May 21, 2019, 06:40:02 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 72683 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1230 on: March 31, 2019, 06:31:26 PM »
Bahaha you're lucky I managed to post recently because the curse can work both ways. I was feeling mighty mighty mighty lazy but won over that.

30 WIPs. Noice!

And congrats on the 100 Deviations thing on DA. It's going to pay off methinks (or I hope). At the very least it's a nice thing to hit a goal you make for yourself.

And hah. I may be already bulk-inclined I suppose. I just want to be working on stuff that is 'completed'. My regimens are regimens for their sake and your WIPs can be made as complete deviations down the line.

By the by your faces have improved quite a bit.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 02, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
whoops posted the same piece twice lol

Yeah it's still quite quiet on the DA, but generally my better pieces get more interest, with my Megumin one getting 18 favourites so far compared to all my other ones having 3-5. so as I gain skill hopefully I will garner more interest as well. joining groups and submitting your art seems to be the in thing from what I see. Some artists submit to LOADS of groups so they naturally get more exposure and that much more interest, even if they are not as skilled.

thanks, I have noticed since doing the 1000 faces that I have a tad more control over what sort of face I want to draw, as well as a higher range of face types that I can draw.

once these old WIPs are out of the way I can reboot my "sensible learning and WIP processing scheme", at the moment I'm very sketch biased at the moment. Ideally I want to rotate between working on lots of sketches and working on lots of linearts etc to get the immersion in each area.

While my WIPs certainly are getting towards final pieces, they also don't really help me improve my skills in any particular area, so I think it's better to do studies like hands and faces and so on for improving. I'll be back to that myself soon.

(808 WIPs remaining)

edit 788 remaining

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:39:15 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »
732 WIPs remaining

edit 712 remaining

I just realized that after exporting my image and closing the file without saving (as i normally do for simple pages), that I forgot to remove the faint sketches from underneath, which is endlessly annoying. oh well, it's better than closing and not saving, only to find I haven't exported at all haha. that hasn't happened yet! >_<
I really don't want a ton of GIMP files clogging up the place but it would certainly be good for peace of mind. might start doing that now, *sigh*.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:40:42 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 07, 2019, 06:07:11 PM »
652 WIPs remaining
I also very occasionally sketchily colour a sketch like so.

not sure what's better, a coloured unfinished sketch, or just a black line finished lineart.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 07, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
The sketchie inside of me says yesssss leave them coloured but I suppose it's more practical for you to have line-art first. Besides, in commissions it's always Head - Black and White - Coloured  in terms of seeling and price range. There's rarely that in between thing (WHICH LOOKS GREAT HERE BTW TEACH ME. How long did it take?)

Seeing those numbers reduce like this is great dude. You're really going to hit the finish line soon. I'm doing some organizing myself on the writing side of things. I'm not polishing work or anything but I'm finally putting files where they belong. It's doing wonders for my mental space.

Headphone gal fom previous point I like a bit. Favourite is this girl to the right though. She has a lot of 'meat' to her and the pose is just so. I do love the coloured one but the pose and expression on gal is all win for me. I want to kidnap.

Keep at it suuper!

(hmmmm maybe I should check out the Megumin website)

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 07, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »
the coloured sketch is just slapping down colour and shade on extra layers, but super fast and skimping on the detail, since it's only a sketch. the umbrella one took 4 minutes to sketch and 6 minutes to colour and shade. i suppose its useful for concept sketches and roughing out ideas, although i absolutely love it when a sketch colours up nicely, but it's completely random as to whether i do it or not XD

some artists have very sketchy styles so maybe im leaning towards that.

these days i have been trying for a less skinny body style so glad thats working out.

Megumin website? The one I was talking about was just one of my posts on DA, unless you mean something else.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:33:21 AM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 10, 2019, 07:38:09 AM »
632 WIPs remaining. I've changed my processing style (and intend to do a fuller test later on) so in each page of 10-20 WIPs, I first go round each one and draw the body, then I draw the clothes on each one, then I add details on them all (such as patterns, frills, accessories, backgrounds if possible). I think this helps to make the pieces more varied (because I'm thinking within each stage for longer) and more accurate (because I'm getting into the flow for each stage), and I'm realizing that my poses are boring/strange because I don't think about what action the person is meant to be doing, it's just a random pose. watch this space.
-also I'm helping redecorate the house and I can't focus on drawing for the life of me. good job I'm off work for Easter, hopefully I can get some extra drawing hours in somehow.
-also feet need more studying. I've managed to get by all this time without paying much attention, but I just draw them by default I don't know what I'm doing XD
-I can feel the imminent progress in my bones.
-also I feel really confident on faces, at least generic ones.

edit 612 remaining.
-heres a gif of my workflow. working on headshot WIPs this time. some were not quite worthy (5-1, 2-2, 5-4) by my current standards but they are older WIPs so I let it slide.
-click to slightly enlarge. I think this workflow is fab so far.
-it's hard to think of a range of poses when you are working from the head down, don't know fully why.
-timewise roughly 25 mins body, 25 mins clothes, 20 mins details. I think I can get about 20% faster just by reducing pauses between drawings and between parts of clothing but that's insanely mad to try it haha
-after a couple more different regimes I think I will be able to improve my design speed and variety a little.
-seriously so much to do XD
-and I just had another idea on how to improve coloured sketch quality and speed haha.

