March 29, 2024, 12:58:29 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307662 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1110 on: January 07, 2019, 01:43:40 PM »
I really like your variety on hair styles.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 07, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
thanks :) I'm trying to mix up the hair styles even if that's not what I'm focusing on in the sketches.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 08, 2019, 08:55:55 AM »
Dude you can draw Shinon from memory now? And those are some great faces. Like the afro one for biased reasons but the gals' hairstyles work really well too. Keep at it.

Also regimens make the world go round.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 08, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »
@lego sort of, I'll forget if I don't keep drawing her until I'm used to it like Megumin. Also I want to capture the likeness which means remembering a lot more proportions on the face, hair, clothes etc.

talking of regimens, I finished my program that tells/shows me how many images are in each of my folders in a nice table, so I dont have to right click each folder in turn and add up all the numbers with a calculator >_<

I added a cleanup stage in between sketching and inking because I was trying to add detail on the sketch and it was getting crowded, making it harder to ink. So a pre-ink phase was in order. The cons are that each image has an extra stage to go through. the pros are that each image will be able to end up a higher quality.

heres the business end of the cropped screenshot
Spoiler

Also, I've got to try and work at a lower zoom for the earlier stages, to lay down the details quick and only sharpen them up at high zoom near the final stage. otherwise it just takes too much time. Working on 4-6 images of the same stage is helping me to improve my workflow a lot more than working on an individual image all the way through from sketch to coloured lineart.

Time to actually do art instead of talking about it @_@

edit: art has been done.
329/1000

Spoiler

and some super quick coloured sketches. i was going for maximum speed. a summer theme with warm thoughts :P
also trying to do simple backgrounds more.

Spoiler

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:38:21 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 08, 2019, 06:42:40 PM »
Dawg that's a really nifty program you got going on there! Those programming chops of yours definitely looks like they come in handy.

And great work as always suuper! Beautiful faces all around.
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 09, 2019, 01:24:41 AM »
Dude the practicality of your programs is on point haha! Just how! I just had a flashback to a day when I fantasized about making a program that 'Vortexes a folder' When you drop it in: It collects all images strewn about a folder and organizes them. Seeing what you do, is something like that possible?

Seeing the hairstyles with the buns is really showing how you're understanding how the hair wraps around the head of your characters. Also nice faces all round. So many of them! 

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 09, 2019, 03:17:21 AM »
@fro thanks yeah programming has become part of my problem solving, i do it all the time for quick things like that. i'm not sure if i save time overall but it saves me having to do repetitive tasks and remembering lots of numbers :)

@lego thanks. what do you mean by organizing images? like it recognises a hand or a face and puts it into the relevant folder? that would be cool, but would be seriously programming intensive. Google seems to be able to analyse an images contents so the api might be usable but i think it would be out of my skill range >_<
it totally depends on the type of images you want to sort and the level of sorting you want to do.
i did make an image sorting program as it happens but its manual and only slightly faster than dragging and dropping the images in explorer itself haha

latest, added some bodies to some headshots

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 09, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
great work as always suuper but what happend with the boys head(that gray stuff)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 09, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
@eukocar that was the original sketch (just a head) which had been drawn on lined paper. I'm going through old sketches at the moment and finishing them off, adding bodies, inking, colouring etc. All the sketches on that page will get inked so I don't need to clean up anything.

edit: trying to do a bit of serious background pieces. i dug up some old 3d work and made a bunch of shots, and used them like unfinished wips. its a bit hard to see the characters but i'll have cropped them before inking.

wait, so now i have another layer of wip processing to do, making backgrounds? >_<

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:58:02 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 15, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »
my arms are killing me from garden work but I don't want to let that beat me art-wise.
not done much to do with wips so far this year but been busy with life and other art things.

well I can do these sort of sketches quite comfortably. my workflow is changing so fast I cant quite keep up with the ideas and methods that I'm thinking of.
spent longer on this than I wanted, I was aiming at about 15 minutes but hey predicting is also a skill.
higher zoom totally controls the quality you get. higher zoom=higher quality and visa versa. But you gain in time so it's a clear trade off. I might finish my requests in this style since I want to explore and improve the sketch style as well.
Nagato Yuki from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

edit have a step-by-step gif
Spoiler
first step is pose thumbnails trying to think of an idea. although I bailed out and did a normal standing pose anyway.

also can you believe it I made a tiny app to type the date for me in the filenames because I finally got fed up of doing it by hand. also I make mistakes when I do it but a program wont.

i want to some greyscale/monochrome sketches too @_@

edit2:

some finished wips
Spoiler

also I upgraded my folder counting program to show increase/decrease in number because thats fun as well

Spoiler
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:57:37 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
I really like your work!  Great job!  Your eyes are amazing!
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 16, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
@Rustee thanks! I love putting lots of highlights in the eyes :)

latest: starting to pick up speed again. starting to settle into controlling the level of quality I put into a piece, and at what quality to work at for each stage in the wip process.

Spoiler
Finished Sketches

Cleaned Sketches - the stage before lineart. If I'm lucky then the quality will be high enough to use as a lineart anyway :P

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 16, 2019, 01:09:50 PM »
Beautiful work Suuper!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 16, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
Ahah! A table! Props! It's great to see you taking a step away from plain figures!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 16, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »
@walterB thanks :)

@coryn thanks! I'm finally starting to get comfortable with working with characters that I'm able to put a bit of focus onto backgrounds. hopefully I'll be able to be even more consistent in the future.

talking of tables:
latest: a request finally finished for WalterB

Spoiler