, but I'm going to stick by it and tackle the challenges or projects one-by-one and not let myself keep getting distracted to "level up". By keeping the open project count low, I'm hoping I can work through them faster and learn a bit more because I'm immersed in that area.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:41:38 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 24, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
Glad to hear you learned so much over the vacation Suuper! As far as the tilt goes, have you thought about practicing on graph paper (especially graph paper with very light lines, engineering paper for instance)? That way you could get something of a guideline to train your hand, while not leaving ugly lines when you scan it in.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 25, 2019, 02:33:54 AM »
Thats a lot of output. Those last with the clothes are great! Very nice details.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 25, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »
@coryn that's an interesting idea, I've never thought about using graph paper or a grid before. It might definitely be worth a look into, and especially in digital, I can just have the grid on a separate layer which I delete in the first place.

@walterB thanks!

168/365 cleaned images

I'm splitting up my tasks into ones that I can do when tired, such as typing or sorting, and ones that I can't, like actual drawing. I have a tendency to want to sort things out first thing, but by swapping them around I can be more productive.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 25, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »
Amazing collection of sketches as always, suuper! Your proportions are definitely looking better as well as the figures. And I don't think I've said it before, but I really like the childlike qualities the characters have. Like, they're easy to look at? And relatable? Keep it up!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 26, 2019, 04:58:25 AM »
Potentially infinite is an optimistic way to put it hahaha.

Dude suuper. Literally clapped hands for you here. This is just amazing. You're really hitting at the treadmill. This is the sort of practice that I want in my daily life. Even if I don't gain anything I just love the comforting confident thought that comes with knowing that you've worked hard at something and are doing it of your own volition.

Your work with clothing has definitely improved leaps and bounds, and you're always working with such fully formed figures. It doesn't seem like you take a lot of shortcuts and that's good.

Glad to hear the vacation bolstered your motivation, and it's cool to see you around again. And as for the reference thing absolutely. I just need a reliable hack that has me able to use reference without distracting me from my zone. My mental stamina is so low that even quickly looking up a gun pose is more stressful than trying to figure it out in real time with my own hand. I am so easily taken out of the zone that I don't like using reference, but yeah it's even worse when you try to guess everything.  References for the win.

The WIPs will definitely be all done at a point at this rate. Looking forward to that milestone. Awesome stuff all round suups

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 26, 2019, 08:37:27 AM »
@echo thanks! I personally also like the childish aspect but it sometimes comes up when I don't intend it which can leave my characters looking younger than intended which can be annoying.

@lego
yeah working hard is it's own reward. but the final skill (or rather, the things you produce with it) at the end of it, now that's the real reward that we're all working for :P
for the clothing, I find it's often the simple details like adding pockets or a seam or edge, or frills or lace, that make it look more realistic, and not so much realistic looking folds (as desirable as they are). just my thoughts.

as far as references go, I don't quite have a workflow for working with them but I imagine it would be at some point in my WIP processing. really I like to copy from references as practice/learning and then draw my own original sketches

well if I keep adding to the WIPs they won't get finished lol, but I can at least aim for a respectable turnover time of about 6 months (that's my idea to have no WIP older than 6 months - I also have a "fast track" folder where anything I want to process sooner gets put in that)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »
And yeah I forgot to mention btw your proportions work for you. I do know the assosciations but they do make characters look cuter and whatever .Anyhow

I will take you up on that clothing thing and see if it does something for my next batch of drawings.

If you ever find a flow that works for references you know who to share with XD

Hmmm yeah you have a point there. Come to think of it I haven't organized my drawings in a minute. Now that I'm drawing a bit more again I should take a look at the mess I have haha

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 26, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
@coryn that's an interesting idea, I've never thought about using graph paper or a grid before. It might definitely be worth a look into, and especially in digital, I can just have the grid on a separate layer which I delete in the first place.

@walterB thanks!

168/365 cleaned images

I'm splitting up my tasks into ones that I can do when tired, such as typing or sorting, and ones that I can't, like actual drawing. I have a tendency to want to sort things out first thing, but by swapping them around I can be more productive.

the clothing on that sketch looks perfect