4-4 is kinda like a power-up animation lol
don't get me animating please...*sigh*

edit well this wasn't meant to be an animation but just a decay effect, but adjusting the slider on one of the settings caused the level of decay to change so I snapped a bunch and animated it.

Spoiler

edit 572 remaining
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:11:30 PM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 12, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
532 remaining. could be worse.
even on bad drawing days i'm doing better in my accuracy and creativity

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:00:16 PM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 16, 2019, 10:52:28 AM »
480 remaining. hitting all sort of mental barriers, most of which seems to be a creative exhaustion that I hit after several good pages, the quality will drop and then after a bit of rest the quality is back up again. I'm hoping that this will be less and less of a problem down the line as I gain skill and stamina.
As with the other regimes so far, half way through I'm starting to challenge what am I actually doing and is this really what I need to be doing right now to improve. Probably not, but I'm thinking that I'm building a bulletproof workflow for whatever I decide to challenge in the future.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 16, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
You cracked the 500 mark! Awesome! And glad to hear the about the 'feeling of learning something' imminent in your bones. Gawd that gif is exactly the sort of stuff I like to see. Props.  I heard from the Youtuber Almed Aldoori that he starts with the feet for the sake of gesture and then works his way up to the head. He says the head is not that good of a landmark to inspire flowy looking things. Also, references make the world go round.

Really inspiring to see your stuff. Hang in there. The mental drains can be tough.

The Megumin thing was me being a spaz.

Also hope the house stuff is working out well.

I'm thinking before June we'll be done with quite a bit of our regimens at this stage and starting on even more nasty stuff and I'm excited for that really.

Keep at it! Love the cyborg girl because cyberpunk.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 16, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »
thanks v much :)
well since I started with over 1000 WIPs I'm sort of at 600 or something already haha.
Looking back 6 months ago to how I felt while drawing, I feel I've made a huge improvement in what I think and how I plan my drawing while working. still plenty of inhibitions on attempting difficult pieces though >_<

And as far as total WIPs that I've processed so far since I started my WIP craze, it's about 1400 which is nice. although very biased towards the initial sketches rather than lineart or colourings, but all in due time. I'm nearly out of linearts for my DA so it's going to go quiet for a bit until I stack up more finished pieces XD

starting at the feet sounds just as difficult haha but I can totally relate to not starting with the head. I had better luck in my 1000 figures when i started at the waist and worked outwards. Not having a clear pose in mind certainly makes for a dull drawing though.
I think starting with a perspective box might be a nice idea. will have to try that out.

yeah we've had window people in and plasterers and stuff so rooms are out of action while we decorate, and my rooms a bit of a dumping ground for house junk XD

cyberpunk indeed. gotta think of a good story just to use that theme.

I've got no idea what I plan to be doing by June, but I have quite a few regimes lined up to try and get a bunch of my skills above level 0 :P
I really really really want to start a manga but as always I feel my skill level is too low. I've got a pretty decent throw away story (shounen) that'll last a good volume or two. still in the raw phase.
also want to start commissions haha.

460 WIPs remaining

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 17, 2019, 04:00:44 AM »
Very cool stuff.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 17, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
@walterB thanks!

420 left. quality varying crazily. remind me what proportions are again. Also legs are a pain. Almost as much as shoes are a pain.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 17, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »
Shoes are a terrible thing. They're trickier than one would think.

Good stuff. Cool hairstyle there on the dude.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »
thanks
400 left.
clothes details and background details are now in different iterations which helps. also wow I'm adding backgrounds on nearly half my sketches. albeit some are just seats or whatever but that's a serious improvement to what it was before, like, nothing.
also patterns go in little pattern boxes because that's easier to understand when I come back to the wip later.

edit 384 remaining

also check out how my sketches have improved for adding backgrounds. about a month difference between these pieces. (click to enlarge if you want)
Spoiler

edit: *internal screaming* uggggh there are seriously so many areas to improve in how do you even decide which one to work on next????

also I have a cold, again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:22:04 PM by suuper-san »